“Great location and all you need for your stay”
other travellers have booked this property
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Fabulous beach just across the road from Mangoes. A 2 minute walk will bring you here. Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Spend time at the pool - situated beach side it's also only 2 minutes walk away.
Entry is free.
Generous verandah - dine, relax, entertain - comfy seating for 11 people here.
Living room, sets of french doors lead to veranda and 'al fresco' dining room
Mangoes, formal dining room,  wrought iron arches allow a pleasant breeze
Smart kitchen, well equipped with appliances, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
Master bedroom - this bed is 2 mtrs wide (78 inches).
Master bedroom dressing table & wardrobes. There's a big safe inside the wardrobe.
Master bathroom. Now en-suite to the Master bedroom.
Queen/Twin - a large, comfy bed
Queen bedroom, dressing table, wardrobes and entrance to new en suite bathroom
En suite bathroom to the Queen/Twin bedroom.
Here we have the Queen/Twin room dressed for occupation by only one person
Triple bedroom, dressed as double plus single. Private bathroom.
The triple bedded room - for up to 3 persons. Dressed as three single beds.
The veranda overlooks our big, lush, tropical gardens.
Dining table + 6 chairs, suite seats 4, mamasan lounge chair.
Standard lamp + ceiling fans.
Gazebo and barbecue.
The back gate leads on to the green - just across the road is the sea - 2 mins!
At night the garden is magical. With pretty fairy lights and the joyous calls of the tree frogs.
Beautiful sunset, one of many, from Beach House
Beach House (the beach club) is a great place to have your 'sundowner' cocktail & absorb the beauty.
Chattel shops, delightful goods of high quality, 2 minutes walk from Mangoes
Beautiful 'Bottom Bay' - everybody's dream Caribbean beach - except this is the Atlantic coast!
North Point - wild Atlantic cliffs
Bathsheba, also the wild Atlantic. Surfing championships held here.
More of Bathsheba - see how the rocks are undercut by the sea.
North Point - exhilarating to say the least!
Find your way from North Point - helpful direction sign-post
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
D B
Smethwick
“Great location and all you need for your stay”
Reviewed 5 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Stayed here recently with friends. Excellent set up and instructions about all you could possible need from the owners, from shopping areas, bank information, places to see and local hotspots.

House was well provisioned for all of us with plenty of space. Really easy access to beaches and swimming pool club on sea front plus numerous restaurants up and down the high St. Location gave easy access to main highway leading back to town and St Lawrence gap for those of us who wanted to go into town for the nightlife.

Very pleased with stay, which was a relatively comfortable experience with cleaner coming in twice a week to clean and make up beds.

If I had a gripe it would be given the number in our party, we could have done with air conditioning in the living / lounge area which is where we tended to socialise and could get quite hot at times, but this is by no means a deal breaker.

My congrats to the owners who have a great property which is very well maintained.

DB

Travelling group: Friends
7 May 2016
Hi DB,
Thanks for this very complimentary and accurate review. Glad to hear you enjoyed Mangoes.
I think I am correct in saying that few Bajan properties have air con except for in bedrooms as the emphasis here is on outdoor living. Of course guests use the living room as the TV is there but I would expect most will do as we do; leave the French doors open to get the breeze flowing through, put the ceiling fans on, inside and out, and meander between the living room and the generous veranda where there are seats for up to 11 people.
Thanks again, let me know if you want to repeat the experience ..... you'll be very welcome.
Cheerio Cath.
adrkmr
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Lovely villa in an excellent location”
Reviewed 21 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

This spacious villa has everything that you need for a relaxing holiday in Barbados. The main attraction for us was the location, which is right across the street from the Beachhouse shared pool and the sea beyond it. 2 minutes stroll to the supermarket and also to all the restaurants and bars in Holetown. When we arrived I wasn't certain if it was going to look like the pictures, but be assured that the photos don't actually do it justice. The 3 bedrooms are all spacious, 2 with super king size beds and one with 3 singles. All have aircon, double glazing and fly screens to the windows. 2 shower rooms are great with lots of places to hang and store your toiletries. Large verandah at the front has comfy chairs and low table at one end and dining table to seat 6 at the other, with 2 sunlounger on the grass outside. Perfect place to watch the sunrise and sunbathe and relax early in the mornings. Large lounge has TV with English, Bajan and US channels, and there is a lovely dining room off there with open sides, protected by fly screen and wrought iron railings. The kitchen has every item you could possibly need, and quite a few extra things too. There were 4 adults in our party but there was enough crockery and cutlery for at least a family of 12. The laundry room is brilliant if you need to wash out your beach towels (although Lucille the housekeeper is more than glad to do that for you. She comes in twice a week). In the back garden is a pergola which is great for eating lunch in the cool shade, and also a built in barbeque which was great. And the wifi worked great which meant that we could contact family and friends during our stay. All in all it exceeded our expectations in every way and we can't wait to come back. Cath - you have created an absolute gem. Many thanks

