All reviews ocean view day tour jet ski south wing calm waters sandy beach beautiful chapel third floor bathroom amenities leche flan boodle fight money's worth coffee maker private jacuzzi entrance fee cove ilocos
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

The resort would've been nice if the staff were more knowledgeable about what they offer in their resort. We've asked what the breakfast rate would be and will it be ala carte or buffet. Service staff doesnt have any clue and they told us different answers. Thwy dont even check how was the food, if there's anything else we need. Everytime we go back to the room and out, we always pass by the reception desk and nobody doesnt even greet us like "good morning" or "good afternoon" how was your stay so far" stuff like that except for the people cleaning the windows or the pool..they were more friendlier than the reception staff. I work on a hospitality business and i know how it works. To be able for a business like this to grow and guests to come back, you should provide excellent service..in this way, guests would always remember how beautiful the resort was because of the service provided to them and they will come back and recommend it to their friends. Accomodation is nice but a "FRIENDLIER" staff would've been better.

I booked thru travelbook and made some modifications at the hotel via phone a month before our arrival, 2 days before and the day of our arrival. Since I upgraded our room from STD to DLX, I called the hotel to ask about the additional fee for the room upgrade. The front desk agent told me the additional fee would be P1000 plus 1000 for the extra person charge. Upon check in, I reconfirmed the additional fee that I will pay but the other FO agents told me a different story. It took us 30min before we go to our room because they keep on discussing with the other agents about the additional fee we need to pay instead of entertaining and giving good service to us. I even asked "Janine" (a trainee) via phone if there are no hidden charges, and she told me, "Wala na po ma'am. Yun nalang po yung babayaran nyo." Know what, it is better to ask than assume. So upon check out, I talked to "Kenneth" at the reception and he made it clear that P2000 will be the final additional fee for our room.

Breafkast buffet was great. But please, never display a MOP at the corner of the restaurant because cleaning materials should be kept and not displayed.

Overall, it was a great stay but please, proper training to all employees must be imposed!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Raquel R
Reviewed 13 July 2016

This property has unique ambiance of contemporary architecture. The rooms are elegant and spacious. Better book at the new hotel building for better view and select the beachfront area to enjoy beach view or the back area to enjoy mountain view. The property is about 15 minutes from the main road, if you don't have private car, tricycles are available for hire at a price of less than 200 pesos ( all passengers not individually), tell the driver, Vitalis Hotel not the Villas, they have different locations. Better visit this spot during summer to enjoy water rides, boating and other recreational activities. Staff are friendly, restaurant and bar are conveniently within the premises and cleanliness is well maintained. Have Fun!

Room tip: Select the New Hotel Building it has better view of the sea or the mountain at your choice.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2016

During our Vigan trip, we also sidestepped to Santiago, a town just an hour’s drive away from Vigan City where Vitalis Resort and Spa is located.
If you want a place to relax in where there’s lots of peace and quiet, Vitalis Resort and Spa is the perfect spot up north. The area is great for kicking back, contemplation or prayer time. It is also a wonderful destination for friends and family.
The place may not have the kind of fine powdery sand that Bohol or Boracay is known for, but the water that transitions its hue and shifts into different shades of blue is just mesmerizing.

Vitalis Resort and Spa is most definitely worth a return visit. Hopefully next time, it won’t be just for the afternoon.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Me and 4 of my friends decided to drive north and we learned that Vitalis Villas is a must to visit if you head north so we did. Unfortunately they are booked when we get there. Luckily, the receptionist is very willing yo help and I remember, it's her birthday that day, she offered us if we wanted to stay here in Vitalis Resort and Spa instead. Thanks to her we have a place to stay overnight and we had a great time in this resort. The front office staff are so accommodating and very much eager to help. Due to lack of time we need to check out but we still wanna try Vitalis Villas next time.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Well, I might say that This Resort has a breathtaking facade. Once you enter the premises, you will definitely feel that you are in Santorimi, Greece as what they were advertising. However...

Travel - it is better if you have your own vehicle because in order for you to get to the resort, you have to ride a tricycle. And if you don't speak iloco, they will charge you outrageous amounts.

Accomodation - the ambiance of the room is very greek inspired. But make sure to get a room as far from the bar as possible. They are not that "sound-proof" so you will hear a lot of noises. Good thing for us though we have to stay up late because we were drinking. Also, considering the price, I have expected more. Room service is very slow and when I was showering, the water went off. Good thing they were able to fix it after an hour. Sigh.

Food - they were greek inspired but there are also variety. However considering the fact that I have tried several greek cuisines from different restaurants, I might say it's kinda boring. They don't know how to elevate their cuisine in accordance to the customer's pallate. I requested for parmessan cheese and they gave me a grated cheddar cheese. :( And the prices were outrageous! In short, I didn't enjoy the food.

Staffs - the worst staffs I have ever encountered in my whole life. I have some friends with me so we speak tagalog. And even when we were around, they are all speaking in iloco. Little do they know that I speak fluent iloco. They are actually laughing and making jokes at one of my friends because she is swimming in her swimsuit. So I asked them politely, in iloco language, to stop laughing at her and they were all shocked because they realized that I understood every thing they have said. We asked if they have pool towels, and one of the staffs said, "sir gamitin niyo muna yung towel sa kwarto niyo kuhanan ko nalang kayo mamaya ng bago." *facepalm

Facilities - well it's new so everything is still good. Again, except for their water supply.

Date of stay: June 2016