All reviews coach trip coach party executive room national holidays restaurant staff buffet style evening meal self service walk in shower good nights sleep stayed here for one night from start to finish bed was very comfortable wedding reception car park tea and coffee following morning
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel did what i needed. Easy to find and drive to to break up a motorway trip. Free parking was plentiful
Reception staff were externally friendly.

First room i was allocated stank of cigarette smoke, so i was promptly moved to an alternative room. Standard rooms are really quite small. King size much better. Bed comfortable. Could really hear upstairs guest every time they used the bathroom due to the pipes. This kept waking me up.

Breakfast is ok. You have to pay extra for any coffee other than filter. Bread and pastries were quite stale. I'd expect more from a holiday inn and would probably use a services if i stayed again.
Hotel rooms could do with a bit of a make over as they look tired.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Bigthumb14
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Joanne R

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you encountered regarding your room on arrival and I am delighted our Reception staff rectified this for you promptly. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with the Team.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Stayed at the Holiday Inn as part of a Weekend break with National Holiday's the whole package was under £60. I have done a few breaks with National some have been good some not so good depending on the accommodation. This one was excellent because off the hotel from reception on arrival to leaving. The staff in all area's were very helpful and pleasant at all times. The rooms were very clean and spacious with the comfiest beds ever and the food was good with a fair choice considering the budget. I would happily stay here again anytime.

Room tip: Our room was lovely it was in an extension I have no idea what the other rooms were like.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank sylviacatc
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Dear sylviacatc.

Thank you for you time to leave your review. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit.
My team look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This was an overnight stay with a coach trip. The hotel was welcoming staff friendly the only thing I did not like was that at breakfast we were treated a little like second class citizens as we were seated at the back of the restaurant and left to our own devices but the other guests were brought tea and coffee.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank deborahs341
SarahB190729, Manager at Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear Deborah S.

Thank you for taking time to leave your review.
I am sorry that you felt let down at breakfast and I will discuss this with the team. We always try to accommodate coach trips by seating everyone together and we use the back of the restaurant for parties as this is more private than the open area of the restaurant.
However your feed back is valuable and moving forward this is something that the hotel can review.
I hope that you visit to Yorkshire encourages you to visit again.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We were impressed by the way all the very friendly and helpful staff managed to 'herd' approx 150 guests in 3 coaches in and out of the restaurant with ease. The staff on reception both on check-in and out were very helpful too. Rooms were clean and tidy thanks to the efficient house-keeping. Food reasonable and plenty for all guests.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank craftsend

Dear craftsend.

Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure to welcome Coach Parties to our hotel.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope that you are able to return to Yorkshire again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Stayed for business. Several issues were drawn to the duty manager's attention on the second day, such as the executive room I had booked had no chair and no robe & slippers as over the description, the hairdryer didn't work and the dishes and glasses in the restaurant and bar were not clean. To be fair, she listened and put everything right straight away and was most apologetic. All the staff I met were very nice but seemed out of their depth, particularly in the restaurant.
The main disappointment was caused when I went back the following week and encountered almost identical problems to the ones the week before only this time the mini bar was missing from the room as well as the robe and slippers. The dishes in the restaurant were still dirty and I had to wait 20 minutes to be offered a menu, ordered a drink which took another 20 minutes to arrive and a further 15 minutes for the food. Needless to say I didn't attempt to eat there again. The staff were all very pleasant and the food once it arrived wasn't bad but they are put in an impossible position - it seems like they have had no training and have no support from people who should know what they're doing. I didn't bother trying to talk with the manager again.
Having said all that, there was plenty of free parking, the room was air conditioned which was a godsend in the very hot nights, the bed was comfortable so I had a good sleep and the room was very clean. If you don't want the extras in the room or to eat in the restarant it's probably ok.

Room tip: The rooms at the back are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank StanleyGBeds

Dear StanleyGBeds.
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Leeds-Wakefield.
I am sorry to read that you experienced issues during your stay. The service you received is clearly not our usual standard.
I have discussed your issues with the team so that we can ensure this does not happen again.