• Bar/Lounge
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We have spent our honey moon in the hotel. One of the best hotel I have ever stayed. Very clean, beautiful location and very kind staff. Only disadvantage of the hotel is everything in German and unfortunately we do not speak the language. But the hotel staff were very helpful. Specially the waitress in the restaurant. They explained us what the meals contain as my wife has some food allergy. One of the waitress called Evelyn from the next day even got the menu translated into English for us. We really appreciated it! And an other waitress called Anita has smiled all the time what made us happier too. These small gestures makes a hotel outstanding felt like in a family. Well done team Almdorf! I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
almdorf, Manager at Almdorf Reiteralm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Janos,
thank you very much for your message.
We are more than happy that we could help making your honeymoon beautiful.
As you mentioned we do our best to make our guests feeling like home and are very satisfied that you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again. :-)
Best regards
The Unterkofler family & the Almdorf team

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed in one of the huts for a 7 day family skiing holiday. We had a brilliant time and were able to ski home from the mountain right to our door at the end of each day. The timber huts are lovely and all include a Nespresso coffee pod machine, open fireplace, sauna room and an outdoor spa bath. The only thing the huts lack is a washing machine so we had to hand-wash everyday which was a bit annoying. Nevertheless, our clothing dried quickly as the huts are well heated/insulated. We dined in the restaurant each evening. The food was good and not too over-priced. I recommend a 'Hugo' spritzer with your dinner. A refreshing drink after a days skiing/hiking. The reception also has a little shop where you can buy the basics such as milk, wine, ice cream, coffee pods etc. There is also a skidoo service that leaves each morning at 0930 to take you up to the mountain (2 kilometres) but it costs €6 per person one way. The skidoo can bring you back at 1600 for the same price but you can ski home for free in the same amount of time.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Hi all,
I stayed here twice already. Both times with family. It's great to stay in one of the chalets with family or friends as everyone is in close proximity. You can prepare food together, eat and play games on the big dining room table and enjoy a nice sauna all in the comforts of your house. There is a service to get fresh bread in the morning and some chalets even have whirpools on the terasse. The chalets themselves are very spacious and everything is made of wood which gives it a very homey flair.

The major downside I experienced is the transparency of prices. Even though the sledding route is right next to the hotel compound, a skidoo brings you up to the nearest hut so you can sled down, back to your house. When reserving seats in order to be brought up, not once did the reception mention you have to pay for this service. Only at the end of our stay were we confronted with a bill of 12 euro per person. Even though I find this expensive, I would have still made use of this service, but still I would have liked to be informed of the costs before hand.

All in all this is a great place and I would recommend it to anybody who wants to spend quality time with their family and/or friends.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This amazing hotel is tucked away in the Alps by the Hoher Dachstein Glacier in the Apls. We stayed in one of the new cabins that hold up to 16 people. The cabin has a hot tub and a sauna. The kitchen and living room have enough seats for everyone. It is warmly decorated and has very comfortable beds. The bedrooms and beautiful and rustic Each of the bathrooms has its own shower and bathroom. The views from each of the rooms are amazing! Looking out of your bedroom at the glacier is something I could do over and over. There are various sized cabins on the site. People were grilling outdoors and enjoying the wonderful weather. There were many activities for children on the site. I was surprised there weren't more Americans at this hotel (one of the owners told me about 1% of their clients are American). The breakfast was wonderful! The staff was so friendly! I would highly recommend this hotel for every season. The hiking trails are wonderful. There is a ski hill right by the cabin we stayed in. Every inch of this place is pure class!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank beargoad
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I love hotels / chlets on the ski slopes and Almdorf is worth every penny. Reiteralm is fun to ski, the hotel is good and comfortable but if you can, get a chalet. They are extremely comfortable, you have your own sauna, big living room & perfectly equiped kitchen. The drive up to the Alm is usually not an issue. In the evenings you can drive up to Hochalm with Ski-Doos and slide down, great fun... P.S. Try Haselnussgeist there :)!

• Stayed: January 2013