Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$55
TripadvisorUS$55
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This place was absolutey lovely. Nestled in the mountains a bit north of Bogota Colombia. The cabanas have a real old world charm. The food was excellent and the room service was superb. My new wife and I stayed in one of the bridal units. I really can not comment on the price as the stay was a wedding gift.
Whatever the cost is, it is well worth it! If you are looking for a place near Bogota away from the city with crisp clean air and a view of the stars at night, this it!

Date of stay: February 2014
Reviewed 3 November 2012

very secure, armed guards at night etc. good for exploring chia which is a wonderful place in itself. helpful staff and a rustic atmosphere. i did find it could get a little cold at night, but other than that i really enjoyed it. it is close to the motorway but i found this an unexpected bonus as i was driving and it just made everything really easy, i used to love coming up to the compound gates at night and beeping the horn and watching the guards appear and open the gate, there was just something very cool about it. if you dont speak spanish at least remember the word 'chimenea' as saying this down the phone to reception will produce a man with firewood and a can of petrol who will come and start a crackling fire in the villa for you. very atmospheric.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We booked the hotel to have a get a way weekend from bogota. We came at 10:00pm and the service was pretty ok in the reception. We were disappointed as we found out that we had paid for a villa which was not located inthe old town.

The villa is placed a few meters away from the highway and it's really loud. You can hear every car that passes by.... It was not a pleasant night

The heat and sound of the fire place was nice and helped to get some sleep.... But at 07:00 am we were awaken due the noise of the passing vehicles

Breakfast was fine, so is was service.

Date of stay: September 2011
2  Thank Fcaicedo
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Stayed for one night as we wanted to go to Carne de Res. Unfortunately we were there on a Tuesdy night when it was shut. Carlos however, one of the owners was fantastic. He tpok us out to get dinner in town and show us some of the sights and then the next day he offered to take us to the airport for our flight which is over an hours drive, all included in the room rate. Overall fantastic service. Will stay there again when we return to Colombia.

Date of stay: April 2010
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Did I forget to say NO BUGS! Ok, I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the country and the warm polite people of Colombia. Everything else was simply icing on a marvelous cake. The weather is remarkably cool for an area so close to the equator, I was there in August and never saw the temperature get to 80F and the locals say it never drops below 40F. The altitude is about 8000ft keeping the temps down and the air crisp and clean. I came from north east of Atlanta, Georgia where the temps were in the 90's F and the mosquitos were upon you like a crow on a june bug! The entire week in Chia I forgot what a mosquito looked like and was not even annoyed by flys though the Pueblita is across a dirt road from a pasture with cattle grazing.
After getting a bit of culture shock and fumbling a bit with my 35 year old high school spanish I soon found life on LST (Latino Standard Time) was very nice. LST is more an attitude than a way of keeping time. Time of day is more of a concept or suggestion than a rigid master. It took me a while but I got used to the regularity of meals and activities and was able to let go of the clock.
Speaking of meals, if you're looking for spicy fare you had best bring your oown spice. Picante is not served in the way I was used to and was missing my hot Mexican peppers but all of the food was prepared from the freshest ingredients with the side of 1/4 avocado (big green ones) always there. The plating was on century old crockery and baskets, meats were grilled over large iron grills and hardwood charcoal. YUMMMMY.
Drinks were chilled fruit juice, no ice with some sodas also available, Coffee and hot cocoa and Hot cream were available each morning at the kitchen.
My friends and I will be going back in June this year and we just can't wait!

Date of stay: August 2009