Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Indranu H
Bangkok, Thailand

Excellent stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Apr 2022via mobile
We stayed here 2 nights. The views from the hotel are amazing. Sunsets, night sky can be enjoyed from the deck. The staff are attentive and made the stay comfortable. Rooms on level 2 face the salt flats. The food is ok but the fact that this lodge is on the edge of the salt flat makes it unique.
Date of stay: April 2022
Room Tip: Rooms on reception level face the back wall
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    26.2 km from Luna Salada Hotel De Sal & Spa
    26.0 km from Luna Salada Hotel De Sal & Spa
    View more hotels in Colchani
    1,303 results
    All reviews salt hotel salt flats unique hotel unique experience common areas buffet dinner de sal watch the sunset game room stunning views deluxe room water pressure warm water special hotel south america hammocks edge
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 26 March 2022

This hotel is amazing! The only place to stay when visiting the Salt Flats! The hotel is unique and makes your visit unforgettable. The view and sunsets from the rooms and dining room are beautiful. The breakfast and dinners are delicious.

Date of stay: February 2022
    1  Thank Sandy C
    Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

This hotel is alot of fun if you are into collecting interesting concept hotels.
    Pros: loved loved loved the spa area and pool. We used it often
    Loved the aesthetic
    The staff were always very friendly
    Beds were very comfortable, water super hot and the set up even had an electric blanket on the bed
    The free shuttle to uyuni
    Really good cafe con Leche at breakfast

Cons: think the food in the main restaurant was a little overpriced
    Every once in a while the ceiling leaks wet salt on you, you feel it in the sheets but that is just because of how it’s set up
    Think the tour agency hidalgo inside overcharges. We used joker expeditions and they were almost half the price and a great experience
    WiFi was good in lobby but could never get it to work in my room

We actually enjoyed the bar food better then the “buffet”. I don’t like that you can’t order off the menu in the main restaurant. I think the burger in the bar was very good and a better price

Overall I would stay at least a night to experience it !

Room tip: Eat in the bar instead of the main restaurant The burger is really good The pool is quieter in the morning and late evening
    Date of stay: March 2022
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 8 February 2022

Why only 2 stars out o 5?

Positive to mention: Location which is perfect set close to the Salar Uyuni. They offered a welcome drink and an upgrade. This is definitely the positive experience I made.

Negative, a cummulation of small things especially re customer service and experience.
    - The shower was defect so that water flow into the bathroom. I called the cleaning service and they just dried the flooded area but did fix the problem, actually, I told them where the problem occurred.
    - I gave a common 10% tip but they asked for cash and not on the bill. So did I gave them a bill of 20 but they did not gave me the return of 5 (should be actually 15). This is not a serious issue but it is not standard!!
    - A clock that wakes me up at 6 am which is installed in their room? Why?
    - I understand covid situation but this restaurant did not even have a wine card? I got wine in a refuge at 4300m offered but not in that hotel? Strange
    - Well the most awkward experience is the customer experience with my double booking. Yes, my fault I booked the same hotel twice via different platforms for the same day. I then simply ask for a change of the date as I paid it already. So they checked and asked for the confirmation that I paid twice. I send them my booking confirmations where the payment status was also noted. Then they asked for the billing of the credit card which I had not at that time. I could not enter my credit card account as verification codes are not sent to my phone which I explained twice to different people. Still they were insisting on that. So I gave it up and due to the above mentioned issues did not want to stay any longer there. Finally and sadly this is not a hotel that I recommend.

Date of stay: February 2022
    Reviewed 1 January 2022 via mobile

Amazon hotel with some unique architecture and some amazing views! The hotel has some awesome view of the salt flats! This is must visit stay in uyuni!

The food in the restaurant was great as well! They seem to have limited staff but that did not quite deter the experience!

Date of stay: December 2021
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 21 November 2021

Perfect clean, worm room, good breakfast and dinner with wonderful view to the lake. Ivan at the front desk is the soul of the hotel with his perfect english and service. There is two choice of day program with private guide and car, take the second one, is more interesting.
    But the route to the hotel from the village is in terrible condition, it cant be this difficult or expensive to repair it, I did think when I drive to hotel that, if the route who bring the clients to the hotel is in that terrible condition, which kind of hotel I am going but finally it was a perfect experience.

Date of stay: November 2021