Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Moosey
Old Basing, United Kingdom

A wonderful stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Oct 2023
We stayed at the Blue Horizons Garden Resort and found it to be a lovely place. The gardens are an absolute delight, as are all the staff. We were in apartment 1, by the gate. We didn't find it was unsafe, even when people walked past or looked in. I often walked about on my own to the Mall down the road where the supermarket is, and felt very safe. The kitchen area was ample size with a large cooker if we wished to cook. There were sufficient utensils should we need them.
The owner was always walking around and talking to guests and he was a hive of information. It is a short walk to the beautiful Grand Anse beach, but if you choose to stay at the resort, the pool area is relaxing. We ate there every evening and the food is delicious. Breakfast is in the restaurant which is situated with a good view of St. George's.
We would totally recommend staying here. For us it was perfect. We will be back.
Date of stay: September 2023
Exterior
    $390
1.1 km from Blue Horizons Garden Resort
View more hotels in Morne Rouge
All reviews self catering spice island minute walk la belle creole pool bar grand anse beach police station st georges grocery store gardens are beautiful sun loungers living area superior studio one bedroom suite hired a car restaurants within walking distance large bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2023 via mobile

We have stayed in many places in Grenada and Blue Horizon was by far the best. The accommodations, resort grounds and staff are first class. I could not find any fault.
We stayed in room 14 which gave us the privacy we were looking for. The room had a King Size bed and partial sea view and fully functioning kitchen. All furniture and kitchen appliances looked recently refurbished. Spotless and comfy we settled in real quick.
On arrival the staff make you feel welcome including the resort owner and through the trip staff where a credit to the resort with warmth and professionalism. This really stood out for us as a marker of a very well ram resort.
The landscaped tropical gardens are incredible a real treat. You wouldn’t know how you central you are to everything Grand Anse had to offer as you feel in your own oasis. The famous Grand Anse beach was so close to resort and so was the supermarket for those wanting to cook.
We visited for the carnival week as a middle aged couple and found the accommodation to be central enough for transportation to and from local events.
We only ate in the hotel pool bar once with family due to the events we were attending. The food was excellent and gave me a taste of what the restaurant has to offer. I will be back to try on my next trip to Grenada.

Room tip: Book a room with a partial sea view to get the breeze while relaxing outside
Date of stay: August 2023
1  Thank Charlotte A
Reviewed 28 May 2023 via mobile

This place works well for those wanting a relaxing stay in spacious and comfortable surroundings. The gardens are beautiful and it is great to watch and listen to the local bird life.
Access to the beach/Dive Grenada is 5-10 mins walk as is the local supermarket.
Supermarket prices are high so if you are planning on self catering (we just did our own breakfast or occasional very simple supper) it might be worth bringing instant coffee for example. On the whole we ate out as there are plenty of local eateries and also of course Blue Horizons for poolside lunches or evening meals which were very good.
The accommodation is dated but spotlessly clean! The kitchen areas are stocked with basic equipment, plenty of space, a large fridge/freezer and gas stove.
If you want to spend time on the beautiful beach you can easily rent sunbeds next to Dive Grenada or Mount Cinnamon hotel beach area.
The pool is also very good and kept very clean.

Our experience above is based on more than one stay and we will be back. Of course you cannot always guarantee peace and tranquility depending on your fellow guests!

Thank you Team Blue Horizons.

Date of stay: May 2023
2  Thank Coldesaravis
Reviewed 20 March 2023 via mobile

We stayed here for one week and were made welcome on arrival and shown to our room. There were some issues which is why we cannot give a higher rating albeit it is in a lovely location close the beaches, immaculate gardens and spacious rooms and quite a laid back and relaxed atmosphere. The shower in our room was over the bath which is not an issue however, the flow of water was dire, basically trickled out. This really does need to be looked at. The air conditioning unit broke down and flooded the floor underneath next to the bed and my husband slipped as unaware there was water on the floor. Reported the issue early morning and when we got back after being out all day it was still not sorted which resulted in us spending an inordinate amount of time to get sorted and finally got resolved at 10pm. The room was adequate but felt cluttered. In the bedroom there were two queen size beds which filled the room and made it tight for space. The bathroom quite small but adequate apart from the shower. The kitchen set up for self catering but not at all well equipped, for example no washing up bowl, only saucepans and a frying pan available so unable to cook a meal in the oven. No plastic bowls for mixing or measuring; is this intentional to encourage the restaurant on sight? The living room not well equipped, table and two chairs stuck in front of the cooker, the sofas and chairs rather uncomfortable nor suitable. The furniture on the balcony very uncomfortable and we found problematic, i.e could not sit there in comfort. The staff all seemed very remote and off hand and gave you the impression that they would prefer not to speak to you. Our one breakfast experience on the first morning was a soulless experience. The staff couldn’t either smile or even acknowledge your existence; very poor and over priced food.

The noise from the rood was continuous with the constant revving and accelerating of engines almost 24 hours a day.

Date of stay: March 2023
1  Thank lizgZ7378HO
Reviewed 28 February 2023

Everyone was super friendly and helpful, the best part of our stay. One bedroom unit, more like a deluxe studio. Kitchen had LP stove, a couple pans, dishes and silverware. Basic but adequate. IGA 5-10 minute walk and needed to buy everything as there was nothing in the unit except a few coffee filters. We thought the restaurant was okay, but expensive. Breakfast was very expensive. Several good restaurants in walking distance and easy to get taxis to others. Short walk to the beach. We purchased day passes at Mt. Cinnamon for US$10 per person for chairs and umbrella. They serve a great lunch there. Splurged on excellent, very expensive dinner at Spice Island on our last night (10% discount for staying at Blue Horizon).

Room tip: Room 15 was Ocean View high up on the hill. Better breeze, quieter.
Date of stay: February 2023
2  Thank Dave F
Reviewed 12 February 2023 via mobile

Maybe I had a pre-conceived idea about Blue Horizons … it wasn’t what I expected.
As I was on my own I booked a Superior Studio and had asked the Virgin Holiday Booking Agent that I’d like to be “high up” as I wanted a view. She had obviously not visited the resort as the Studios are at ground level (nos 5 & 6 seemed to be higher up but weren’t available). This, of course, was NOT the fault of the resort … however I was allocated Studio No 1 which is located alongside the public road and at the open entrance to the resort (not the entrance where the reception is situated). After booking 11 months in advance and being on my own, I expected a better location. I saw “people” wander in the open gate of the resort, look around then wander out. I felt very vulnerable. It took me 8 nights to move accommodation as the resort was full. I finally moved next door to No 2 … anything to get away from the open gate.
However the studios (both of them) was scrupulously clean but the kitchen facilities were very basic and absolutely NOTHING in the way of foodstuffs was provided. I had to wait a week to get an airer on which to hang my washing as they were apparently “all out”. How hard would it have been to allocate an airer to each unit?
Saying all this though the pool area and adjacent restaurant was excellent … although expensive. The cost of food and drink has rocketed in the Caribbean so this expense was not confined to Blue Horizons. It made self catering very expensive. The grounds were superb but I was only asked if I wanted a tour on my last day.
I made the most of my holiday but it could have been so much better if I’d been told of the location of the Studios (I would have booked a one-bedroom unit) and if I’d not been allocated probably the Studio in the worst location on the resort.

Room tip: Avoid studio no. 1
Date of stay: February 2023