“Awful service for a not so special meal”

RoyalBeef Wine Bar & Restaurant Grill
Reserve with
RoyalBeef Wine Bar & Restaurant Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 412 Restaurants in Lido di Ostia
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: From 11 to 24 your wine bar and steakhouse your reference on the sea, with all the sympathy and kindness.
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Before ordering the starters, the waiter asked if we wanted wine. Since not all of us wanted the drink (only 5 people out of 20) we were somewhat dubious. The waiter in a condescending tone said: "se volete oltre che portarvi solo l'acqua posso portarvi da mangiare la zuppa con cipolla e una fetta di pane." First of all, I'm not here to take your attitude I'm here to have a good time with my friends. Secondly, I am the customer, and if I want water and not wine you bring me water (which was tap water btw).
Even though the situation was bad enough, it got worse. We ordered and my brother and a friend ordered to separate steaks. After about an hour that everyone else received their meal the same waiter came up and started mouthing off about how we made a mistake in receiving what the other waiters were bringing. Truth was that after the order, he found out that my brother's steak was finished, so he chose on his own another cut, and the waiters didn't bring it because he never wrote the change down.
Awful experience.
P. S. The strikes weren't even that good for the price they charge

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Starters was excellent. Salami, ham, cheese, jam....all was perfect. I love the lamb, best lamb ever. Caramellised vegetables, tasty. Tiramisu was really homemade, not a peace of cake. I recommed ♥️

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 13 December 2016

I had an Excellent fillet steak with green pepper sauce, and a side dish of puntarelle, a typical dish from Rome , great friendly prompt service, nice house wine, reasonable price

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2016

We chanced upon this bar for happy hour not knowing it's attached to Royal beef restaurant. We stayed on for dinner. After a nice Campari cocktail and a locally brewed IPA, The waiter recommended us two Lazio wines and served them by the glass, both were good. We had wild boar shin and black duck leg, both shot locally by waiter's friends. The happy hour deal included 6 fancy morsels of raw seafood and warm house cooked chips. Wish there were more than just two of us to try out more dishes from the extensive menu. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We stayed in Lido di Ostia for 5 days on 6-11 September. In the early evening around 5-6pm we went for a walk to look for a nice place to have a dinner. All of the restaurants offering mainly same dishes for quite similar prices. We went from the main street a bit further and our attention been attract by loud music. We followed it and found this restaurant. Outside on the wall was incredible promotion 10 euro for main (pasta), side dish and dessert as well it includes large glass of wine, water and coffee!!! We popped in and were greeted by very polite and smiling waitress. She accompanied us to a nice table by the glass door so we can enjoy our time. Lucrezia was very attentive, friendly and make our visit special. Food was delicious and in right portions. Few times later on we had steak (15 euro with all above mentioned were included) and once salmon filet (15 euro). In this restaurant you feel like at home, staff and management have individual approach to every customer. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2016