Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JAY
Sydney, Australia

I DONT THINK IM A RESORT PERSIN

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jan 2024via mobile
It’s Really tough to review this place as there is a lot to mention. Firstly anyone who has never been to fiji before needs to understand that this is a small island in the middle of the South Pacific and basically all supplies need to be shipped in. A lot of staples we take for granted in our local shops are fully imported items here are it makes things quite exxy.

So with that out the way, I will say I have mixed feelings about this trip.

Firstly the accomodation is fine, it’s the typical 5 star fiji resort, I’ve been to a few, the 5 stars given cause it ticks all the amenities boxes not because of how flash the place is. It’s not flash but it’s extremely clean and liveable.

The “beach” out front of the Naviti is not great, it’s murky, dark and un inviting. It’s due the the man
made bay they have which holds all the sediment etc. if you venture 5 mins drive down the road the water is crystal clear on a good day. The first 3 days I was here all water sports were called off due to swarms of jelly fish being blown in with the tide which was no fault of the hotel. I was hoping to do a lot of snorkelling on my own but it’s just not as inviting as other beaches I’ve seen on the coral coast. They have heaps of kayaks and paddle boards so you don’t have to wait too long to get a go but it’s all dependant on the tide, so I’m guessing there are chunks of days where there are just no water activities.

The pool is a good one, it’s large, it’s good for small kids, it has a good gradual depth. It could do with a resurface, it’s rough on the feet and knees, but it’s pretty cool. A lot of people complain it’s hard to get a deck chair but I’ve always been one of those people that wakes up early and reserves a seat before breakfast. You snooze you loose.

I’m not a drinker but the swim up came in handy and wasn’t as bad as I expected. A good mixed crowd of different age groups and races, all friendly and cool although the water is always warmer near the swim up bar! Go figure.

The pool is only open 9am to 6pm which is a bummer but after 300 people have relieved themselves in the pool all day the extra few hours of chlorine over night is appreciated!

Now on this trip I’ve ended up eating 22 buffets, spread between breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s been a very hard slog, it’s just too much food. I understand it’s an individuals decision when to throw in the towel when you’ve eaten enough but it’s just too easy to have a bit more cake or another plate of curry. The temptation is real. Pack your antacid.

Food quality wise, I was more than impressed and truthfully surprised. I eat a lot of fish and each lunch and dinner had a scrumptious fish dish on the menu. I can’t vouch for the carnivores but they had the fish thing down pat and the salad bar, which is a mix of canned and fresh veggies was always workable!

One criticism I will say about the food is about the children’s only buffet. This is on between certain hours only and out of 7 nights we stayed here they had 5 with fish, my kids just won’t eat it. So although I had paid for an all inclusive package, the kids can’t dine at the adults buffet unless they pay extra. It was annoying and a good rort run by the Naviti. Best way to tackle this is just bring heaps of food back from the adults buffet on numerous plates like you’re going to eat but let your kids eat it. There is no way you want to be paying $50+ on a buffet for your kids to eat half a plate of chips and a dinner roll. Don’t know why they just don’t let families eat together. I’m guessing it’s a cash grab more than anything, we weren’t impressed.

The staff are all pretty cool, Noni at activities and Lex the groundskeeper are legends and Lex cut open a couple of fresh coconuts for my kids. Some of the staff are either forgetful or slow and you need to be prepared to wait long periods for things to happen/arrive and / or be prepared to make your order up to three times before you receive a meal or a drink. They are on Fiji time, that’s how it’s rolled for years, just be patient, it’s not like you have anything else to do or anywhere to be!

Overall not a bad place, it’s pretty, has a great sunset going on, great ocean views but it’s a place I’ll never return to. I find the Naviti too isolated, I like to get out and explore, shop and see stuff but it’s so exxy and a hassle here in Fiji. For instance the local taxi. drivers want $20 for a 3-5 min trip up the road. Some surf operators i checked out wanted $150 for a short trip to a reef. It’s not really good value.

