“Enjoyed the magic of the Green Table!”

Ilario Vinciguerra Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 217 Restaurants in Gallarate
Price range: US$85 - US$136
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New challenge for the young Neapolitan chef who moves from Galliate Lombardo Gallarate, cultural capital of the province of Varese.Gallarate, March 15, 2011 - Ilario Vinciguerra, opened his new restaurant in the heart of Gallarate, built in a charming Art Nouveau villa from the 900 surrounded by a beautiful park.Once through the gate, you leave the city behind and immerse yourself in an atmosphere of chic decor. At the entrance, the wonderful collection of brandies Romano Levi, "the grappa angelicofa proudly displayed and leads to the cellar in sight.On the ground floor seats 35 arranged in several rooms create the ideal environment to relax and enjoy the rich cuisine of chef patron suggestions, enhanced by the impeccable hospitality in the hall of his wife Marika. Upstairs large spaces reserved for events, with a capacity of 80 seats. The challenge of Ilario is to combine research and development with tradition, in the garden, next to the beautiful gazebo, an outdoor laboratory where they will be built rediscovered some old techniques (bread baked in a wood and coal firing) Hilary has a multifaceted personality, he was trained in Italy at the school of Don Alfonso Iaccarino, then in France and abroad in prestigious restaurants. Ten years ago has finally landed in the local Galliate, laboratory of ideas and culinary creations, where, between research and innovation, creativity and rigor Mediterranean, has come up with a kitchen that has brought into habits of tasty gourmet Lombard.<< For us it is an important moment - says Hilary - a step-awaited time, the possibility of a large space in which my wife Marika, my staff and I can speak the best and to continue our challenge: the dialogue between the Mediterranean cuisine and eating habits Lombard rigorous and well-established.
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This was our 4th visit to this amazing restaurant, and as it was just the two of us, we decided to try the chef's table in the kitchen.

While not as elegant an experience as sitting in the villa, watching the well-oiled machine of Chef Ilario's kitchen was an unforgettable treat. All the kitchen staff are consummate professionals, and under chef's watchful eye they perform a culinary ballet that is a joy to watch.

The amount of food we sampled was staggering, and a bargain considering what we were served.

I don't recommend the chef's table for a first experience here, but once you have enjoyed the grandeur of the dining room, return to take a "peek behind the curtain."

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Thank you for this experience. My boyfriend had shrimps with gin tonic like appetizer, I had raw sea bream, for main course we eat spaghetti with scallops, shrimps and muscles. It was prepared beside our table by chief. Fantastic! Like dessert we had ice-cream and before they brought for us present by kitchen mini creme brulee and panna cotta. I would like to come again as soon is possible. Also service was very high professional and kind. I felt like at home.

Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Refreshingly different menu for Italy. Quiet location, exceptional service. 'Risolio' was an interesting alternative to traditional risotto, 'raw fish' was very good - the chef's skills shine in his sauces.

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

I went there for my birthday with great expectations but I left very disappointed.
The food was good, nothing special, but the service was very very poor for a restaurant with a Michelin Star.
Considering what I paid for our dinner I don't think I am going back!!!!!!

11  Thank Sergio F
Reviewed 12 September 2015

As this was my first time here my review of the food is OK and not super. I need more for that but to start with the scenery; it's a nice place with a lot of separate rooms. Because the weather was nice we sat outside for lunch. Strange enough we were the only persons in the place. We were greeted and the staff was very friendly. There was enough staff and we did get a lot of attention. The wine was a local white wine which was good, nice dry with a hint of fruit that went well with the pasta and fish we had. I'm not sure why but they took the bottle with them again after serving the first glasses, only when we asked we did get another glass. With some bread and a good pancetta I nice way to start. For starters linguini which was perfect al dente. The main dish was a sea bas which was also cooked very well. Good seasoning but small portions so those who like to tuck in be warned. The overal food rating is good.
For a first time not bad and hopefully I get a chance to have dinner here one day.