Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Friendly Taxi & Tours
from US$112.83
More Info
All reviews hakuna matata always on time his team tells great stories traveling solo fare price great friendly service his partner stone town his face human being amazing guy airport pick visit zanzibar learn something through tripadvisor big heart
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very good driver. Very friendly. Quickly answer the whatsap. Broad car and comfortable. Very competitive prices. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really good and reliable driver, as well as very friendly and helpful. We would choose him again, if we return to Zanzibar.

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

Lukman and his team really live up to their name by providing friendly taxi services. I arrived in Zanzibar and decide on a last minute tour of Stone Town, which Lukman arranged for me in a matter of minutes. I will recommend their services to my friends travelling to Zanzibar!

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Lukman was GREAT. I always appreciate great energy and he had GREAT energy. We turned a simple ride to Kendwa Beach for a tattoo appointment into a driving and talking tour. I learned a lot about the different parts of Zanzibar, and very soon we were chatting like old friends. We stopped for a fresh coconut on the side of the road, which made me feel like a local. When my appointment was done, he was ready and waiting to bring me home. If and when I return, I will call him first!!

Reviewed 3 August 2021

If you plan to spend a vacation in Zanzibar, you should find out how to get from one place to another (for example, from the airport to the hotel and back) in the best, most comfortable way possible in advance.

We found Lukman via TripAdvisor, as he was the best rated driver there for Zanzibar. I booked him in advance from Germany for the trip from the airport to the hotel (or back to the airport, at the end of the trip). The booking and online payment were extremely easy and from then on we were in contact via WhatsApp to work out further details and stay in touch.

Lukman was already waiting for me and my girlfriend at the airport with a sign with my name on it, and he helped me exchange euros for Tanzanian shillings at a good rate. On the way to the hotel, he explained street names and places of interest at the roadside and already taught us our first words in Swahili. To my shame, I forgot to tip him at the end of the trip (but of course remembered to do so on the way back). Pay the man, he deserves it....

Now, you should think one step further than just transportation: you will certainly not only want to hang out on one of the numerous dream beaches of Zanzibar, do some kiting and buy jewelry and kangas from the Maasai there, right?

No, you want to experience something. You want to see, get to know and really experience the culture, the religion and the people there.

So you will end up searching for somebody for your tours.

Do I think there are many good drivers and tour guides in Zanzibar, because the people there are exceptionally friendly and helpful in general? From my experience: yes.

Do I think that Lukman and his team stand out from this already great bunch of people, because they are not only punctual and reliable, but also extra courteous, humorous and especially communicative and in even might end up as new friends? The answer is very definitely also "yes".

Lukman's team is exceptional indeed. We did four tour days with Ali, Zainab, Arkam, Iddi and Aboubakar:
- Stone Town tour (Abou), Spice Farm tour (Ali) and Cooking Class (Zainab, Arkam and Ali) on one day
- Blue Safari group tour on another day (with Arkam as our driver)
- Stone Town customized day with Ali as guide and Iddi as our driver
- Prison Island and Stone Town with Ali as guide and Arkam as driver on a fourth trip.

Every single trip was exceptional and I will write separate reviews for each one of those. But it was primarily not only WHAT we did, but what an experience our companions made of these tours for us.

Now there are certainly people who can't or don't want to do quite as many tours as we did. So which tours are the most worthwhile for the money?

In our personal opinion, the Cooking Class was one of the best and at the same time most intimate experiences of this holiday. You feel at home with Zainab and are treated as such.

In addition, the relaxed Stone Town tours with Ali were among our highlights, as he actually became a "rafiki" and even my "kaka" over time.

Families and couples who enjoy snorkelling will feel very much at home at Blue Safari. We were able to enjoy the day very much.

So thank you again to Lukman and his team for these priceless moments. We will definitely be back.

Date of experience: July 2021