All reviews hot tub new zealand the kitchen pizza oven awesome staff post surf free kayaking free car surf board hire living room my partner surfing lessons beautiful place great place to stay stayed nights wetsuits hammocks
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I'm a female solo traveller having surfed a handful of times in the past few years. Raglan is a great little town for beginner/experienced surfers, yoga lovers and those wanting some coastal walks and kayaking. Raglan backpackers is the best hostel I've stayed in to date because of its homely feel. The features that make this hostel so amazing are the friendly staff and people, their helpfulness, mixture of room types and the social areas, including hot tub (great post surf). There are always people willing to help with tips for improving your surfing, so don't be worried if you are a beginner like myself. This is not a party hostel. Social areas close around 10pm/11pm and people are here to work and surf, but at the weekends you will find the local bars a treat. Overall you will find yourself never wanting to leave this place.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I am using Trip Advisor to give the community advice and that has got a reason: Raglan Backpackers is the best hostel I‘ve ever been to! The people working there didn’t ask me to recommend that hostel on Trip Advisor or anywhere. Because they don’t need it. It’s probably super difficult to find a bed at this place in the summer. Even in spring on weekends it’s almost impossible.
The hostel is totally clean. The rooms and the beds are very high standard for a hostel. If you get a place in the backhouse you will be sleeping in a sweet house with very big rooms. There’s also a brand new big TV in a lovely living room. Talking about the equipment, Raglan Backpackers has got: a sauna, a hot tup(!), more than enough bathrooms, two kitchens with lots of stuff in there, two living rooms with lots of books, games and DVDs, and a cute little dog - his name is ‚ocean‘.
All the people working there are super friendly and cool. They all live there as well and if they don’t have to work (they try really hard by the way), they will sometimes do activities with you (going surfing, kayaking, biking, having a walk with the dog, relaxing in the hot tup, ...). Renting surfing equipment is cheap in my eyes ($30 for a couple of hours: they will give you a free car ride to the beach, give you tips, you get a wet suit and a surfboard). There are little Kayaks FREE to rent and big kayaks as well, but you gotta pay for those. Renting a mountain bike is $2 per hour.
I stayed 4 nights in that hostel and I was really sad when I left that place. It’s so lovely. I met so many nice people around there, everybody there was in such a good mood always and only nice people at this place, a lot of surfers and a lot of Germans.

RAGLAN I ALREADY MISS YOU but
YOU ALWAYS MEET TWICE IN LIFE!

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for almost a week although I would have loved to stay longer, but my flight was already scheduled. Never had such a warm and welcoming atmosphere, the staff is the nicest I've ever met in a hostel, in fact, their more like your buddies and help you with everything. It's almost impossible not to socialise in this beautiful place, and it goes on with the surfing in the daytime and the hottub in the evening to cooking together with people you met a few hours ago. My favourite place in whole NZ, definitely coming back in the future!

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of hostel, where you arrive and extend your staying straight away. Awesome staff, free spa/saune. Chilled common area. Wicked place near to the beach.
Paid 25$ per night for a 8dorm room. Cheap as.
Cheers guys.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017

This place is awesome! Me and my partner stayed 2 nights in a double room. It was not expensive and the room was fine but it's the whole place you pay for. Free rentals, wet suit and surf board hire, hot tub, Sauna, pizza oven and loads more. There is no TV in the lounge so it makes it really easy to meet people. We also experienced movie night where one of the owners brought us in popcorn while we all watched a movie by the fire! This backpackers also really does its bit for the environment too which we loved! I would definitely recommend - give them a call!!

Room tip: Any room it doesn't matter - you'll be so chilled!
Date of stay: June 2017