1,006 results
All reviews gare du midi clean hotel minutes walking the main square other hand yogurt bacon quarter dryer tram
Reviewed 20 September 2014 via mobile

My friend booked this hotel while we were quickly looking for a place to stay in Brussels. I was excited because they advertised as being centrally located and the pictures on another site looked nice.

Unfortunately, the hotel is not central by my definition. While it is a 10 minute walk to Brussels Midi rail station it is not close to Brussels central station. This was a huge hassle. In addition, we were traveling just the two of us and as two young women I did not feel safe in the hotel's neighborhood especially at night even with fairly conservative clothing on.

Positives-
-no bed bugs
-they came and helped us lock our broken window
-it was cheap off Expedia
-they had a safe in the room

Negatives-
-we had a broken window
-location
-neighborhood
-'70s decor
-no air conditioning
-no included breakfast to our knowledge
-no free wifi (big bummer for backpackers looking to contact home)

I would not tell my friend to stay here. So I do not recommend you do.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

First of all arrived at reception and did not know if the receptionist wanted us there or not.
Asked the receptionist if she had an adapter and she didn't even let me finish what I was going to say and she said "no". Just after a few seconds a man asked for an adapter and she gave him one. Very strange. Didn't give much about it just went outside and asked at the local shop if they had a cash machine soon the closest one was like 20 min away walk.Went to get the money and didn't know when would I get mugged. Very bad looking neighbourhood.The only good thing about this place was the breakfast. A big variety of bread and juices.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank Barbara8604
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Firstly the location was quite terrible. The neighborhood does not seem to be safe at all. We had quite an outdated room, not so clean either. The safe wasn't working so they gave us a different room. The second room was better. Cleaner and a bit more modern. However, a school trip of really noisy teenagers was occupying the whole floor and kept us awake every night. I had to go out of the room in my pyjamas on several occasions to try to keep them quiet. It did not help of course. We complained at the reception and after that things got a bit more under control.... The staff was ok. At least some of them, some were quite rude though. I guess it was quite unfortunate with the school trip, however I think they should have put other guests away from them. Breakfast was nice, especially the coffee. I wouldn't book room here again.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jarka P
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Street parking very unsafe neighborhood. I saw a car with its window smashed in front of the hotel. Bathroom and room dated from 1600, very bad condition. Thin walls and old carpet. Homeless people and pee smell everywhere on the street. Walking distance to the Grand Place and Royal Palace but I didn't feel safe at all.
Breakfast saved our stay with a nice cup of cappuccino and a delicious bread with raisins. I would never recommend this hotel for anyone. It was a last minute booking to see the Flower Carpet and Atomium and the pictures and comments fooled me.

Date of stay: August 2014