Anyways, I did end up relaxing, but it almost felt that I could’ve joined my local council swimming pool and went there everyday for a week and saved myself a wallet full of cash with the same outcome. Just felt like the only daily option was to sit in the pool all day and dread the next buffet …then repeat. Sort of got over it really quick.

Two hot tips
1. get the all inclusive package or you will be unpleasantly surprised as many people are the first time they see a menu when they arrive but didn’t fork out for the inclusive package. It’s expensive here!
2. make sure you check your bill every few days at reception. I heard countless stories of people having items on their bills they didn’t order. We had a stack of coffees on ours but none of us drink coffee. We also got stung $240 for not returning towels by 6pm. We got promised twice that this had been removed from our bill but on checkout it was still on it. I also bumped into a family who had been having there meals added to the bill yet they payed for an all inclusive, so check your account thoroughly. You really need to be on top of it.

It’s Hard for me to give it a rating seeing there are lots of pros and cons.

For me it was a 50:50 holiday, was sort of looking forward to going home midway through it.

The Naviti does what it’s meant to do but yeah, apart from the scenery and the people you could do it exactly the same at your local swimming pool but like I’ve outlined that’s just my personal take on it.

Fiji is a stunning place, i do recommend you visit, I’m just not a fan of feeling trapped in a resort!
$418
    $769
15.3 km from The Naviti Resort
View more hotels in Korolevu
3,151 results
All reviews all inclusive package chinese restaurant bamboo terrace talei restaurant kids club pool bar naviti staff blue hut joy spa highly recommend the naviti coral viewing fiji time family holiday sunset cruise inclusive menu the activities desk nightly entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2024

Anna gave me one of the best Massages I’ve ever had in the spa. An hour massage followed by a food scrub and soak.Heavenly.
Overall the resort really suits family’s. Not fancy but great value for families & loads of activities for the kids.

Room tip: The pool gets crowded early and there isn’t enough seats for everyone. Get there early
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jess L
Sakiusa Ratuloaloa, Guest Services / Front Office at The Naviti Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2024

Bula jessIS7316SC.
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor.

It is always a great pleasure to read feedback such as yours. We are very proud to have such a team like ours as we work together in creating amazing and everlasting memories for our guests.

We are certain that the whole team looks forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back at The Naviti Resort.

Reviewed 14 January 2024

My family and I always come back to this beautiful Resort. The people from Naviti are so friendly and kind. Thank you so much for all your attention. Mua is one of the fantastic people around there. The buffet, Grill, Bambo and Italian Restaurant 10/10.
Gracias amigos, amamos estar con ustedes.

Date of stay: December 2023
1  Thank Diana I

Bula dianaiW6648FZ.

Reviewed 13 January 2024

Accommodation: We Stayed in a one-bedroom Villa. Which was closer to the beach. Has a separate Living with a lounge suite and a TV. Super King size Bed with two bed side tables. Interior colours are charm and provides a relaxing environment inside the Villa. Has a powerful ducted cooling system to get fresh soon after coming from burning hot outside. Heaps of storage for your belongings. Bathroom has two vanities with full set of amenities, a shower over bath and a toilet.

Restaurants: Resort has few restaurants, Main Restaurant Which provides buffets for all 3 meals as most of the guests are on ‘All Inclusive’ basis. 3 more Ala carte restaurants where there is a separate menu for ‘All Inclusive’ guests.

Bars: 3 bars in the report with one next to the restaurant, one on top of the that in next level and pool bar. Local alcohol, most of the beverages (non-alcoholic) and 03 mocktails included in All Inclusive package. Cocktails and all foreign alcohol need to be paid but 25% off.

Pool: Has a very big pool with a larger spa pool right next to it.

Activities: There are heaps of activities you can enjoy in this resort. Kayaking, paddle boats, snorkelling, Glass bottom boat coral viewing tours, Sun set cruise,

Golf: There is a Nine-hole Golf Course where All-inclusive guests can use without green fee. Golf balls, cart, buggy and Clubs to be hired at a cost.

There is a private island belongs to the resort where you can walk to it through a bridge

** Note: There were few staff whom we really appreciate for their service. This is a message to the Resort Management. Following staff members are asset for the resort and we felt that is your future. Do not hesitate to give rewards for these nice people. That will be a investment for your Resort.

Tawe: Front Office Manager, who is really helpful and provides great service for the customer

David: Supervisor of Front Office and Reservation.

Vijay: He was the Food and beverages manager for the main restaurant. Does a great job looking after busy restaurant with complying for various customer requirements especially dietary and vegetarian when requested.

Georgy: He was a barman at the bar next to restaurant. Excellent service we experience of him. Really helpful and always smiles. Great service we experienced from him. Really appreciated.

Mua: Bellboy. He was awesome. Really helpful and always happy. Always said that “Fiji Time, No worry, No hurry”

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank goodonyanz

Bula goodonyanz.

Reviewed 7 January 2024

What a beautiful resort. The view and grounds are gorgeous.
A 2 hour drive from the airport and nothing within walking distance.
We had villa 710, close to the pool and beach but still quiet enough to relax. Clean and tidy.
The all inclusive was great as you could either go with the buffet or order from the menu. Buffet is a different theme every night. However if you don't drink alcohol the beverages are limited to fizzy or a couple of mocktails. You can't take the drinks back to your room if you wanted somewhere quiet with shade to enjoy your drink and relax and although it is 1 drink per person that does not happen, so you could be waiting quite a while if at the pool. Not enough staff making drinks.
You have to sign every time you get a meal or drink, this slows service down also. NAVITI, is there a reason why customers can't just sign for items that they are being charged for? Surely you can do your inventory another way say through the till for those on all inclusive. And would save the resort money on the amount of paper being printed...what a waste.

We were also told when we checked in that all restaurants were closed new years eve and if you wanted to eat you had to order the NYE buffet at $99 per adult. This was not good customer service imo, we should have been advised at booking as the all inclusive included that nights dinner. And the meal was the same as every other night. A lot of larger families were not happy.
The activities are catered more for kids, not much there for teenagers. Water sports were good except they don't tell you that you can't use them once the rocks are visible.
There is a small shop on site and people from the village come and set up tables to sell souvenirs, these are different each day and a bit overpriced compared to what we have paid in the past at Jack's.
The pool is great, not too deep although the volleyball net is right in the centre and not only dangerous but annoying. However if you want a sunlounger good luck. Although the sign says not to leave your stuff on one for the whole day people still do, and then go away for hours. The whole week we were there we got a lounger once and just the one. So if we were not actually in the pool we went elsewhere. And people are in the pool way before opening time so seats are gone by 9am.
The resort staff are reasonably friendly, you get a big Bula wherever you go, but that's about it. If you have kids they take more notice of you.
A couple of suggestions for the rooms...blackout curtains would be great, a broom so you can sweep out the sand if needed, teatowels and some hooks outside so you can put up a laundry line to dry your clothes outside.
Some more shaded areas to sit around the resort would be nice.
Overall for an all inclusive resort Naviti is a nice place to go if you just want to relax.

1  Thank Navigate54514576263
Reviewed 3 January 2024

The resort is so beautiful, combined with the most accomodating staff and delicious meals. With a range of activities to do both on and off the land, you will not be bored. The rooms felt very comfortable and had amazing views of the beach. 10/10, would recommend!

Room tip: If sharing a room with friends, keep track of who buys what when dealing with room tabs.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lily M
Sakiusa Ratuloaloa, Guest Services / Front Office at The Naviti Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2024

Bula liymB5017BT.

Delete Response

697lisamariev
17 Dec 2023
Gorgeous Resort & Staff!
Had a wonderful stay at Naviti Fiji - the facilities were amazing, rooms were super clean and the...
Response published