“Winner winner ....fish for dinner”

CY Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Just a boat ride from Bamaga, the beautiful Albany Island, also known locally as Pabaju Island, is home to CY Fishing Charters, located on the eastern side of Cape York, approximately 6km south of the "Tip". The unique base of Albany Island provides the opportunity to share an extensive variety of fishing: off the island, around the reefs, fresh-water and into the deep waters of the Coral Sea. At CY we know you will have one of the best fishing experiences of your life-time! A variety of packages is available: fishing charters, private island overnight experience, boat tours, etc. Join us for the ultimate fishing and Cape adventure!
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Well I' v had some good fishing trips in my life and this one is right up there with the best.I cant thank the team enough for going beyond expectations in providing a great trip for our group.
The accommodation is good basic air conditioned rooms with share bathrooms (with good hot showers) but better than most we ve experienced and very comfortable after a long day hunting and gathering some of the best fishing grounds in Australia.Fishing revolves around the tides so some days are early and some a bit later. They're full days fishing and the boys will target what s biting or chase your dream fish if you want.
Thanks to host Hammer skipper extrordinare,the quiet achiever.
Celine your cooking "est magnifique"(who would expect French cuisine at the "Top"
Bat (Australia s most northern resident) who could catch a fish in the Simpson Desert
he s that good!.
Last but not least Dougie.The adventurer who looks like he'd be more at home as a uni lecturer but has a Bear Grills attitude to making sure your trip is a great one.Your a legend mate.
Thanks all ,a trip to remember. see you next year.

1  Thank SydneyRossco
"crew"
in 4 reviews
"boat"

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I was one of the main organisers for the below mentioned 11 guys (see Murray B, Grant P, Casino 2470). I will not waste time re-hashing the accurate and glowing reviews by my friends merely to say out of the 10 or so fishing trips I have done over the years, all excellent in their own way, this trip was ‘simply the best’.

A personal thank you to Hamish, Celine, Bat, Kerry and Duncan (also have to mention the lovely ‘Softy’ - the dog) for a very memorable trip.

I would like to also give a special mention to Doug from FishingEarth. Doug was my original point of contact and was also on the Island to lend a hand with all those important things that help make a trip special. From my initial email until we returned home Doug could not do enough to make the organising and the trip as hassle free as possible.

Particularly for all those international travellers who read this and enjoy their fishing, do yourself a favour and head to CY Fishing, Albany Island (make sure you get your tides right for the best fishing - the boys will help you with this). You will have great fishing, beautiful scenery, delicious food and meet some classic Aussie characters - including one lovely Frenchwoman - and have a trip of a lifetime.

P.S. Just in case there are any conspiracy theorists out there, my wife Janelle and I (Mick) both use the name ‘Janelle’ to write reviews of our travels.

1  Thank Janelle C
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Fishing, Excellent! Accommodation and surrounds,Excellent! Food Excellent! Fishing Gear and boats, Excellent! Skippers and fishing guides Excellent. We were in a group of 11, read Murray B and Grant P reviews they sum it all up, A big thanks to Hamish and Celine. Bat and Kerry, Duncan and Doug, they made our trip. Would I go back there again? In a heart beat!

1  Thank Casino2470
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We found out our boat was broken down a few days before leaving Sydney.
* The back up boat had no working sounder
* Everyone was completely drenched as there was a window missing and no clears on the boat.
* They transferred us to the wrong island and we missed our connection and we are all out of pocket
* We were promised a refund but after months of negotiations we were told that they will not refund us *we are all owed over $5000.
*Doug the organizer for cy fishing charters is the worlds best salesman. over promised everything and delivered on very little.
I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone wanting a professionally organized trip. They can’t even get the simple things rights and have lied and stolen from us.
Do not waste your time and money going to this place!!! Overpriced and overrated.

5  Thank Jonathon O
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Just returned from a week on Albany and I can not speak highly enough of the professionalism of Hamish and his team. Although the accommodation is basic it is comfortable and clean. The equipment they use is first rate and despite the fact you are in a remote location the creature comforts are not ignored. Guides are knowledgeable, food is exceptional, and the setting is beautiful. As a professional aviator who has spent 30 plus years traveling the world, this experience is as good as it gets if you are a fisherman and I will recommend it unreservedly to those I meet on my future travels.

2  Thank Murray B

Been to CY Fishing Charters? Share your experiences!