“ideal stop for a lunch or dinner prior to catch a flight from malpenss”

L'Osteria dei Mercanti
Ranked #10 of 208 Restaurants in Gallarate
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Good food, excellent wine list, attention to the customers, reasonable prices.
Located less than 2 kms out of the freeway to Malpensa airport is the ideal choice for a lunch or dinner on the way to the airport when taking friends or customers/visitors to catch their afternoon or evening flight.from Malpens
Dribvng time to Malpensa T" is approx 10 minutes, Terminal 1 15 minutes

Reviewed 5 February 2018

This restaurant is 10 minutes from Malpensa which makes it an excellent choice for lunch or dinner if you are traveling to or from the airport. The staff is wonderfully attentive and food is delightful. Everything is made in-house and the menu offers the regional staples and the chef supplements the offerings with seasonally inspired specials. I had the good fortune to try a desert which can only be described as outstanding, grappa infused mousse. It was remarkably light and yet delivered a true grappa flavor with no alcohol edge. Even folks who think grappa is like paint thinner will find this desert an amazing option.
The prices are appropriate and the wine list is good. I travel to Italy several times a year and without a doubt when my air travel takes me through Maplensa I will go back.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

On the menu they have typical dishes from Lombardy; we went for Pizzoccheri and they were awesome! The typical “elephant ear” (thin wide slice of pork meat breaded and fried) was delicious and crunchy! Staff is friendly and professional, they also have several desserts on the menu (creme brûlée looked great but we were too full to give it a go;) Different types of wines and beers are also available and the menu has an English version too! Thumbs up for this lovely restaurant!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I booked a table for dinner.. Arrived on time.. Waited 10 min to be seated.. And then waited ofer 40 min to be served. No one spoke english and the one who was speaking english said that he comes soon.
After 45 min we just got up and left.
And found a nice great meat resturant which is one of tge best we had.
Parrillia milongon.. Very close and great food.

2  Thank Yossi G
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful Italian food, and seriously, on a personal level, I was very happy not to have pizza take up half the menu! I visited again a couple of weeks later as I was craving their parmigiana di melanzane (aubergine), and was, again, not disappointed. The second visit I had a small cheese platter entree, which had some amazing tasters, including a delicious local one - please ask them, as I could not for the life of me get my lips around the very long name! Great looking wine menu, although I chose beer, of which there were also some non generic choices. Staff are very pleasant and very informative about the menu. Best of all, they don't loiter, but are there when need them. I will be back, bringing my fellow business travellers.

1  Thank DebziH