“Great views - but what's an RSL?”
Review of North Bondi RSL

North Bondi RSL
Ranked #2 of 23 Quick Bites in Bondi
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Dining Available To Members And Visitors
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Was here on a Saturday morning and managed to snag a table on the balcony overlooking the beach. Ordered the BLAT sandwich (good!) and a cold beer (great!).

When asking the lady at the entrance what an "RSL" was I was told "look at the paraphernalia on the wall - I am sure you have something like this in your country" ?!?

So now I still don't know what an RSL is or why there's on directly on Bondi beach. Can I Google it? Sure. But it would have been nice to get a couple of explanatory sentences on site.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Whenever we come to the RSL when visiting Sydney we enjoy our time there today was a totally different experience. Our food was second rate to say the least and the place was not up to it's usual standards in terms of cleanliness. Tables were gives the slightest wipe...if at all when being cleared of plates & glasses and both the male & female toilets had overflowing paper receptacles. To be honest we found it very confronting. Never have we experienced the RSL to be in this shape. Yes it was extremely busy but it always is on a Sunday. Something has changed in standards that were once very high. I don't ever do a review but such was our disappointment with our couple of hours there I felt something needed to be said. Staff were friendly enough but wow, it wasn't in any way up to standard.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

This is a very nice restaurant for lunch with a wonderful view of the beach. The food was very good, and the staff was helpful and friendly. I especially enjoyed my chicken schnitzel which came with a nice salad and some fries.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Had dinner there on Tuesday night with friends and all our kids. Which is great as it's kid friendly as know really notices if they make a noise as it's a relaxed R.S.L. with a great view.
A little tip become a member for $25.00 and you will save I your meal / meals which arnt bad especially with club discount.
And with the daily members meal for $13.00 on Tuesday it was pizza or schnitzel. Kids meals get a free drink and ice cream a nice touch.
I had the double beef burger which was a nice size portion.
It's a great place to chill with ample food choice and drink.
Enjoy

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Now if only all RSL’s were like this !!! Delightful service, good meals and the view ...... OMG the view.

Sure there was a TAB ( artfully hidden ) and a huge screen to watch sport if you want ..... but a balcony that sits on the top of Bondi beach.

The feel is relaxed and the meals what you would expect..... parmy, fish and chips , salt and pepper squid etc. But you don’t go here for the cuisine. A lovely place for a meal , a beer and to catch up with friends.