See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Nice fireplace in the lounge. It has the best share area to hang out with mates. People running the place is always friendly.
Tip -The showers closest to the kitchen is the hotest and progressively gets colder the further away.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SkiHaus, Manager at Manowhenua Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate it
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us here at Ski Haus.
We look forward to hosting you in National Park again if the opportunity arises.
Kind Regards
Sharyn

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Only had one night here but had no problems - booking, payment and check in was all easy! The village is small so the location of all the hostels and lodges here are convenient in reality; Ski Haus is about 800m-1km from all the important parts (supermarket) which is all flat and easy to walk!
Our room was a double which also had a bunk bed so would be ideal for groups too! The bed was comfy and layout of the rooms regarding the kitchen and bathrooms was also good!
We checked out really early due to doing the crossing so needed an early night! Unfortunately a bunch of people in the corridor were unaware of their noise levels at 11.30pm which highlighted how thin the walls were.
The kitchen was very clean with plenty of fridge space and all the necessary cooking amenities were there!

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank NaomiF2901
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The person at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She made checking in very easy, she booked my Tongariro shuttle, and also made sure I had considered getting food as there is only one store in the town. The hostel was good for the price you pay. The lounge area was quiet, the kitchen was very clean, and the showers were very clean. I also had very cool people in my dorm. They were super friendly and we actually had quite a good conversation.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I had a very good experience. The person at the front desk, was helpful and friendly. The hostel was very clean and felt very safe. The person at front desk booked my shuttle for Tongariro, gave food recommendations and was just a nice person. As for the rooms, they are what you pay for but the hostel itself was very clean and well managed. I also had such awesome people in my dorm room from Czech Republic, Sweden, and China. So this was overall a very good experience for me.

Room tip: accessibility, clean, private
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Gets the job done, but not exceptional. Common refrigerator is DISGUSTING, smells like someone died. Nice common area but is a little cold temperature-wise. Staff are rarely, if ever, at the front desk -- always need to page someone to get a question answered, which is annoying.

Date of stay: August 2016