See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights during the 3rd week of June this year (2018), while on a week long motorbike trip of the Alps. It's a very comfortable hotel and cafe. The hotel has a separate restaurant from the cafe and both are very nice. The food was great and plentiful and the family that owns the place went out of their way to be kind and generous. I would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014

good hotel, wide and clean room with comfortable armchair and sittings. The bed was very good and I slept very well. Very large bathroom. The breakfast was standard continental, the staff is not as friendly as in other places. looks like a business hotel, it is not in the right place in this very nice and touristic valley

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank alfonso p
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The staff here were excellent. I arrived on Saturday in the middle of heat wave and AirCanada had delayed my bags. Having being in the same clothes for 3 days, the staff brought me a t-shirt and swimsuit for me to go and get cooled down.
I included a food plan. What a great decision. The food and service was excellent. The room had a nice balcony.
The wellness center was very nice and surprisingly not well used. The showers were great and it was so nice after a long day of cycling to unwind in the chairs.

Room tip: My room faced the back of the hotel - Room 102, could hear birds. It is nice quiet location Rooms at the front face the road, but had shutters.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Wayne_Cga_12
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed Sept 3-11 as part of a bike tour. Central location to Drau and Glockner bike paths. Room comfortable, food good. Carpets worn. Were issued a towel with a 2" hole. Our bike tour information book said we would receive the National park Carinthia card on registration which we did not despite showing the info book. Finally received it on day three too late to take advantage of the Millstater See boat on the first days bike ride. We stayed two extra days and on checkout we tried to pay by Visa. We were at first told that our card was not working despite the fact it had worked fine at other venues. We were asked to pay cash, after our refusal a young person appeared who said they had trouble with their card reader and did get the card to work. This all took some 20 minutes and was very frustraing. It was a good thing we were not on the way to catch a train!

Room tip: Small quiet village so I would think any room would be good
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

The staff here were very friendly and helpful, it was a family set-up and this really added to the charm. The food was great, a decent choice of food at breakfast, afternoon coffee and cake and an excellent evening menu. The Kaernten card that you get given (in summer season) means many of the local attractions are free.

Date of stay: September 2009