“Would have given 5 star if only..”

La Vita Italian Restaurant
Ranked #180 of 401 Restaurants in Joondalup
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serving up authentic Italian Food newly renovated & fully licensed venue. Family friendly, event hire & birthdays.
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Came in for dinner one night with my partner. I ordered fettuccini carbonara which was absolutely amazing!! But partner ordered a parmigiana and we were left disappointed. The parmigiana was average at best. Lacking taste and quality in comparison to the quality of other dishes served at this establishment. For starters we had arancini which was good but I wouldn't order again as I feel they lacked flavour also.
I would return again and still recommend to friends with those things in mind. Hopefully their other mains make up for our disappointment!

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Went with a group of friends and had the banquet. The service was ok but the food was cold and tired. It had the feel of being bought from the local supermarket and heated in the microwave. Everyone in the group had similar complaints. Will not be returning.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I had chicken risotto it was a bit like spotto to find chicken. Also not sure about the elderly gentleman playing piano then serving meals maybe the owner ?????

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Ive been here a few times for dinner with my partner. This time we went for a quick wed night meal. The restaurant was pretty empty. Entree was the spicy sausage, pretty average in presentation and the bread was super dry and hard. Saltimbocca was very average which came with dry mash and veggies which looked like they came from a frozen veggie packet. The pork belly was an absolute rip off, small portions, dry and overcooked pork pieces, boring mash and frozen looking veggies on the side again. For what you pay, very poor quality and presentation! We also waited for over an hour for our meals for an empty restaurant. Pretty angry that we paid full prices. Paid and then got asked how our meals were. We were honest and polite to the waitress in giving feedback as it wasnt her fault, and then we find out a chef wasnt even working tonight, just cooks. Well no wonder our meals were so average. So dissappointed in this place and we certainly wont come back again, dont waste your time here, we do not recommend this place!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I visited recently with my family of 4 - 2 parents, adult child 19 yrs and young child 7 years.

Great ambience, friendly staff and amazingly delicious food. Between us we enjoyed Pizza Bianca, Garlic Pizza, Arancini balls, Italian sausage, lasagne, chicken risotto, pork belly, spaghetti Marina with gelato for dessert and liqueur coffee & soy hot chocolate.

La Vita had an extensive menu & good wine & beer list for a fair price with friendly staff. Parking is available on the street (free after 5.30pm) and is only a short walk from the Joondalup train station or the new multitier carpark.

There were a lot of different diners in - families like ours, families with younger children, adults only dinners, romantic dinners & special celebratory events. All of which were catered for easily. I also saw lots of pizza orders completed as takeaways.

I look forward to returning.

Date of visit: March 2016