Clean rooms, nice kitchen, great vibe, hammocks, a sauna, a hot tub, BBQ, pizza oven, and free kayaks. What more could you possibly want from a hostel? Definitely the place to stay in Raglan. Would stay here again.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
The place gets booked very quickly during the vacation period and summer. Make sure to call ahead to reserve your room.
As stated in previous posts, this was a great place to stay. Here are some additional items that I would like to add.
1. lots of games, tv room, golf clubs, tennis rackets, kayaks, surf boards, etc. All goods to keep you from being bored are available.
2. right next to the water. It overlooks a small bay and a 30 second walk into town.
3. library is next door to connect to wifi. you don't need wifi at the hostel so you can actually communicate with others.
4. some beds are queen or king sized beds. if you get one of those, you are golden.
5. most people there are pretty relaxed and chill.
6. you will get a good sleep since quiet hours start at 9:30pm.
I could not really think of anything bad there.
Fantastic backpackers! A lot of the staff working here are long-term guests but they always made short-term travellers feel welcome. This backpackers definitely provides you with a home away from home, with a fantastic atmosphere, rooms and facilities. There is no wifi on the premises but there is free wifi at the library which is a 1 min walk. Love the idea of no one being on their phones and actually interacting and talking with one another. Would recommend to anyone.
Brilliant place to stay. The owners are amazing they have everything you could need and do their utmost to help you enjoy your stay. Its really clean as well. The only thing is that the people working for accommodation their have probably been there too long and treating the place like its theirs to rule. I wouldn't let this detract you from staying though as these people come and go all the time.
Easy place to stay - right next to beach and town - lovely courtyard with hammocks and hot tub as well as an alternative to overlooking the sea.
Great surf vibe - opportunities for beginners and pro.s - but also kayaking and yoga.
Eclectic mix of folks - and of course ended up sitting down for supper next to a stranger from my own home town in England!!
This is the best hostel i have been to in NZ! It's super clean and cozy. The best part of the hostel though is the environment there. It's so relaxed and layed back but still with lots of things to do. Definitely the place to stay in Raglan!!