Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lisa P
Sydney, Australia

Best place to celebrate an Anniversary!

Review of Warwick Fiji
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Apr 2024
Perfect in every way.
We were celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary as we stayed here in 1989 for our Honeymoon when it was then known as the Hyatt Regency.
The staff are simply AMAZING !

We celebrated with an amazing dinner at the Wicked Walu and was surprised by the staff with the most beautiful serenade of the Fijian Anniversary song, along with a cake.

We stayed in the Suva wing and our room was awesome.
Very comfy bed and big bathroom.

Big shout out to Rosa & Motu on the front desk, nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out of their way to ensure our stay was special from start to finish.
Vinaka x
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Mereisi Makutu, Owner at Warwick Fiji, responded to this review
Responded 4 weeks ago
Bula and a warm greeting from Warwick Fiji Resorts,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Warwick Fiji Resorts. We are delighted to hear that you loved every aspect of your stay, from the warm and positive welcome during your stay. Your plan to celebrate your 35th Wedding Anniversary to our resorts was amazing & to welcome you back since 1989. Thank you for being our loyal guest and sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor review.

We truly appreciate your recognition of our dedicated team members. Rosa & Motu at the Front Desk with their exceptional individuals they consistently go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a memorable stay. We will make sure to pass along your appreciation to them.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Fiji.

• Trip.com
2.2 km from Warwick Fiji
    $346
11.2 km from Warwick Fiji
Pool
Awesome getaway - the definition of serenity
  • Vio.com
    $372
5.8 km from Warwick Fiji
View more hotels in Korolevu
4,307 results
All reviews wicked walu bula brasserie japanese restaurant sunset bar coral coast kids club suva wing fish sea snakes private transfer table tennis tennis courts waterfall tour an ocean view room pool grill relaxing holiday beach towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2024

We have just completed a two night stay at the Warwick and it is my 30th time to Fiji but we are new to this property. Here is my honest review. The resort is situated on a beautiful beach and the grounds are just lovely water is lovely and clear and snorkelling seemed very popular. Our check in was a bit bumpy when the young man asked us what we had paid for the room. I replied aren't you supposed to know that we booked direct with the hotel but we still had to show proof via email of our rate. We were not offered water other people were getting but when we asked it wasn't a problem. One large bottle of water was available in the room daily. We booked the Warwick Club Deluxe King room which the guy didn't seem to realise at first which seemed strage. The room was relatively nice but was a real stretch over the balcony for any view as we were on the back side of the resort. So my suggestion is choose a room with beachfront view or around the pool as they would be lovely. The club consisted of afternoon tea and evening drinks and snacks. The afternoon tea was one cake and a coffee or tea no other choices of food and evening drinks were two hot finger food buffet style it didn't seem like there was much but to be honest the club was pretty quiet so food was fine. The drinks were beer, wine and bubbles and it was not a problem to keep asking for drinks so we had plenty here. If you like your drinks we still found it good value for money. We had one lovely lady on our first night unfortunately I cant remember her name but she had been with the Warwick around 15 years and she was just lovely and very friendly and this really made a difference to the vibe as the gentleman the next night was very quiet. The adults pool was nice and clean and quiet. We ate in the italian restaurant and waited a very long time for two pizzas and they were badly undercooked. The buffet breakfast was plenty to eat but food was a wee bit average however you certainly would not go hungry. My husband organised a birthday song from the staff and it was just beaitufl. From what I could see the kids pool was very busy as it was school hols in Aus/NZ but it did look like they had great activities for kids and families going on and when my kids were younger they would have loved it but as young adults may get a bit bored. The only issue we found was that the resort does not sell bottled water, drinks, food, snacks etc so they are obviously trying to capture you in one of the four restaurants which is understandable but you really should be able to purchase bottled water at the very least. There is a supermarket 5-10 minute drive down the road but you are not really able to walk as the road in has no footpath and quite unsafe with speeding cars so just ensure when you come you are prepared on the way down with snacks and drinks and water or grab a taxi down the road. We had a rental car so this wasn't a problem as it was just a short stay on our way to anothe resort. Overall we did really enjoy our stay and the majority of staff were very nice. The resort itself is in a lovely location right on the beach and well set up but there are definately some aspects that are in need of maintenance and it is showing its age and is not quite the five star standard of the sheratons, sofitels etc in Denerau. It is a good 1.5 hour drive from Nadi with not much around the resort so just bear this in mind if you are comparing places. Thanks Warwick we did enjoy our stay and with a few tweeks and some maintenance I think this could be a great resort.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mereisi Makutu, Owner at Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bula and a warm greeting from Warwick Fiji Resorts,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our resort. We're glad to hear that had an amazing stay with us. We have a team of hardworking people back here and they are what makes the resort! Thank you for your kind acknowledgement and compliments.

However, we're truly sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We apologize your check -in was a bit bumpy, the locations for your room, your experience at the Warwick Club lounge, quality of the food. We appreciate your feedback on the resorts was very nice, we will consider this as we continue to improve our services.

Our resort may not be the most affordable option, but we assure you that we are committed to providing our guests with the best experience possible. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to you.

Thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2024

Hotel has attempted blackmail me into removing my previous review by asking family members to write a statement (who are currently still there for one more night) to remove my review. For complete transparency pic is attached with names removed for privacy. I am now resubmitting my review.

1. See photo attached. I was bitten by insect/insects that were in my bed, each night in my bed. I have more than 40 bites on my limbs, back, neck & torso from a stay of 4 nights. When I asked for the linen to be changed & room to be serviced the housekeeping staff flipped the bedcover sheet over rather than changing it for new linen. The initial marks were on the underside of the top cover. No new sheets provided. Hotel Manager does not believe they are bed bugs/cimex lectularius even though they are ‘common in the tropics’ (sic). Regardless of the type of insect, I was bitten while I slept in the hotel bed. Initially I thought they were mosquito bites. I caught and squashed the bug (beetle like) that bit me and it had a very distinct smell of almond icing. As my granddaughter was sleeping in the bed next to mine. I did not turn the light on to wake her as she stayed up late studying. My only regret is now not taking a photo of the insect. Hotel has indicated the the cleaning staff are highly trained and their contract with Rentokil for pest control is solid. If you were to google pics akin to the bites I received and the distinctive smell you may draw your own conclusions. Hotel believes bed bugs would ‘draw blood’ and this would be evident on the sheets I slept in. I disagree that blood would always be apparent on the sheets.

2. I have visited a Dr on my return to NZ and they have confirmed insect bites on my body. The Drs visit was necessary as the bites became infected quickly and over the counter antihistamine was no longer working. See attached pic. Prescribed antihistamine, antibiotics and topical antibiotic ointment. Dr cost was $140 NZD. Outside normal hours visit and the itchiness became unbearable.

3. We stayed in rooms 216 & 218. They are tired and in need of renovation. Bathrooms in particular need deep cleaning. This hotel advertises itself as 5 star, however is 3 star at absolute best. Hotel aircon is noisy and the room is dark and damp. I did notice some renovations taking place in other parts of hotel.

4. Shortened my stay by 3 days and booked a hotel car to be driven to airport in Nadi. The van allocated to me had a cracked windscreen, engine light was on showing a fault and heat rising up from the floor. I mentioned the faults to the driver and he indicated that it was hot because the carpets had been removed from the vehicle floor. He did continue to check on my comfort level and I was aware that there was another Warrick Hotel Vehicle in front of me should we break down. Near 2 hour ride in discomfort. Hotel shuttle with surcharges cost $180. He was kind enough and polite and was trying his best to allay my concerns. By comparison the local shuttle bus is $20 and they driver will drop you off at the airport on request. In hindsight I would have been safer and more comfortable not using the expensive hotel car.

5. Breakfast Buffet was good. Food quality is not value for money and a burger and fries costs over $40FJD. Hotel has a monopoly to charge these prices as there is nothing else nearby. A very average dinner buffet is around $80.

6. Glass bottom boat has a cracked viewing platform on the aft viewing window of the floor. No safety briefing, nobody checks correct fitting of life jackets prior to boarding the boat and we were taken out in choppy conditions to the reef. Boat driver turned the boat to get a view of the ‘gap’ between the coral reef and two boat occupants (one being me granddaughter aged 18) and a South American female passenger became distressed in the choppy seas. My granddaughter reduced to tears and the other passenger pleaded with the boat driver to go into shore then asking him ‘are you listening’. Safety gear is old and dirty in poor condition and requires replacement or reconditioning (see pic). Boat driver was knowledgeable and polite.

7. Pool area is slippery when wet. Alcohol consumption with children around is debatable. A mum was so drunk she slipped and had to be escorted away with her children. No consideration for drunkenness of adults and children in sane area. Didn’t seem to have host responsibility protocols in place. Pool was cloudy a lot of the time and you could see the consistent slick on the top of the water most likely from sunscreen. Pool closes at 6pm. When is opens in the morning the cloudiness remains and the oil slick is apparent.

8. One positive is that most of the service staff are lovely and kind except one female restaurant worker who rolled her eyes and snapped at me when I misunderstood her spoken English.

9. This will not ever stop me from visiting the Fiji Islands. I spent a lot of my childhood in the Korolevu area and actually my 21st Birthday was at this resort. In those days it was a Hyatt Hotel. My mother is an indigenous local to this area. However, I will bypass this hotel as being tired and substandard and not 5 star as advertised. Hotel staff have since been very kind to my family in light of my complaint and checked on them and have asked if they want to be moved which they have declined. I wonder if this would have happened had I not raised my concerns.

I am not seeking any compensation of tariff as this stay was paid for by other family members and they are happy with their stay. Compensation for Drs visit and unsafe transport to Nadi Airport should be considered by Hotel. I have zero expectation after receiving condescending responses. I have worked in the global travel industry for 28 years (still in the industry) and this is the first time I have committed to a negative hotel review. For reference I stay in hotels at least 10 days per month so have a broad scope for comparison. These family members I travelled with this time travel very rarely.

The hotel have condescendingly but politely thanked me for my feedback but I wonder if anything will change in the next few months. I’d be interested to view other feedback as I see already that mine is consistent with others.

1  Thank Voyager36638249278

Bula and a warm greeting from Warwick Fiji Resorts,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review following your recent stay in our resort. Your comments and concerns raised in regard to our services have been noted accordingly. In your comments that the resorts attempt to blackmail you it is inappropriate to comment thus e-mail has been send & reply back to you in related to the above issues raised here within. Your families they did not encounter any issues during their stay thus they had enjoyed every moment during their stay.

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and assure you that your review has been discussed at length with our respective department heads, where required.

We hope that you will one day return to our shores here at Warwick Fiji, for a much better experience with great memories to cherish.

Reviewed 17 April 2024

We just came back from 8 nights at The Warwick Fiji. A lovely resort with good food, clean rooms, lots of activities, daily entertainment and a wonderfully warm and welcoming atmosphere.

My family and I loved our stay.

The people of Fiji are what make holidays so special and The Warwick was no exception - we left with heavy hearts but also with lifelong friends too - VERY special mentions to Priscilla and Nere in the Japanese Restaurant, Vani and Posita at the ice cream hut, Flora from kids club and our nanny on this trip (you are incredible) and Atelini from the spa who had me floating on air after my total wellness package.

Vinaka Warwick Fiji, we love you and we’ll come home again soon.

Moce

1  Thank Phoebe C

Bula Vinaka & Warm Greetings from Warwick

Great to hear of your enjoyable experiences whilst you were here! We always endeavor to ensure that our valued guests have the most memorable time.

Thank you for also speaking highly of our staffs and their services, they are definitely a team to beat!

We look forward to seeing you all again for more fantastic experiences

Until we meet again, we wish you well.

Reviewed 15 April 2024

First time visiting Fiji and we were happy with our choice of accommodation. The resort has beautiful grounds and views. The staff super friendly and helpful, Rosie at the front desk and Sereana at the Suva Bar went over and above for us during our time.
Ideal for families or couples.
Food choices were good though after trying all we did get cabin fever and wanted to head out for a couple of meals with a 10min drive being the closest.
There are daily activities to suit everyone. Choices of snorkelling, kayaking, and boat trips for those looking.
Pools are lovely. Beach is on your doorstep and plenty of places to just sit in the sun and soak up your surrounds.
Accommodation was clean and comfortable (yes possibly parts are a little dated) but this did not take away from our experience there.
Overall loved our experience and would definitely visit again when in Fiji!
Vinaka Vakalevu to all

Room tip: Plan ahead for activities outside of the resort and factor in travel times and cost
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Bula Vinaka & a Warm Greetings from Warwick Fiji Resorts,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great holiday and that our staff exceeded your expectations. It is our top priority to provide our guests with the best possible service and we are delighted that you found them outstanding.

We appreciate your recommendation of the ideal for families or couple resorts, it's amazing to know you had a wonderful time during your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to our resort soon

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Stunning grounds, warm and friendly staff, relaxed and happy atmosphere. Drink freshly picked coconuts by the pool with a view of the tropical beach. Comfortable rooms with stunning views. Papagallo restaurant a must try. Beautiful staff.

Room tip: Off peak is a good time. Easy to get a pool lounge and swim in anytime. Cleaners and gardeners are always working and very thorough.
Date of stay: April 2024

Bula Vinaka & Greetings from Warwick Fiji Resorts,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our resort on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing stay with us & enjoy the tropical beach, the views & the restaurants as well.

We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.