All reviews free kayaks hot tub laid back pizza oven awesome staff new zealand clean rooms post surf surf board hire my partner surfing lessons great place to stay hammocks sauna hostel social vibe
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

I stopped at Raglan hostel for 5 nights in September 2016. The hostel has tonnes to do when the surf is bad... free kayaks, hot tub, guitars, board games, baking box. There were a fair few longtermers while I was there which I think added to the family feel of the place. It was easy to start up a conversation and join in with everyone.
The glow worm canyoning trip was one of the highlights of my NZ travels. Would definitely recommend to my friends

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Vikki C
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Only stayed for a night but was made to feel very welcome and shown around the place on arrival. They have a variety of rooms depending on budget all of them clean and modern from what I could see. Nice courtyard/chillout area which was closed from 9pm so people who wanted to could sleep, a good rule in my opinion. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Really loved this place! Been to quite a few hostels and this has to be my favourite. Really nice building with a beautiful little courtyard with hammocks and a swinging chair. We weren't in the main building we were in the other one and it was lovely, great, clean facilities, really nicely furnished, comfy beds, and a log burning stove! It was all so cosy and very homely. Staff were friendly as were the people in the hostel. Free hot tub, sauna, kayaks free to hire, arts and crafts cupboard, supping boards and surf boards and kit to hire for reasonable prices. And a lot of it done with environmental consideration which is always good to see. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I've been staying here for a week and it is the best hostel I've stayed in NZ. Very nice staff, proper surfing vibes and the owner is a hero. Stating to pick up my surfing game now. Come to raglan and stay here it's the best place in NZ I've been to!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Central location, very close to the sea and estuary. Staff and 'long termers' are all very friendly. They also have a hot tub and sauna and hammocks. There is no wifi so it makes guests social - the local library is a short 2 minute walk with free wifi. The chill room has a fantastic view of the sleeping lady mountain. The i-Site is also a short walk from the hostel. Accommodation prices were a lot cheaper than I expected too.

Room Tip: Central location - cheaper rooms
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo