All reviews wet room recommend this hotel lovely hotel sunday lunch jacuzzi bath sirloin steak few months family event friendly lady rooms were spotless fresh vegetables stayed here last week the portion size sourdough bread ample parking feel welcome enjoyable stay
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

After arriving to a lovely welcome I was given a room in a separate annex.
As a lone women traveller I would suggest you ask to be in the main hotel as

A) the main entrance annex door is never closed even at night, which means any passer by can effectively walk in from the street

B)guests can see through the bathroom window into you, as I was told by a random guest that choose to knock on my door late at night and inform he could see me through the glass... an extremely scary experience for me. Staff did offer to move me but the guest was still in the corridor and I was too intimidated to walk past him . I didn’t sleep all night and didn’t dare go for breakfast. When this was relayed on check out , no apology or explanation was given

Such a shame this was handled badly because the food was excellent and the hotel is nice and clean
More attention & care needed when dealing with lone women travellers

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Hibberd F
Chalford H, Owner at Chalford House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

I am so sorry for your experience however every effort was made by the staff to make you feel comfortable , safe and welcome and you were offered alternative rooms to which you declined.We give all of our guests the highest standards of customer service, however if our offers are declined we are at a loss as to how to resolve your issues. All of the staff that night were female and empathetic to your concerns and every effort was made by them to reassure you and offer alternative arrangements. I do hope you resolve your card payment issues so that we may be paid for your stay. Wishing you all the best .

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Lovely sized room and huge bath. On a main road so noisy and room was prone to vibrating when large lorries went past. There are quiet garden rooms so if you aren't used to traffic ask for one of those. Staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Had dropped my son off for his Army Officer Selection Board and found myself with a lot of time on my hands. Staff didn't mind me hanging around and so I lurked in the corner reading and drinking delicious coffee. Very welcoming and comfortable, I will be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Chalford H, Owner at Chalford House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review and it was a pleasure to have you stay and we look forward to seeing you and your son again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Needed a place to stay for a family event at the weekend, what an amazing find. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, the food was exceptional and the staff were very helpful and accommodating.

All in all it was great value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, see you all soon.
A+++

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chalford H, Owner at Chalford House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you both again very soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Went here for a quiet drink with friends and family , would not go there again as dogs messing about in bar , and to top it all one dog had a poo on the floor in dining room thankfully we were not eating but the stench was over enough to make you ranch, when the people were told what had happened they just said it’s a puppy in training, the lady cleaned up the dog poo but then spray the floor as so not to upset the ladies who had left the room as they were gagging from the smell, no word of sorry about this etc Very poor that dogs are allowed in dining room were there is food being served, may be heath and hygiene should be looking into this

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank whajsherman

Dear whajsherman, I am so sorry that this unfortunate event happened. We are a dog friendly establishment and are happy for dogs in the bar area where you were sat. Dogs however are not allowed in the restaurant or conservatory areas which may be more suited to you. The incident was well after food service had finished and I can only apologise for the puppy's misdemeanour which caused you distress.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights while attending an event in the area. The facility was very nice and quaint. We were fortunate to get a wonderful ground floor room in one of the Lodges adjacent. The room lacked AC but had a nice fan. The only drawback was the lack of electrical outlets near the bed. The Breakfast and breakfast area was excellent. A tremendous assortment from cooked to order and the beautiful continental offering all with fresh beautiful and tasty food. The pub and other dining areas were wonderful as well. We only dined one evening and the food was exceptional. Way more than most can eat and absolutely delicious. The finest asset was the exceptional staff. So friendly and helpful and they went out of there way to know your names and to help in any way possible. Truly a great and fun experience staying here. And a great value.

Date of stay: July 2018