1,295 results
All reviews air conditioning private beach animation team option girl dei fitness stars disco region activities resort
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this great place went travelling in Italy, it was the off season so no pool etc and the price was great. Room exceptional and staff to match from the front counter to the cafe bar and the barista made great coffee, the restaurant was not up and running but meet the chef very friendly and happy to help. The area is great with Rocca Imperiale just down the road with great restaurants and bars. Had a great 4 days there. Would love to go back

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We would highly recommend this stunning picturesque resort. It is the perfect place to enjoy the Italian sun of southern of Italy. The Resort is beautiful and well cared for. The staff are attentive and extremely friendly. The food (based on a zero km philosophy) was exceptional. There is lots of activities for the kids. Even though my kids speak every little Italian, they felt so included by the mini club staff (Virginia and Carmen who were fabulous). They loved being involved in a full range of different activities throughout the day. There was also mini disco and shows at night to entertain us all (particularly the physical based comedy shows). We witnessed the Big Up team enduring everyone was entertained and included. We were particularly impressed when we seen one of the Big Up team staff (Fabiola) make sure a teenage girl (who was looking a little lost with her parents) was introduced and brought to join a group of teenage girls at dinner. It was really kind.

Myself and my youngest daughter are both gluten free and we were astounded by the quality and variety of food options we could eat at the buffet. Marcella, looked after us so well at meal times. Our girls really looked forward to seeing her. Her professional but warm and caring nature really added to the whole experience.

Only negatives, the air conditioning could have been a bit more powerful, as it was very hot when we were there (42 and we are used to the Scottish climate). We had a brilliant room with an amazing location but it was a bit noisy with the disco at night (we were just jealous we could not be out enjoying it as we had sleeping kids).

I would highly recommend this as it is incredible value for money in a great venue with fabulous staff, fun entertainment and incredible food and wine (their own homemade wine is amazing).

We are a family of four (with two kids 7 & 4) from Scotland

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We spent one week in this hotel and it is very hard to write a review because there were some aspects which were great and some which were average or even under average. Wish I could give 3,5 stars, because neither 4 nor 3 are fair. So first the good points:
Location: the hotel is surrounded by vineyards and olive orchards, what makes it a very quite place, and there are no roads or other buildings disturbing you. Of course this means, you are far away from the village and the sea and you need a car to move around. To the sea you need good 10 min with a car, as well as to the nearest village or shop. There is a shuttle, but the service is limited to morning hours, then siesta and then afternoon, the latest is at 18.30, what I find a bit too early to close the shuttle service.
Animation team and some of the staff: the animation team was great and professional and they are trying to move the animation job into an artistic level. And this with a success, giving the time and complexity they need to deliver. As well here and there we met exceptionally nice staff.
Pool: gorgeous pool with great water for hot summer days, and if you stay there at noon, while all are eating, you end up there alone 

And now negative points:
Breakfast: probably the biggest disappointment of this hotel. Although the hotel advertised itself as fine hotel with local resources, in reality it is a mass hotel as any other, only having a luck to be built in the vineyard. So the selection was very very limited and you don’t have too many choices to eat there. Croissants, some biscuits, 2 types of simple cake, cheap yogurt (made in Germany btw.) , normal industrial marmalade, honey, powder coffee (officially the worst coffee I ever drank) , scrambled eggs, one type of salami, one type of ham and one type of cheese – food is not being protected from flies or is not being kept warm. Being so far away you don’t have any other choice just to eat there. AS well the staff is not very efficient in preparing the tables and from some strange reasons they have to wear white t-shirts, so each of them has a flack on it. Not that it is the most important but it didn’t give the best professional look. The rest of the food I cant judge as thanks God, we had only B&B type of staying.
As well giving the distance from the town, there is not a possibility to buy a normal food outside lunch or dinner time. There is a pool bar, but that offers only ready made industrial sandwiches.
Rooms: average. As a first room we got a room on the ground floor overlooking the parking place, so our direct view was at a car parked directly in front of the balcony. So we asked to change the room to a superior. Well the room as such was not different. Only it had a big roof terrace. Our idea of the superior room was different. The equipment was basic. However, the room was comfortable, spacious and clean.
Terrace however wasnt clean once during our 1 week of stay.

So to summarize: when you read a hotel flyer, it seems as a nice eco hotel with individual attitude to guests, using local resources and maybe this increased our expectations, however the reality is, that it is an average hotel with average services set in a great nature and with a great pool. I think there is more potential, however the management company has made the hotel as anonymous mass hotel without individual touch.
Nevertheless, we had a great holidays there, because of a daily short trips to surrounded villages, in each village you find a historical sight, great local restaurant with superb food, some music band playing. The border of Basilicata and Calabria has a lot to offer and it is definitely worth to travel there. Probably we would go again to Eco Hotel, maybe shorter stay and definitely with our own car and only B&B.