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location & the space.
Liked least: Padlock on the back gate was very fiddly in the dark.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
24 Mar 2016
Wow! What a wonderful review! So detailed for guest use and so complimentary for hubby and I. Reading this makes every past effort worthwhile!
Thanks again for sharing your enjoyment with us, I get areal buzz from your enthusiasm as it's just how I feel about Mangoes myself.
I hope you'll be able to repeat at some time in the future - we'd be very happy to welcome you back again and again.!

ontheroad...
Detroit, Michigan
“Mangoes was exactly as advertised”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We had a wonderful stay at Mangoes. We were greeted at the home by the housekeeper, Lucille. She gave us a quick tour of the home and gave us the keys. Once we unpacked our bags, we headed to the grocery store, which is a few minutes walk away. The kitchen was well equipped with everything you need to cook. Plus there's a bbq, which we didn't use, because I don't believe in cooking dinner while on vacation. FYI about the fridge, the higher shelves seem to keep things colder than the lower ones.

As previous reviewers have stated, Mangoes is literally minutes away (walking) from just about everything. Stores, beach, pool, restaurants, bars, medical center (which unfortunately I had to visit), a fruit stand, etc. Which is a good thing, since parking in Barbados seems to be a big problem.

There were six of us and we have mixed reviews about the comfort of the beds. Everyone is different, so what's comfy for one, won't be for someone else. I, for one, felt the bed in the master bedroom was very comfortable. The bedrooms had plenty of room to put your things.

The home has plenty of bath and hand towels and they have some beach towels, but you may want to bring a few of your own beach towels. FYI for future American renters, make sure you bring your own washcloths and soap. I remembered, but others in the group did not (and I forgot to remind them).

One of the rooms did have an issue with the air conditioner, while we were there, but it was addressed and taken care of.

Overall, Mangoes is a lovely home, in a perfect location. Communication with Cath was never a problem. Any questions asked, were answered in a timely fashion. Should I find myself in Barbados again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Mangoes again.

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
13 Feb 2016
Hi there,
Just writing back to say thanks for this very professional review. It includes all the information potential guests would be looking to hear in good detail.
About the beds....
The mattresses and bases in the Twin/Queen room are from the same company and are the same quality as those in the master bedroom. Those in the triple room are different but as you say, some like a soft bed, some prefer firm. Across the time we have been renting, I'm glad to say it has not been an issue.
Re the fridge, I think the fridge has been designed to be colder at the top - did you notice that there is a special compartment for things such as meat/bacon? This is a kind of drawer with a flap-down-door and is right at the very top of the fridge compartment. It's notable too that the freezer is situated above the fridge which also presumably has some influence on the interior temperature.
I was surprised that you found parking in Barbados difficult; I wonder where you had a problem? Our area, Sunset Crest, has quite a lot of dedicated car parks but I admit that some of them are tucked away behind buildings so you may not have found them. Other areas of the coast road have less formal "pull-off" places which may not even be paved but Bajans are pretty cool about the these things - I suppose it's hard for visitors to know where is ok and where may not be!
Very pleased to hear that you'd be as happy to return as we would be to have you back again! Please don't leave it too long!
Cheerio, Cath
Vasily_Zu...
Moscow, Russia
“Great villa”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

To the beach - 150 m
To the restorants - 50 m
Great garden, barbecu, home.
Villa is perfectly equiped.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
4 Feb 2016
Hello again,
Thanks, this review is great, concise and informative even though very brief!
Your English is very good and I'm very grateful for the time you have spent to help me by writing it.
If you ever want to come back again, please get in touch. There will be a warm welcome for you!
Michael B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A wonderful villa, you're in for a treat!”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Mangoes. A beautifully appointed property managed with care by responsible owners. The description of the property is 100 percent accurate and actually exceeded our expectations. Set in a beautiful location, we would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Mangoes to anyone.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Locations and space The beachclub was an added bonus which we used daily
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
15 Jan 2016
Hi Michael,
Thanks for a very good and very constructive review - Ian and I do put a lot into Mangoes. Every time we go we make some sort of improvement; I'm so glad you appreciated what we do, it makes it all worth while.
Thanks for the comment about accuracy of our description. I try very hard to keep our information up to date and correct.
I enjoyed our communication and would be absolutely delighted to welcome you back if you'd like to stay again. Please get in touch any time you feel the need for a Barbados refresher - or should I say relaxer?
Take care ....
Cheerio, Cath.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing