Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews enjoyed our stay fishing trip other guests fantastic stay great hospitality beautiful location many times at reasonable prices track lodge hosts island barrier accommodation deck bay sea
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2020

A small group of us recently stayed at Great Barrier Lodge, our expectations were blown out of the water! The hosts (Angeline, Clive & Jack) were very hospitable and went out of their way to make our stay amazing! We took advantage of the package that Angeline put together this included meals, accommodation, rental vehicles and a half day fishing charter! Would totally recommend this place and we look forward to returning again soon.

Date of stay: October 2020
Angeline Young, Owner at Great Barrier Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Thanks so much Susan. It was wonderful to meet you and the family. It was our pleasure and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

My husband and I came here for dinner at the end of a day exploring the island. The service, food and setting are divine! We had the snapper which was probably just caught. Drinks were plenty. The apple crumble dessert was a wonderful finish. Highly recommend a visit for dinner.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed here the night before heading out on the 3 day Aotea track. Amazing facility with awesome hosts - nothing was too much trouble. Pricing good with perfect breakfast before our tramp. After such a tough time with Covid 19 they went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Highly recommend to anyone wishing to experience the magic of the Barrier.
They can organise everything for you to make your trip memorable.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 28 June 2020 via mobile

Stayed at the Lodge as part of a Great Barrier Island package.
Nothing but great things to say about our hosts / owners, Ange and Clive.
A brilliantly location where we were well looked after. We had a studio unit which was perfectly fine for our stay.
Food was great with plentiful portions.
We managed to catch a few fish which the team were more than happy to cook up for us for dinner.
Can thoroughly recommend a visit to Great Barrier Lodge

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 1 June 2020

I did the Aotea track and was planning on staying at the Green Campsite which is about a 15 minute walk from the lodge and near where you can start the track. Then I saw the weather was going to be horrible and decided to stay here. So glad I did! Ang and Clive are gracious and friendly hosts who have created a vibe which encourages the locals to come visit their fabulous place for dinner. They have great food and a fully stocked bar including craft beer! The showers are hot, the rooms are comfy and many of them have decks which look out onto the beautiful bay. Such a great place. I will be back!! I hope to do kayaking trip along the west coast of the island and will stay at their place when I do!
I took the photos after I spent a night there! The rooms look great when you check in!

Date of stay: May 2020