See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2016

The hotel look nice, big parking lot. BUT
Whenever we came to the reception was empty and we had to ring & wait for the person to come.
The mail problem with the hotel was the air-condition. when we went to sleep (at around 24:00) I felt that it is not cold as earlier. I thought that it will take a few minutes & will be as cold as before, and went tp sleep. at about 02:30 I walk up from the heat (so did my child). we called the reception, and they told me that at night they close the air condiotion, and it works only on "Fan" stasus. It took me a few minutes to convince him to open the air condition. since he told me that this is the hotel Policy: No air condition at night.
Only when I insisted and only after I said thet my son can not breath, he was convinced and opened the air condition. It took 30 minutes more until the system started to cool the room, so we suffered until 03:30 and only than fell asleep. also He told us that he is there until 06:00 oclock, and there is a probability that the person that will replace him will close the air-condition again. I had to tell him to leave a note to the morning shift to leave the air-condition open. luckily they did so.
Breakfast was very very very poor. on the buffet table thereehwhere:: 4 !!! slices of cheese, 4 !!! slices of cold cut, a few pieces of bread, a few jams, and that's it more or less.
when We came to complaine about the air condition and asked for compensation, they said they will give us discount. but then I saw the they put a higher price than what we had to pay originally, and gave the discount from that price - Nice try......

Room Tip: Dont go there unless it is winter
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Odelia27
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Nice location, large rooms with airco, decent breakfast. Parking space is quit dangerous with the narrow entry. I would recommend several nice places in Olot to go for lunch. Reception is very friendly and always willing to help. WiFi connection is slow but I did the job.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Pieter K
Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

Borrell was a neat little place to stay in Olot. We visited Olot for a family reunion. The hotel is clean, staffed by friendly and very helpful people. Internet was freely available and of great usable speeds! Even with four devices simultaneously connected in the same room at the end of the hall. Breakfast in the morning was ample, breads, pastries, fruits, yoghurt and cereal, teas, coffees and juice. Maybe lacks a boiled or scrambled egg but otherwise a decent start of the morning.

Olot is known for the nature that surrounds it. The location for the hotel is in the centre, therefore making access to any place in the city a breeze. It's also a stone's throw away from the main street/commercial centre with ample restaurants and cafe's nearby.

Downside, we visited in April on some warm days, and an AC would have been nice to cool the room prior to sleeping. We opened the window instead.

All in all, thumbs up for the hotel and "well done" for the staff...

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Stayed two nights on our cycle tour of Catalan. The hotel is very central with good quality clean rooms. The staff were very helpful, especially the lady receptionist when we arrived. We had a slight problem with our blind but this was fixed without any fuss. Good value for money with a nice breakfast too.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed for three nights and were impressed with the spacious rooms and bathrooms - and very comfortable beds. The breakfast for 10 Euros was outstanding value and included melon, jamon, cheese, apple custard tart and chocolate brownie cake - as well as the usual breads, toast, juice and fruit. The staff were all very helpful and spoke good English. The location is perfect - quiet and less than 10 minutes walk from a huge choice of cafés and restaurants. Free car park worked well for us. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends