“Italy Tour”

Price range: US$35 - US$53
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In a delightful corner square overlooking the gulf of maderno, cared offers seasonal dishes and a kitchen based mainly on the products of the land, first of all the fish lake. Good selection of wines. Summer veranda.
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant, food was the best I've had in Italy this trip. We shared three courses and even had large portions. The bill was not expensive I would highly recommend this restaurant it was definitely fine dining at an affordable price.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Located in the centre of Maderno, this family run restaurant serves excellent local dishes, all the pasta is home-made

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

This is an absolutely lovely restaurant.
We were referred to it by our hostess at the B&B.

It's a bit towards the upper mid range pricing however it is totally worth it.
Everything here seems to be cooked to perfection without overdoing it and at perfect display.

For starters we wanted to share some kind of potatoes dish which ended out resembling extremely delicate gnocchi in a cheese sauce whuch was superb.
They also divided it for us into two plates which I thought was a very nice gesture.

Since we weren't that hungry we only ordered two main courses and a salad as a side.
The salad was huge and fresh which was a nice touch as well.
We ordered the Lavark from the lake which was baked with local olives, tomatoes and capers it was done just right! The fish was savory and the olive touch was delicious.
We also took the goose in pear and chestnuts which was out of this world.

Service was wonderful too. The waitress was very professional and friendly.
We truly enjoyed a very nice and relaxing dinner here.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Ate hear on the last night of our holiday towards end of season. Service was slightly slow but I probably base this on the fact that in the UK we are more used to a roll them in roll them out as quick as you can attitude. What it did allow for was the ability to actually eat the excellent food served to us at our leisure without feeling that we are being rushed. Each dish was freshly prepared and very tasty. It is clear that the Chef takes a pride in the food produced. I concur that there is a leaning towards fish based dishes but this did not bother myself of my wife as we are lovers of fish. As such 3 of the 4 mains and starters we had were fish based and each could have been eaten many times over. my wife had Steak for mains which was also cooked to perfection..

We did not have any desserts as we were full, However having seen what others were having I can only presume that these were to the same level of perfection as the food we enjoyed.

I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a relaxed and intimate evening either as a couple or as a small group.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We ate here on a Tuesday evening towards the end of the season so the restaurant was not particularly busy. We all chose different starters and mains and each was seasoned and cooked to perfection. We have eaten here on a number of occasions over the past few years and never been disappointed.
Our only criticism is that the service is a little slow with quite a long gap between courses - but good food is worth waiting for!