Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mark K
Auckland Central, New Zealand

Treat yourself

Review of God's Old house
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Mar 2017via mobile
As soon as I saw the advertisement for Gods Old House there was not going to be any stopping me. I am walking the Alps 2 Ocean cycle trail and fortunately Windsor is an easy days walk from Oamaru. As I walked in the gate Carol and Roger were there to greet me and the hospitality continued until I left the next morning. I hadn't arranged a meal but they graciously fed me a superb dinner with dessert and my choice of breakfast in the morning. Although it was only me, the old church will comfortably accommodate a group. The facilities are excellent as are the gardens. It was southern hospitality at its best and I would love to go back in the future with friends and family.
Date of stay: March 2017
Sunrise at The Vicarage
    $279
  • Booking.com
View more hotels in Windsor
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

So. I went on a short bike ride with Lee for lunch. 15 k to this place for lunch. 15k home. Easy peasey. Not. 22 ks to a place called Windsor where everything was shut, if there was a place we couldn't find it. After 15 k I had slightly hit the wall and my legs slowed down big time. In kicks southern hospitality. Roger and Carolyn at God's old house, a beautifully converted church and accommodation place offered... 1st nuts for Lee to bring back to me and 2nd made us both a lovely omelette and cup of tea for our journey back. They had no eftpos, we foolishly had no cash. Roger and Carolyn said... no worries. Speechless. Tough trip back to Oamaru for me. Cider and chippies at the Scott Brewery. End note. We will stay in the old church Friday and pay back some of the southern hospitality. Well done God's old house.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

The 'Gods Old House' was once a church and has been transformed into accommodation. Roger and Carolyn have done a superb job with the changes and have kept many of the characteristics of the church. I loved it! There are 3 separate bedrooms (the master on a mezzanine), with open plan lounge, dining and kitchen. The bathroom is lovely too but one of the highlights is the spa under cover in a container. It looks great. Roger and Carolyn are the perfect hosts and made me feel very welcome! The church is situated on the Alps2Ocean Cycle Trail in Windsor. Thanks guys and good luck!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2016

We stayed here on our last night of the Alps to Ocean. What a great way to finish. The church has been done up absolutely beautifully. We were warmly welcomed by Roger and Carolyn with a glass of fruit juice followed by a lovely platter. We then relaxed in the spa pool while our hosts got our dinner ready. A lovely home cooked meal and the dishes were taken away afterwards so no cleaning up for us to do. Next morning a cooked breakfast delivered to us at a time to suit our departure. Highly recommend anyone wanting to stay somewhere that is in a peaceful setting with great hosts.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2016

The overall experience here is superb. The accomdation is very unique and great hosts.
The food was amazing, definitely restaurant standard. This is a must do on the alps 2 ocean or even for a quiet weekend away. We had such a brilliant time here it is the best place I've stayed for years, the accomdation, food and overall service was faultless and it's definitely underpriced.

You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

This is a great place to stay...comfortable, beautiful peaceful setting and great hosts. I took my 90 year old Mum here for her birthday. Roger and Carolyn really made her birthday special for her. Our dinner and breakfast were both great meals and perfectly suited for Mum and the occasion.
Everything is high quality ..from the beds and linen to the china and the service from the hosts could not be better. A great place for a special occasion or a getaway break. Perfect for one or 2 couples or a family or a groupbof cyclists.
I will be back! Thank you Roger and Carolyn for making Mums day.

Date of stay: March 2016