“Great hot chocolate”
Review of Macrocarpa Cafe

Macrocarpa Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: We operate a friendly cafe with great coffee and also offer evening takeaways and a pizza menu. Attached are also a post office and dairy. Our breakfast burgers are a great way to start your day quickly to allow you to maximise your time on the slopes or trails.
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Had a hot chocolate two mornings in a row from here and they were very good. My friend seemed to really enjoy their coffee as well. We didn't get food here though

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I had a really great time at the Macrocarpa Café ! A really warm welcome and some delicious food, I totally recommend it !
I would also like to say that the restaurant is really clean ! Outside and inside !

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We ate here last week for breakfast whilst travelling through National Park. Husband and son had a big breakfast that they were happy with. I had the Eggs Benedict with bacon. It was very average and I can't say that I would have it again or recommend either. And a little pricey compared to other places I have had the same meal and received larger meal and of a better quality.
Staff very friendly and the cafe has a very homely atmosphere with several different areas to sit and eat or just have a hot drink.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

One of the best places in National Park. We had two nights dinners there and was awesome. We had the pizza which fed 4 of us and the second night had baconator burger, chicken burger, wedges and hot dogs and was all wonderful. Price point is good so expect to pay less here than other places. Well worth it

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This review is admittedly belated. I ate here twice around February and I might go back when I can, since I've just read that this cafe has changed hands. The previous standard let provincial NZ down.
I understand that National Park is not Queenstown - I get that just fine - but Queenstown sits in stark contrast to this place in terms of presentation, service and sheer volume of business.
The food here was just adequate, the eating area dingy and the side rooms untidy. The staff did try hard for me - I'll give them that - but a reinvention was required.

If there's a new management, then that's great and I wish them well.
National Park Village is not brimming with choice.

Macrocarpa C, Owner at Macrocarpa Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi Andrew.
Yes, there is indeed new management and I think you will be pleasantly surprised on your return. The whole place has had a refresh and the menu has also been updated to provide good quality food at reasonable prices. We have even upgraded all the lighting to brighten the place up. We look forward to seeing you back in.
Cheers