Queenstown TourismQueenstown AccommodationQueenstown Bed and BreakfastQueenstown Holiday RentalsQueenstown Holiday PackagesQueenstown FlightsQueenstown RestaurantsQueenstown AttractionsQueenstown ShoppingQueenstown Travel ForumQueenstown PhotosQueenstown MapQueenstown GuideHotels
All Queenstown HotelsQueenstown Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in QueenstownBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Queenstown MotelsQueenstown HostelsQueenstown CampgroundsFamily Hotels QueenstownQueenstown CasinosQueenstown Green HotelsBusiness Hotels QueenstownQueenstown ResortsLuxury Hotels QueenstownRomantic Hotels QueenstownSpa Resorts QueenstownBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Wyndham Hotels in QueenstownInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in QueenstownHilton Hotels in QueenstownAccor Hotels in QueenstownPopular AmenitiesPopular Queenstown Categories
Family Resorts in QueenstownLuxury Spa Hotels QueenstownQueenstown Pet Friendly CampsitesQueenstown Luxury LodgesQueenstown Hot Tub Suite HotelsQueenstown Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsQueenstown Ski LodgesBoutique Bed and Breakfast QueenstownLuxury Bed and Breakfast QueenstownQueenstown Spa HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Queenstown GardensHotels near Kiwi Birdlife ParkHotels near Coronet PeakHotels near Queenstown HillHotels near Nomad SafarisHotels near The Remarkables Ski AreaHotels near Lake WakatipuHotels near Queenstown MallHotels near Ben Lomond TrackHotels near Arrow RiverNear Airports
All things to do in QueenstownAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday HomesShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Queenstown Hill: Tickets & ToursLake Wakatipu: Tickets & ToursKiwi Birdlife Park: Tickets & ToursQueenstown Gardens: Tickets & ToursBen Lomond Track: Tickets & ToursThe Remarkables Ski Area: Tickets & ToursCoronet Peak: Tickets & ToursGibbston Valley Winery: Tickets & ToursMoke Lake: Tickets & ToursChard Farm Winery: Tickets & ToursQueenstown Trail: Tickets & ToursPeregrine Wines: Tickets & ToursMt Rosa Wines: Tickets & ToursWet Jacket Winery: Tickets & ToursArrow River: Tickets & Tours
Queenstown Tourism and Holidays: Best of Queenstown
A playground for adrenaline-junkies, oenophiles, and nature-seekers
Staggering beauty and heart-pumping thrills await in the resort town of Queenstown, which is also known for its Hobbits—much of the Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed in the area. Outdoor enthusiasts come here for the kayaking, bungee jumping, jetboating, white-water rafting, hiking, and skiing. More mild-mannered adventurers can take a quiet cruise through nearby Milford Sound, part of the Fiordland National Park World Heritage area, or sample South Island pinot noir from one of the region's 75 wineries.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Queenstown.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Queenstown bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Queenstown
Uncover the Majesty of Queenstown and Beyond
Queenstown offers spectacular scenery set against the dramatic southern alps and majestic Lake Wakatipu. Other than its undeniable beauty, this resort town is known as the adrenaline capital of the world, being a popular destination for adventure seekers all year round. Here's my guide to experiencing the best of Queenstown and the South Island!
Lin W, Singapore, Singapore
- Lake Wakatipu1,073The crown jewel of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu is also one of NZ's largest and longest lakes! Flanked by mammoth mountain peaks, explore the lake and the surrounding areas on a leisurely cruise or high-speed jetboat!
- Novotel Queenstown Lakeside3,873Wake up every morning to some of the most stunning views of Lake Wakatipu at this gorgeous waterfront hotel. With modern and spacious rooms, Novotel Queenstown Lakeside is located just a few minutes away from the main F&B district, making it an ideal stay for your next trip to Queenstown.
- Queenstown Hill1,499The Queenstown Hill walking trail offers beautiful views of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountainous region. Starting from Belfast Street, this three-hour walk is a comfortable 1.7-2km long, perfect for the whole family!
- Fergburger14,893Serving some of the best burgers in New Zealand (and some say the world!), Fergburger can't be missed if you're making a trip to Queenstown. Try the classic Ferg with Cheese or chow down on the Sweet Bambi burger, a juicy deer meat patty topped with Thai plum chutney. Pro tip: Get there early to avoid the snaking queues and crowd!
- Halo879Open from 7am daily, this vegetarian-friendly cafe is the perfect place to get your morning fuel and cuppa joe to kickstart your day. And don't forget to grab one of their vegan Peanut Butter Cups to-go as well!
- Winnies2,144Enjoy the lively atmosphere while digging in to a hearty spread of pizza and pasta. Cosy up in front of the inviting fireplace, or hang around till late to enjoy a lively DJ set!
- Glenorchy-Queenstown Road1,927A scenic 45-min drive from Queenstown to Glenorchy promises some of the most spectacular sights in all of New Zealand. But while you immerse yourself in the breathtaking sights, don't forget to make pit stops along the way for amazing photo ops with the lake and mountains as your backdrop!
- Arrowtown Village1,634A charming old mining town just 20 mins from Queenstown, Arrowtown offers some quiet respite after an adrenaline-fueled day. Learn more about the mining history of the Otago region, or simply enjoy the quaint shopping streets and local craft stores.
- Skyline Queenstown12,988Take a ride on one of the world's steepest gondolas while you immerse yourself in spectacular panoramic views of Queenstown and the stunning Remarkables mountain range. At the peak, take an exhilarating downhill ride on the Skyline Luge and end your night with a dreamy stargazing experience.
- Milford Sound5,705If you have the luxury of time, an overnight trip to Milford Sound is a must! A five-hour drive from Queenstown, visit during the heavy rainfall months of Dec-Jan to enjoy the cascading waterfalls as you cruise through the Fiordland National Park.