“Great Osteria in La Morra”

L'Osteria del Vignaiolo
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in La Morra
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at this Osteria during truffle season. We had wonderful experience. The atmosphere is casual, but cozy. The service is kind. The dishes were excellent, very well representing local cuisine (which I think is incredible). Great wines by the glass, including Barolo and Barbaresco. Wonderful desserts. Cost is fair.
Reservation at weekends strongly recommended.
I miss La Morra, I miss this place! Will certainly return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We had a dinner here and it was awesome. Very local feel to it despite being in a somewhat touristy area. The food and wine were just awesome! Service was excellent too. Don't miss it in La Morra.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Beautifully prepared food, reasonable prices, fine wines, complimentary extras and a warm but sheltered outdoor terrace make this an ideal spot for that leisurely lunch on a sunny day in-between winery visits or whatever. A great place to sample the local wines with fine food before toddling off to the producer to buy a case. But get in here early or book ahead as there are plenty of locals from Santa Maria to Switzerland with the same idea.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Brilliant selection of traditional dishes elevated with refined flavour combinations. 4 course menu under 40E. Excellent local wine recommendation - we went straight on to the producer to take 6 more! All in 100E for two. Very efficient service. Book well in advance - we tried to come back this weekend and all booked out (Truffle season). Rabbit starter was favourite, ravioli in green sauce divine. Amazing pannacotta, no really, not same as ever before. We will be back.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch after visiting local vineyards on a Tuesday afternoon. I was able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. The service was very efficient and everyone worked as a team. The food presentation was wonderful and well paced. I had a local glass of Barola with my pasta choice of ravioli. My main course was the star of the show as the stracotto al Nebbiolo. The tender veal steak with the wine reduction was bursting with great flavor. The accompanying vegetables and potato were well prepared and nothing was left on the plate. I opted for a second glass of wine for my dessert but I saw many others eat a variety of choices and they looked wonderful. I will be back.

1  Thank Bjkirch