All reviews head waiter lake view dining room swimming pool recommend this hotel great position hotel compound hotel pool base for visiting charming hotel third floor stayed here for a week relaxing atmosphere half board west side lovely pool four star hotel
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I recently had the opportunity to stay here for four days while on business, and I came away with good memories and no doubt that I could recommend this hotel for anyone staying at a hotel in Toscolano Maderno.

First off, let me just say the location of the hotel is absolutely perfect regardless if you want to go out sightseeing, go to the beach or just stay at the hotel compound and enjoy the pool! It cannot be overstated how great it is situated.

The hotel itself looks the part as it is a gorgeous 1920's Italian villa that has been made in to a hotel and been so for the last forty-fifty years I believe. The reception area is rather small, and not always manned, which has to be one of the few "negatives" in my review. But, if you get a room with a view across the lake and especially the terrace, you can enjoy yourself by overlooking the lake front and the beautiful road going from Gardone Riviera to Toscolano Maderno. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was even if it was "right in the city center".

Check in went rather smoothly, and the room itself was in good condition. Great water pressure (not exactly a given in an Italian hotel room) in the shower is a definite plus, and for being an "old" hotel, I found the room to be clean, well taken care of and certainly being able to call itself a four star hotel. The refridgerator was another matter as it didn't work in my room, but I was too busy to care while I stayed there.

Beautiful hotel garden with lovely pool and good amount of sunchairs. An extra touch was the possibility of being served while laying by the pool which I thought was a decent touch to this classy place. The parking amenities were good as you park in the back of the garden while driving in a gate that is only opened by the hotel key cards.

All in all, a very good hotel experience, and I would not hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone looking to enjoy relaxing days in the middle of Lake Garda in one of its most idyllic locations (the peninsula with its long beach/walkway is one of the best around the lake).

TOP TIP: Nearby you will find several gems as far as food goes. Use TripAdvisor, you can't really miss them and they are practically right at your doorstep!

Until next time, Hotel Milano! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Go for lake view. It's most certainly worth it as you are practically "on the lake".
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this authentic hotel. Very friendly people, a good breakfast, nice room and a cool vibe. Nicely situated at the harbor, easy to take the carferry to Torri. A good place to rent a boat nearby...
We would certainly like to come back

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Booked into the hotel on the 16th May having driven from near St Moritz. No one at the front desk when we arrived so had to go looking for them. Finally found the guy who ran the place. There was no welcome to the hotel just asked our names and requested our passports. Didn’t expect him to be our best friend but a smile would not have gone astray.
The rooms are very small but that’s ok as you don’t spend too much time there any way BUT as one other reviewer pointed out they have the hardest beads and pillows that I have ever experienced anywhere in the world and I have travelled a lot. Got up every morning with a back ache. The pool and gardens are lovely,breakfast fine and service staff friendly but that’s where it stops. Oh and if you require anything such as an iron you can go get it yourself . Such a shame as it is in a lovely spot and with better front desk staff and a bit of a make over it could be so much better.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mimmie26
Reviewed 18 May 2018

The hotel itself is half a 1926 building and a more modern addition from the 1960s which adds perfectly. I had a room in the modern annex, the room was clean and comfortable, with a small balcony and a beautiful lakeview. wifi worked only moderate, the breakfast was superb. The entire Hotel staff was very friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: lakeview room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2018

on 3/22/18 I reserved a room and on 5/2/18 received an e-mail that they cancelled my reservation for 6/4/18. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT (only 4 weeks from my stay there) so I called the hotel & was told that because no one cancelled yet then they cancelled us because they overbooked AND THAT THEY OVERBOOK ON PURPOSE in case people cancel (so they have a back up). Oh, wonderful.... meanwhile I made that reservation in advance and really wanted to stay there. That has NEVER happened to us before anywhere else and is TERRIBLE. We have a big trip planned from Siena to Cinque Terre to Milan to Lake Como to Lake Garda & Florence (& are driving from destination to destination so it is very important that we have our hotel reservations as planned). I was really disappointed and that is a very poor way to do business. If they don't want people to cancel then they should require advance payment as a non cancellable room and not give false hopes to others who think that they have a room, but are on stand by (in case some one cancels). OR we should be told that we don't really have a room reserved for us for sure instead of being provided with a reservation confirmation. We had only one night reserved and maybe they got a better request for a 4 night stay.... That is very bad and they should be ashamed of themselves for running their business this way. The travel date of May 2018 I selected on this review is wrong, but I could not yet select June 2018 since we are still in the month of May.

Room Tip: I would not know since THEY cancelled me against my wishes with a confirmed reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple