The place gets booked very quickly during the vacation period and summer. Make sure to call ahead to reserve your room.
As stated in previous posts, this was a great place to stay. Here are some additional items that I would like to add.
1. lots of games, tv room, golf clubs, tennis rackets, kayaks, surf boards, etc. All goods to keep you from being bored are available.
2. right next to the water. It overlooks a small bay and a 30 second walk into town.
3. library is next door to connect to wifi. you don't need wifi at the hostel so you can actually communicate with others.
4. some beds are queen or king sized beds. if you get one of those, you are golden.
5. most people there are pretty relaxed and chill.
6. you will get a good sleep since quiet hours start at 9:30pm.
I could not really think of anything bad there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Raglan Backpackers hostel New Zealand is located on the water's edge of Raglan's beautiful harbour, looking out across the water to Mt Karioi. Purpose-built accommodation for your comfort and security, we take pride in our clean facilities, friendly atmosphere, surfing knowledge and helpful staff. All rooms open onto a private central courtyard garden, where you can relax in a hammock or enjoy the hot tub. The living room and dining area open onto the grass lawn which is absolute waterfront.AS a guest you have free use of our mountain bikes, kayaks, sauna and spa pool. We have also have a full range of surf boards for hire, with transport to the surf beach (5 min drive). ... more less