“one of a kind Beautiful oasis get away”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Unique Story Book Cottage on 5 Breathtaking acres of peaceful seclusion.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Rick C
“one of a kind Beautiful oasis get away”
Reviewed 13 May 2018 for a stay in September 2017

Escaping hurricane Irma I found the perfect accommodations, Our home was a disaster in Naples. and the stress levels were high. Your cottage was the perfect answer.
The tranquil surroundings Were just what the doc ordered.The cottage was warm inviting, and beautifully decorated. All the attractions were close by, but one could retreat to nature with ease. The name says it all. It truly is right out of a story book. We will return.

Key D
“WOW! Everything I had hoped for and more”
Reviewed 7 May 2018 for a stay in November 2017

Jodee was great! Helped plan everything for my anniversary (not to good at that stuff).I started my search for the perfect place and must have read a million reviews of places all around the smokies. After seeing so many great memories made at Storybook I contacted Jodee and it was like she knew me and my wife for years. The trip was something we had planned for years and finally surprising my wife was just what she needed. Everything was perfect. A little sightseeing in the park, shopping in town and a short drive to paradise. My goal was just having "US" time so wet mainly just enjoyed the peace and quiet of the secluded cottage. Don't know anywhere you can get away from it all like we did there. There is even have a whippoorwill we heard every night by our campfire. How cool?
With her great reviews I noticed one crazy negative one? Not sure where that guy stayed cause it wasn't here. unless you confuse crickets for gun shots?? Thank you for a wonderful memory, hope to stay again.
Rick

Tony C
Lockport, Illinois, United States
“GUNFIRE ALL AROUND FROM NEIGHBORS-UNSAFE FOR RENTERS !!!”
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

WE ARRIVED, AND LEFT TWO HOURS LATER AFTER HEARING TWO FULL HOURS OF GUNSHOTS FROM "THE NEIGHBORS" !!!
We arrived, unpacked, and took a stroll around the property outside. Thats when heard the CONSTANT GUNFIRE. My wife was alarmed by this and It made her feel scared and very uncomfortable. We attempted to call The owner "Jodee" from the house phone. (Because there was absolutely no cell phone service on the property). She never picked up, so I left a voicemail to "please call me back". I also sent her an email (with no reply).

We attempted to watch a little TV, but couldn't get either TV in the house to work.
We patiently waited for her to call/email back for about another 30-45 min, and went outside to smoke a cigarette, and we continued to hear a SOLID STREAM OF GUNFIRE !!!.

With the CONSTANT SOUNDS OF GUNSHOTS RIGHT OUTSIDE, no television, and no contact back from Jodee, I decided my own safety, for my wife's safety, we decided to leave the premises and not return. I told my wife to pack up her stuff. And let's get the h*** out of here.

We loaded up the truck and left. This was supposed to be our wedding anniversary celebration. We were looking so forward to this!

About 15 minutes later after making it down the mountain, and after I booked (and paid $1,500 for another room), is when the owner (Jodee) finally called me back. I told her very nicely, what had just transpired. Her reply to me, was "OH THAT'S JUST MY NEIGHBORS".
I asked her for a refund...She refused and said "you're just afraid to stay in the woods"

My wife and I are both are firearm owners, supporters of the 2nd Ammendment, and are members of the NRA. I told her WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF GUNS, OR THE WOODS !!!
We are afraid of "HER NEIGHBOR'S" GUNFIRE SURROUNDING US, with no visible sign of where they're coming from.

I told her we tried calling her, she didn't return our calls, and I even emailed her with no response. I told her, that we were already gone and we would not be returning and again, we wanted a refund.

I filed a complaint with VRBO/HOME AWAY, and I want my money back. THIS PLACE IS UNSAFE FOR RENTERS.

There was a huge propane tank right next to the house, and meanwhile "THE NEIGHBORS", ARE SHOOTING LIKE IT'S THE OK CORRAL !!! Bad enough we could have been hit, all that tank needs is one stray bullitt, and the whole place blows up.

And by the way, this all occured between 4 and 6 pm, on Sunday Oct 1, 2017 (EXACTLY 4 HOURS BEFORE THE MASS SHOOTING IN LAS VEGAS!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Key D
“Graciously appointed relaxing retreat”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Our experience at Story Book Cottage was so wonderful that two days into our stay we booked another trip back to this property in August 2017. Not only was the cottage beautiful but the property was wonderful with the outdoor fire pits, yes not one but two, the hot tub under its own gazebo, the hammock and the variety of benches and seating areas all over the property. We look forward to using the grill next summer. When in the cottage we used the beautiful fireplace while enjoying a movie or eating dinner at the large island in the open kitchen. Well appointed and immaculately clean with all of the luxuries of a beautiful spa-like bathroom, a kitchen with high-end appliances, granite counters, and beautiful cabinets, living area with comfortable seating and entertainment equipment, bedrooms fit for a king and queen, this cottage is a must for anyone who is seeking a quiet, yet beautiful surrounding to get away from everyday stresses. You'll leave refreshed and ready to tackle daily life again. Beyond this amazing property is the graciousness of hostess Jodee. She ensures your visit and stay at the Cottage are both memorable and relaxing. We were guided to some of the most amazing places to visit, explore, shop and eat. Celebrating our 27th Wedding Anniversary, we couldn't have had a more wonderful place or trip to commemorate our milestone. Thank you for making our visit one we'll always remember and eagerly share with our friends and family. See you next August!

RJZZ
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Hidden gem, beautiful relaxing getaway!”
Reviewed 8 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Quaint, relaxing, absolutely stunning. Floor to ceiling windows in the living room area to capture all of nature's beauty! Listening to the mountainside streams were relaxing and this little piece of heaven offered the true feeling of seclusion and solitude while you are experiencing life in the mountains. There are two fire pits to choose from. The owner even provided the goodies To make s'mores which was awesome! Jodee sends you an email of all the cool things to do in the surrounding locations so we were never bored! Although like other reviews we could have remained at the cottage all day too! Look forward to trying to make this an annual trip!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing