Open today: 7:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Great value!

Used a social living voucher for two courses and a glass of wine...meal sizes were very generous... read more

Reviewed 29 May 2017
Stacey L
Perth, Australia
Happy Place

Great venue for a coffee, Lunch and dinner great atmosphere and friendly staff. Recommended. Pure... read more

Reviewed 20 December 2016
Gary010859
Perth Western Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Went here after receiving groupon voucher $100 value for $49 although the website offers seafood platter for $49 anyway!!!! on the platter is 1 piece smoked salmon 4 tiny scallops i piece battered fish chopped in 4 bits 2 oysters 4 bits bread 6 prawns and battered squid about 4-6 bits plus a few sml bowls dipping sauce and a side salad but all we could taste after was the fat it was cooked in it was really unpleasant and the wine was horrible to.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

The red flags popped up throughout our experience. It started with our booking when we were asked if we were using vouchers. We thought this was strange but continued.
On walking up to the bar, the 1st thing you see is a large dirty sign. Not the best 1st impression.
On entering we approached the desk. The man behind the counter ignored my wife as if she didn't exist and immediately went to serve a couple who he knew who arrived behind us. The couple redirected the man back to us and he then gruffly said "go round there".
So much for the 1st sentence on their website.." Situated on Hay Street in Subiaco, Pure Bar embodies great service, fabulous cocktails, sophistication and style."
The waitress who looked liked she just finished an argument with the grumpy man at the front, asked us whether we had vouchers. We asked her what vouchers she was talking about. She mumbled back groupon. It gave us the impression that if vouchers were used, they would give you a different meal.
After a minute with the menus, she wanted to take our orders and said "you ready". When we asked if we could have a minute, she slammed shut her book and walked off with an attitiude.
From that point, we left. So their website should say no service, sophistication or style.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

A simple friendly bar and café perfect for a lunch catch up. Food is always enjoyable and they have a small but decent wine list. Do a good breakfast too. parking not too difficult and usually free. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

Purchased a Groupon voucher for the lunch seafood platter with bottle of wine.

Platter was presented well and was satisfying for a shared meal. The wine we were given was the 'house wine'; as that's apparently all that was going with the voucher.
It tasted fine, hit hard and fast considering we only had two glasses each.. however this wine left me with a chronic preservative style headache, neck, shoulder and jaw ache and had to try and sleep it off for 15 hours as soon as I got home. Never have I reacted so badly to two drinks (or any amount of drinks mind you)......
Thankfully I didn't have work the next day. I believe the wine was called something like "Australia's Secret", made in Western Australia. Pure bar- please don't serve this to anyone again.

The other issues with this place (sorry to say as it was actually really a beautiful location and nice seating); was that we could not find online the lunch dining hours (of which the voucher was valid for) or get through on the phone or email the first time around, so we ended up turning up just to be turned away because by the time we had traveled from regional W.A on public transport, the kitchen had closed that day. So that was very disappointing.

However on our return, the waitress on the day of the meal was very accommodating and friendly the whole time and checked on how our meal was going half way through; offering us water and dessert before leaving.

My fellow diner commented to me on the water being warm tap water and I suggested using some ice from the wine bucket so as to not cause a fuss.
I couldn't help but wonder if said waitress knew about the wine being so terrible and so in her own way was trying to help us water it down as she offered water more than once.

Over all I wish I could give this place a higher review as it was nice there, but after 15 hours of pain from the vouchers wine (which I've never had before in my life!) and the lack of communication in general to begin with, I have to honestly give my opinion regarding this; as although at the time we enjoyed the experience, the wine certainly nulled it. I can't help but feel that if you made a voucher where you give your wine away, you must know what wine you are dealing with. If not, why not?

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We went here to try it on a Groupon voucher.Service was quite fast considering they were busy for lunch with the local crowd. Seafood platter for 2 and a bottle of wine
The platter was excellent, nice fresh seafood of all variety and lots of it, plus salad and bread and dips, also the bottle of wine was very nice. Nice atmosphere and easy to get to. Staff were very friendly and efficient. No complaints what so ever and will happily return