Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$55
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Bottom line is that this is not a luxurious Westin or Oriental, they are all simple cabins with dated furniture but beautiful and romantic.

I made reservations and back the Sabana Tour train drop us off in La Caro. From there we walked about 2-3 km along the highway (we probably shouldn't have done that) to the hotel. Rang the bell at the gate and them staff cleaning a cabin saw us but I guess ignored us because we weren't in a car. Finally a guard came even though I told him I had a reservation he kept me on the other side of the gate until he verified, a process that took about 5 minutes because he's probably illiterate.

Once I got in they took me to the cabin and offered to give me another if I wanted, looked fine to me though the furniture was very dated. From what I understand the cabins come in three prices ranges, the top one having a kitchen, I took a mid range cabin. Had a fireplace, tub, small table to eat at, a real old sofa where you sink to the floor, old cable TV, old bed and a portable heater that was messed up.

What we loved about it is that we felt secluded and the place was gorgeous. No extra charges for room service and food was good though a big expensive by Colombian standards. My wife had fettuccini and I had Ajiaco each about COP 19,000. They have a mini bar that doesn't have jacked up prices. The original plan was to get a cab to take us to Andres Carne de Res in Chía but we decided to stay in since my wife fell in love with the place. The driver they use would have charged us 25k to Andrés. Didn't have water but they fixed that in a few minutes. They also came to the room to light the fireplace.

For breakfast no one else was around so they took us to the small dining room and lit up the fireplace. Very nice and cozy but again, expensive by Colombian standards my eggs, arepa, hot chocolate and roll cost 19,000.

To get back by Bogota I could have crossed the highway and hailed a bus but we were in a hurry to get to the flea market so we used their car service. The driver charged me 55k in a nice SUV to take us to northern Bogotá (Call 150, Carrera7a) which is pretty decent.

The price for one night not including food was 195,000 or about $100. My wife wants to go back.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jafo19D
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This place was absolutey lovely. Nestled in the mountains a bit north of Bogota Colombia. The cabanas have a real old world charm. The food was excellent and the room service was superb. My new wife and I stayed in one of the bridal units. I really can not comment on the price as the stay was a wedding gift.
Whatever the cost is, it is well worth it! If you are looking for a place near Bogota away from the city with crisp clean air and a view of the stars at night, this it!

Date of stay: February 2014
Reviewed 3 November 2012

very secure, armed guards at night etc. good for exploring chia which is a wonderful place in itself. helpful staff and a rustic atmosphere. i did find it could get a little cold at night, but other than that i really enjoyed it. it is close to the motorway but i found this an unexpected bonus as i was driving and it just made everything really easy, i used to love coming up to the compound gates at night and beeping the horn and watching the guards appear and open the gate, there was just something very cool about it. if you dont speak spanish at least remember the word 'chimenea' as saying this down the phone to reception will produce a man with firewood and a can of petrol who will come and start a crackling fire in the villa for you. very atmospheric.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We booked the hotel to have a get a way weekend from bogota. We came at 10:00pm and the service was pretty ok in the reception. We were disappointed as we found out that we had paid for a villa which was not located inthe old town.

The villa is placed a few meters away from the highway and it's really loud. You can hear every car that passes by.... It was not a pleasant night

The heat and sound of the fire place was nice and helped to get some sleep.... But at 07:00 am we were awaken due the noise of the passing vehicles

Breakfast was fine, so is was service.

Date of stay: September 2011
2  Thank Fcaicedo
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Stayed for one night as we wanted to go to Carne de Res. Unfortunately we were there on a Tuesdy night when it was shut. Carlos however, one of the owners was fantastic. He tpok us out to get dinner in town and show us some of the sights and then the next day he offered to take us to the airport for our flight which is over an hours drive, all included in the room rate. Overall fantastic service. Will stay there again when we return to Colombia.

Date of stay: April 2010