Room Tip: Not the rooms overlooking Parking
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
EcoResortDeiSiriti, Direttore at Eco Resort dei Siriti, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Bratisalva Travel,
We thank you for your review with which we can only wish to improve our services.
We hope to have you as our guest again ... we suggest you to taste our lunch and dinner where you can taste the most the variety and the tastiness of our product, cultiveted in our gardens.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I came to the Eco Resort with a health and fitness group. The Resort is huge, so it never felt crowded. The pool is gorgeous, gigantic, and clean with a shallow area for kids and also a jacuzzi in the pool.

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. There was air conditioning, but you could not control the temperature, it was set by the Resort.

The hotel staff is wonderful, Domenico at the front desk and others were a great help as they spoke English and assisted me in every way they could plus answered my questions.

The restaurant was fabulous! All the food is served buffet style and fresh, and is locally grown around the Resort in their own fields. The wine is produced in their own cantina too. (Make sure you visit the cantina for a wine tour and tasting).

There is entertainment put on by the staff in their own amphitheater. I saw the "Hunchback of Notre Dame". There are children's programs as well.

If you like the beach, the staff will take you to and from their private beach to enjoy.
Also, lots of side trips to take, but I was very happy relaxing at the resort.

If you have any disabilities, the Resort would not be for you as there are slot of stairs and no elevators.

Thank you Eco Resort dei Siriti! Grazie!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
EcoResortDeiSiriti, Direttore at Eco Resort dei Siriti, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Ciao025,
thank you for your review.
We hope to be honored with your presence again.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

There is a long list of inconveniences, but let's begin with checking and checking out. Each represented a 40-minute process of Byzantine forms. I expect to show a passport, a credit card, and have my room key in under 5 minutes...but that's not how it works here. You pay cash deposit for a plastic card that you use at the bar, and it didn't matter that I was not going to use the bar...I still had to make the deposit and then get it back at checkout. There was also some form of "coupon" required to access the restaurant, and I had to produce this evidence every few minutes at the restaurant until I started to yell at them to leave me alone. We also had to be issued bracelets, but it might as well have been a tag in my ear like so much cattle the way the guest is treated.

Now back to checkout...the time is 10 AM when any other hotel/resort is something between 12-3PM. But frankly I was so ready to leave and never come back that vacating by 10 AM was no issue...except that the checkout process took that 40 minutes.

The prices seem very reasonable until you start adding in all the extras. Technically these charges do appear in the fine print, but I still felt it was "bait and switch" when our bill was significantly higher than expected.

Check-in took so long, but we wanted to hit the pool right away. We were surprised to find it empty and then learned that the pool was closed for the night...still with 2 hours of daylight. We then realized that we might miss dinner because everything is on their schedule, not the guest. Fortunately we made dinner...and breakfast in the morning! But only because we recognized that if we didn't follow the cattle call we would miss everything. After breakfast we thought to finally use the pool only to learn that swim caps were required. Guess what? Swim caps are for sale at the lobby gift shop. So I told my daughter to just get in up to her waist (no hair in the water) and the staff yelled at her to get out. I then argued vociferously with him...and in the end he gave my daughter a swim cap, but why the trouble???

In fairness, if you are a slave to routine and plan to spend a couple of weeks and purchase some sort of full package in which you don't get nailed with extras; then this Resort might be for you. But if you like to relax on your own terms and don't like fighting with staff every few minutes; then just grab a regular hotel and keep your sanity.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Erik S
EcoResortDeiSiriti, Direttore at Eco Resort dei Siriti, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Erik,
first of all thank you for your review, every single review is a gift for us... we can improve every day thanks to them.
Anyway I need to answer to some of your comments:
I will start following your list:
The deposit. What's wrong about the deposit? A lot of hotels ask it, and a traveller knows it.
It is given back... as far as the plastic card is concerned it is only a consequence...
Anyway often if somebody argues about the caution we abstain from taking it.
The '' coupon'' is a simple way to give the access to the dinner/lunch to the people who are not allowed to go there, since they have booked a bnb or an half-board stay... as well as the bracelet... it is a simple way to recognise our guests for the free access to our services like the beach ... it is for sure the simplest solution: it is just a bracelet!
Furthermore it shows what kind of stay you booked: Red - full board , yellow- half board and white bnb...

As far as the checking out: we have more the 200 rooms so we need our guests to leave the rooms at 10:00 so our maids can clean them and the websites on the internt are clear about it.

The checking in/out it is burocracy... we need to register all of you, there is nothing to say about it… anyway, it does not last more than 15 minutes!

The swim cup: For hygiene cups are cumpolsury ... and we don't give them to our guest, is there written anywhere ... why the trouble? Because the lifeguard was just doing his work and maybe tired of arguing he just gave you the cup in order to work quieter.