“Limited menu selection but well done ”

Siegi's Essen & Trinken
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We had 2 starters of artichoke salad and bruschetta that were nice.
I enjoyed 400 gr entrecôte and my wife enjoyed very much the octopus with green peas pire.
Fresh products and quality chunk of meat all done properly and creatively.with a lovely bottle of Pinot we have paid 110 Euro.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Siegi's is an amazing restaurant in Caldaro - it serves excellent south tyrolean food (and not only), accompanied by great wine and beer. The whole restaurant is run by father and son, which gives the restaurant, together with the location, a very cozy touch. Every time I return to Caldaro, I will go and have dinner there. An absolute must for food lovers!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Siegi's came to our attention just before we left home for Italy and we are happy we found it! I say Siegi's is funky because it is NOT your typical Italian restaurant even in the SudTirol.
Small, intimate and set in a charming historic building with lovely outdoor seating, the menu offers real innovation without losing it's Italian and Austrian roots. If still in season, don't miss the Pasta with Pfifferlingen ( a local wild mushroom). One of those memorable meals that stick in your memory.
Siegi is host and Alan is in the kitchen, which is for all practical purposes, just a space behind the bar. These two run the entire show but Siegi will still take time to sit and chat and find a way around the language barrier
.Both the meal ingredients and his impeccable wine selection are as local as can be. The "W" gewürztraminer is produced almost across the street. If you like to talk about Harley Davidsons, then you just made a friend in Siegi and maybe you'll be introduced to his bottomless grappa bottle after dinner.
Well done Siegi and Alan!

1  Thank chhiker
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is set in a beautiful place of South Tirol. The place is simply irresistable: they can turn your lunch or dinner into an incredible experience. Professionalism at its best! experience. he is able to present even the most simple and traditional speciality in such a creative way that even the most sophisticated taste will be delighted. Be sure that the next time i will spend any more time here .
♤♡♢♧☆

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stumbled upon Siegi's by chance while exploring the South Tirol wine region on a sunny autumn day. Siegi's is an extremely small restaurant, having four tables in the dining room and two tables in the bar area and five stools at the bar. The restaurant is cozily decorated for informal dining and it is more like being in someone's nice home rather than a restaurant. Tables have paper placemats, paper napkins, everyday utensils plus a great steak knife. Three types of regional artisan breads were served in a paper bag.

Siegi speaks limited English though he was helpful in explaining items on his menu. The menu is written in German on a chalkboard and there were two or three types of antipasto dishes to choose from, two soups, two pasta dishes and four or five entrees and one dessert. I started my meal with an assortment of five bruschetta's; each topped with a different topping and all very delicious. One was topped with strips of speck (cured smoked ham); another with marinated eggplant; another with sliced lard and an anchovy; another with fresh tomatoes and the last was topped with a Gorgonzola type cheese.

I then enjoyed a large bowl of linguini tossed with small cubes of tender beef in a scrumptious tomato sauce. The portion was generous in size and I used some of the bread to mop up the remaining sauce. Prices were reasonable with the above meal, plus a glass of wine, a small bottle of water and a cafe totaled 25 Euros.

I enjoyed my meal and the setting so much that I plugged Siegi's into my navigator as a saved favorite for the next time I'm the area. I highly recommend Siegi's to the TripAdvisor community.

1  Thank Mirto56