See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Alissa greeted us with a warm smile and helpful suggestions for our time in Poppi. Our room was very large and had a beautiful view of the valley of Ponte a Poppi. On Easter Sunday we delighted in holiday breads for breakfast. The hotel is located just below the castle and is just around the corner from the town square of this medieval town. Very quaint and quiet. The hotel is filled with incredible works of art, it is like visiting a museum, so much history here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank susangsays
ElisaMoneti, Proprietario at Albergo San Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you so much for your review, I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay here! Hope to see you again Poppi!

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed in Poppi for one night in low season and it was, definitely, low season. The location was spot on if the restaurants hadn't been closed... We were recommended two restaurants by the hotel and both turned out to be closed. Not the hotels fault but annoying all the same.

Breakfast was good. Wifi not working but that was because of a storm. Parking was great! Would stay there again but not in low season

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Elisa M, Direttore at Albergo San Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Good evening,
thank you for your review! I am really sorry that both the restaurants were closed, I was not aware of it, or I would have suggested you otherwise!
Luckly the problems with the WiFi were pomptly solved, I apologise again.
I hope to see you again in high season, I promise you will get a far more positive impression of Poppi!

Reviewed 25 December 2015

My wife and I spent a week at this hotel/B&B in September 2015 and couldn't have been happier. We used it as a base to visit sites throughout Tuscany. Fortunately we had perfect weather so each day started with breakfast on the back patio, overlooking the Casentino Valley. One note on breakfast - when we were there the owner/cook had no sign up regarding eggs, but when asked, she was more than happy to make a hot breakfast featuring eggs - just ask. The room decor is consistent with the era of the building, simple but very spacious. We had a shower in our bath and again there was plenty of room.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the door overlook the beautiful Casentino Valley. All rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
ElisaMoneti, Proprietario at Albergo San Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Thank you for your review! We are really happy that you enjoyed staying here and thanks for the suggestion, we will definitely add a sign up regarding eggs.
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 July 2015

This is my 2nd visit to Poppi (alta) and accommodations in the upper castello town are few, but staying by the charming town transports you to another feeling the lower town misses. Albergo San Lorenzo, like the town itself, is very low-key and with 10 rooms it felt as though I was staying in someone's home. As other travelers have said, the rooms are huge and mine faced out to the valley with drop-dead views. The rooms are shown accurately on the website http://www.poppi-sanlorenzo.com/eng-2/gcs-index-12-12-2-1.html. They are clean and equipped, but are not elegantly appointed.

Elisa, one of the co-owners, grew up in Poppi like so many of the residents. She was so very nice and happy to see to your needs, including a welcome espresso. My cousin was staying nearby and said she wished she'd stay at the Albergo San Lorenzo because nothing replaces an authentic experience when you travel, and this B&B exudes that feeling.

It is an easy walk down to the lower town bus and train station and the other businesses by taking a paved path. Parking is very minimal although Albergo San Lorenzo has a guest parking lot.

Room Tip: Valley views
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank sflindad
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights, our room was huge and we had an incredible view. There was free parking out the front and it was literally 50 steps and a very short walk to get to the castle. The girl at reception was great, very helpful we really needed to do
Laundry and that's a service they don't offer but she let us use their washing machine, which was so generous. The room isn't air conditioned but it was cool and it was 38 degrees outside! At night it cooled down.
Only thing that was a bit of a pain is when you have a shower the water goes absolutely everywhere Asia one of those showers that doesn't have glass doors/walls, just a curtain. But it dries up pretty quick. Breakfast was out on the terrace and we were offered great lattes/cappuccino/ Americano. And then meats and cheese and warm bread/croissants and yoghurt and jams...the usual European breakfast. Just FYI Their website is a bit out of date I think too.

Stayed: July 2015