Review Highlights
Surprising guy - surprising tour

Yussuf was very knowledgeable - easy to talk to and friendly. Everything was taken care of and the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Frakke155
Reliable, Friendly, Knowledgable Tour Guide

We contacted Yussuf after reading reviews on this site and were not disappointed at all. We booked... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from US$129.00
from US$40.00
from US$25.00
More Info
All reviews his brother jozani forest great guide stone town and prison island memorable trip nungwi beach swim with the dolphins main sights spice farm asante sana rock restaurant short notice thank you very much through tripadvisor rich history always on time forodhani gardens
Reviewed 11 November 2015

We had an amazing time with Yussuf. We hit it off from the moment he picked us up from the airport. Pleasing a group of 7 women with different tastes is no mean feat but this amazingly humble guy took it all in his stride and we all unanimously agreed he was the best decision for our trip. He is very knowledgeable about the Zanzibar area and it was great to have him translate for us too! Our tour of Stone town was full of humor and interesting anecdotes as well as very valuable history of the town and the area. The Spice tour was an eye opener and quite a pleasant surprise. not at all what i had imagined it to be. My most memorable tour and most treasured was going out to Safari Blue. It rained on the way there and Yussuf, who had appointed himself guardian and protector of this brood of ladies, went out of his way to make sure we were well covered from the wind and the driving rain. The seafood lunch he organised was one of the best no frills meals i have had in a long time! And oh! playing in the sand was the epitome of bliss, the child in me came out in full force, lol! I recommend Yussuf to anyone who is going out to Zanzibar. He is flexible and understanding and will go out of his way to ensure you get the most out of your trip to this beautiful little paradise called Zanzibar. And to cap it all, his prices are madly reasonable. We were aghast when we realised some of the guests we stayed with at our resort had paid twice and sometimes three times what we had paid for the tours.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Tendaied
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

I found Yussuf via Trip Advisor and got in touch with him for our trip to Zanzibar. My 6 friends and I did the 4 day pacakage and it was amazing! The people that Yussuf works with are very friendly (Mr Spice, Mr Fruit Salad etc) Yussuf is super patient and he goes above and beyond what you expect. From the time we landed in Zanzibar to the time we got back to Johannesburg, Yussuf was constantly checking up on us. Not once did he lose his patience (it was a group of 7 highly opinionated ladies). We saw the dolphins, the monkeys, checked out the coral, ate lobster, saw giant turtles, swam in the ocean, partied, whatever we needed Yussuf provided.

Thank you Yussuf for a lovely week.

If you need a tour guide, Yussuf will sort you out very well!

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank ChiedzaChikoto
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Yussef introduced himself to my wife and i via his sense of humour, and we were immediately taken with his calm and courteous manner and his friendly smile. We admit we are hard to please, as we dont always like to do the things that everyone normally does, but Yussef accommodated our requests easily and helped us tour Stone Town to see what we wanted to see and avoid some of the cliched destinations. He is knowledgeable, considerate, and well connected to ensure you really get what you want.
We wanted to hire a motorbike, and Yussef not only personally took us to see the bike,which again, was a little above the average as i wanted a bigger off road bike so my wife and i could see the island on our own, but he also personally took us through the process of getting a permit, which at a later check point, proved invaluable.
The bike didnt miss a beat, and combined with Yussef, they contributed to what was absolutely one of the best holidays we have had.
We will go back to Zanzibar and we will not hesitate to contact Yussef again; I cannot recommend this hard working family man highly enough, and by the way his little daughter is gorgeous...

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank phil g
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Exceed our expectations! Yousef picked us up in the hotel and took us to all major attractions in the island. The trip was well planed and enjoyable.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Dror G
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Yussef was an outstanding tour guide and I have since recommended him to quite a few people/travelers, all who have been more than satisfied with his professional and friendly touring services. I personally took a tour of Stone Town and was delighted by the conversations we had, sights we saw, and history of the place. Yussef was very patient and I never felt rushed to move on to the next thing or any pressure to buy things at stores we stopped at. Yussef is extremely knowledgeable about Stone Town and Zanzibar as a whole. I would highly recommend using him from a tour of any time - Stone Town or otherwise on Zanzibar. The price is more than fair and the service worth it and then some!!!

Date of experience: July 2015