Review Highlights
Good Times!

A Group of 5 from Sydney embarked on their inaugural annual fishing expedition and upon reflection... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2017
SimonS007
Sydney, Australia
Winner winner ....fish for dinner

Well I' v had some good fishing trips in my life and this one is right up there with the best.I... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2017
SydneyRossco
sydney

All reviews great trip fish hamish celine kerry albany tides surrey grant accommodation skipper australia life crew boat
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Fishing, Excellent! Accommodation and surrounds,Excellent! Food Excellent! Fishing Gear and boats, Excellent! Skippers and fishing guides Excellent. We were in a group of 11, read Murray B and Grant P reviews they sum it all up, A big thanks to Hamish and Celine. Bat and Kerry, Duncan and Doug, they made our trip. Would I go back there again? In a heart beat!

1  Thank Casino2470
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We found out our boat was broken down a few days before leaving Sydney.
* The back up boat had no working sounder
* Everyone was completely drenched as there was a window missing and no clears on the boat.
* They transferred us to the wrong island and we missed our connection and we are all out of pocket
* We were promised a refund but after months of negotiations we were told that they will not refund us *we are all owed over $5000.
*Doug the organizer for cy fishing charters is the worlds best salesman. over promised everything and delivered on very little.
I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone wanting a professionally organized trip. They can’t even get the simple things rights and have lied and stolen from us.
Do not waste your time and money going to this place!!! Overpriced and overrated.

5  Thank Jonathon O
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Just returned from a week on Albany and I can not speak highly enough of the professionalism of Hamish and his team. Although the accommodation is basic it is comfortable and clean. The equipment they use is first rate and despite the fact you are in a remote location the creature comforts are not ignored. Guides are knowledgeable, food is exceptional, and the setting is beautiful. As a professional aviator who has spent 30 plus years traveling the world, this experience is as good as it gets if you are a fisherman and I will recommend it unreservedly to those I meet on my future travels.

2  Thank Murray B
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Did I say remote?This lodge is on the Eastern side of the tip of Australia, and I mean the very top.A short chopper ride from Horn Island to a pristine beach and Fishing lodge.Waters surrounding are filled with sharks and Crocs (and you see them). We were a party of 11 blokes catching up for our once a year trip, and came across this gem, not knowing what to expect fishing wise or digs. The manager and skipper on the island is Hammer and his partner Celine.
They cannot do enough for you while on there beach, food excellent, and then there is the fishing!! Maybe just a great set of tides for 6 days ,but the fishing was non stop for most Pelagic species.Also type of fishing techniques varies to your liking and your abilities. we caught Many Spanish Macks,GTs,Queenfish, Coral trout, a few sharks and some things I had never seen before.
The accommodation is basic but clean and tidy, rooms have window AC, but not needed as breeze through rooms was good. Hot water showers , shared by 6 rooms. Still adequate for a lodge.We used two boats, both good fishing platforms, a 35 foot cat and a 29 foot cat, and they are solid boats with no problems.
The second skipper is a character, Bat,very good fisherman as was Hammer.Boats only take what they need for dinner that night and let everything else go, so dont go up there thinking your going to fill your freezer.We were all happy with that.We organized our own beer and wine and they had it shipped, small cost but was still better than having to buy beer up there.
If this all sounds to good to be true, you need to go have a look your self. I will go again, as I loved it. Thanks Hammer, Celine,Bat ,Kerry, Dougy Duncan the decky and softy for a great week.

2  Thank Grant P
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I did write a review yesterday but somehow it was deleted. Anyway I'll rewrite it by starting with the Fishing. It was very poor. The boat we were fishing on had no sounder and an inexperienced deckhand. ALSO THE WINDOW WAS SMASHED AND THERE WERE NO CKEARS WHICH MEANT WE WEEE SOAKED THE ENTIRE TIME. The boat we were supposed to be on which was promised was broken down. We spent half a day of our fishing time retrieving it. Doug the representative had promised us another back up boat but this was also broken down. The fishing was poor for 4/5 days. When they finally got the sounder to work caught some fish on the last day.
The company was responsible for our transfers as this is a remote island. They basically didn't get us on to our flight in time and we missed it. They did pay for a charter flight the same day which did help but as a result we are all out of pocket $6,800 as we all missed our connection. The representatives of CY Fishing charters promised to reimburse us for this for the past 3 weeks after chasing them several times they told us that they were not paying for it as it was our fault we missed the flight. This is unfortunate as we now need to seek legal action to recover our losses.
THIS REVIEW IS COMPLETELY TRUE AS FOR THE OTHERS I HAVE READ. THEY LOOK A LITTLE SCRIPTED TO ME. WHEN AND IF THEY DECIDE TO PAY IM HAPPY TO UPDATE TBIS REVIEW. IN THE MEANTIME IT WILL REMAIN.
PICS ARE OF THE BOAT WE WEEE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THAT WAS BROKEN DOWN. WE SPENT SEVERAL HOURS OF OUR PAID FISHING TRIP WAITING FOR A TRAILER TO BE DELIVERED BY BARGE AND THEN WAITING FOR THE BOAT TO BE RETRIEVED.

2  Thank Marcello B