Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Channing L

3rd time stay: Mixed experience

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jun 2024via mobile
I had a lovely time staying at the Blue Horizons resort. The location is picturesque and close to the famous Grand Anse beach and other local amenities.

The front of house staff were amazing, and showed a high level of professionalism at all times. I arrived at the hotel on a bank holiday which I was not aware of, as most people who book holidays don't worry about this. Given this information, I chose to eat at the hotel restaurant and I ordered a main, a dessert and a drink in which I was very satisfied.

A few hours later, I felt a feeling of malaise, and unfortunately, I vomited. I had some oral rehydration salts available to avoid becoming dehydrated. I brought this matter up to the staff at the reception in which they escalated this matter to the owner. I was instructed to speak to the owner of the hotel resort.

I managed to speak to the owner and he came across as defensive when I spoke about my experience with the meal. I found him to be condescending and unprofessional. He then went off on a tangent about all of the checks and balances that he does which was irrelevant to my issue. I was made to feel like somehow I was in the wrong for raising the issue about being unwell. Customers have a right to bring up any issues or worries that they encounter during their stay, as the customer is always right. No offence should be taken in general as this comes with the role of being an owner.

Eventually, the matter was looked into and a timeline of events were compiled, and even then the owner was patronizing when going through the timeline. Eventually, the manager was reasonable and understanding and I was given some compensation.

I was allowed a late check out which was extremely helpful and a meal free of charge which was a nice gesture.

My overall stay at the hotel was excellent, but my overall experience with the owner was unsatisfactory, bearing in mind, this was not my first time staying at the hotel.

Despite this experience, I will not allow this to affect my future stay at this hotel.
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Great location Affordable Nice hotel Most shops closed on bank holidays- make sure you have...
Trip type: Travelled solo
The Two Bedroom Oceanview at the Gem Holiday Beach Resort
$216
    $216
View more hotels in Morne Rouge
All reviews self catering spice island minute walk la belle creole pool bar grand anse beach police station st georges grocery store gardens are beautiful sun loungers living area superior studio one bedroom suite hired a car restaurants within walking distance large bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2024

We had a lovely stay at the Blue Horizons and would definitely return. The rooms are very spacious with 2 large king size beds which were very comfortable. There was also a separate room with a sofa, TV and kitchenette. It's great to have a separate area especially if you have young children who need to sleep earlier. There is also a table and chairs to sit outside.
We received a very warm welcome from the owner and reception when we arrived. All the staff were very friendly. The maid was lovely and introduced herself which we thought was a nice touch. The swimming pool and gardens were beautifully kept. I would give this hotel a 5 star for service.
The only thing that let it down was the restaurant. The food was very overpriced compared to other restaurants we ate in. All items incur a 25% tax and service charge on top. The margarita pizza was inedible and smothered in oregano and nothing else which our children didn't like. It was like a really cheap frozen small supermarket pizza. The other food wasn't much better either. The wrap was luke warm and didn't taste fresh and the meat kebabs on skewers were really chewy. There was hardly ever anyone eating in the restaurant. If only they could make the food better and the prices more reasonable it could be a lovely place to dine.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JulesbSouthLondon
Reviewed 5 May 2024 via mobile

As ‘repeaters’ we can’t imagine staying anywhere else locally as it ticks our boxes -
Spotlessly clean, comfortable, well equipped, friendly and welcoming staff, a good pool and proximity to Dive Grenada, Grand Anse, multiple eateries and beautiful gardens rich in birdlife. Thank you again BH!

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coldesaravis
Reviewed 18 March 2024

Perfect location, 5 min from Grande Anse beach and approx 10 min to airport and to St George, the capital. pool to ourselves alot, prob because BBC morne rouge and Grande anse beaches are white talc, safe. accomodation has fridge, freezer, top of the range cooker, comfy beds, aircon, fans, staff are so welcoming and friendly. Ive never felt so relaxed on holiday.. totally got into the Caribbean groove. we had bed and breakfast, tried soursop and fruits never had before. Wish i was there now, thank you Blue Horizons for a perfect holiday

Room tip: local buses every minute, 75p per person one way, small 12 seater.buses, you get off to let people get off, then get back on.
Reviewed 2 March 2024

Lovely little resort with lush green vegetation and an abundance of birds. Friendly staff. Clean room with kitchenette and balcony. Close to the beach and supermarket.
Small downsides - no courtesy room to change at end of stay, no helpful tourist literature at reception, and very expensive breakfast. Would definitely recommend though.

Reviewed 27 February 2024

My husband and I recently spent nine nights at the Blue Horizons Resort. If you like a relaxed and quiet place to stay without a lot of hype, you'll love it. The cottages are set in the gorgeous gardens with palm trees, flowering plants, singing birds and a nice pool area. Our cottage was simple and pretty with a good kitchen, comfortable bed and a balcony from which we could see turquoise Grand Anse Bay with St. Georges and the mountains behind it. Grand Anse Beach, with its white sand and warm water, is just a couple of minutes walk away. It's also easy to walk to Monroe Rouge beach, restaurants, the supermarket and the bus stop where you can catch minibuses into St. Georges and then connect with buses to other parts of the island. I have to commend the awesome staff, as well, who were extremely helpful and friendly. At one point a power surge made our air conditioner quit. Within minutes of informing the office, they had a maintenance man working on the problem and when he couldn't fix it, they brought in an electrician who spent a couple of hours working on it until he solved it. This was all on a Saturday night; we had thought it might be the next day or Monday before it could be fixed. We highly recommend Blue Horizons.

Room tip: Highly recommend the partial ocean view room