Lowest prices for your stay
$539
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
3,073 results
All reviews all inclusive package chinese restaurant bamboo terrace talei restaurant kids club pool bar naviti staff blue hut joy spa highly recommend the naviti coral viewing fiji time family holiday sunset cruise inclusive menu the activities desk nightly entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2020

We stayed at the Naviti for a large inter-generational family holiday, comprising of grandparents, Aunties and Uncles, and kids ranging from 1-7. We traveled our 1 1/2 year old daughter who was the youngest of the kids.

I should preface this by saying my partner and I travel regularly with our daughter, however tend to prefer staying in 'airbnb' type accommodation. We have never stayed in a resort and wouldn't have chosen to if not for the rest of the family's wants.

First off the resort is a very long way (2.5 hours with roadwork) from the airport, which was pretty exhausting for us with a toddler after a long flight.

When we arrived they had set up a cot in the ocean front villa we had booked, which was lovely as we went straight to bed. The Villa was very nice if somewhat dated, and the air conditioning worked well. We enjoyed sitting on the deck watching the water while our daughter had her day nap. The hosuekeeping staff were just lovely!

The food at the buffet was unfortunately not very good. I have some dietary requirements and some nights there was only 1 or 2 dishes I could eat. The bar grill was also poor; the vegetable burger had absolutely no taste. My toddler and I essentially lived on chips for the week.

We tried room service once so we could eat on our front deck while our daughter slept, but it took 1.5 hours to arrive and was the wrong order. The room service menu is also very limited.

I got ill at the end of the trip, as did other family members (vomiting, nausea for about 4 days) and we didn't eat anywhere but the resort.

There are two other restaurants, and we ate at the Talei once which was very nice, however it was difficult with a toddler due to the seating times, and one being child free, so we had to eat at the buffet the rest of the time. It would be great if the restaurants offered room service.

There is a kids club, however it is extremely small (it's set up in a hotel room) and kids under 5 need a nanny to accompany them. I felt uncomfortable leaving my daughter with strangers so we did not make use of the kids club. Hopefully with the new kids club being constructed, there will be better facilities in the future.

Honestly, we found ourselves a bit bored on this holiday. There are very few local attractions close to the resort because of its isolated location. Within the resort, there is very little to do with toddlers. There is no playground area, and the beach is more of a sandy lagoon, not good for swimming or playing.The pool is okay for toddlers as there is a shallow area, but is is absolutely swamped with other children who run around seemingly unsupervised as parents sit by the pool bar. My partner had to pull a drowning child out of the pool on two occasions. The tiles are also very slippery around the pool.

I think this resort targets a different style of holiday maker to us, specifically people who enjoy all you can eat and drink packages, who like to stay and relax within the resort confines, probably with older children. Sorry to my Mother in Law, count us out next time!

Room tip: Pay for a villa if you can
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank VioletKettle
Sakiusa Ratuloaloa, Guest Services / Front Office at The Naviti Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2023

Bula Cxvia
Thank you very much for the time you have taken to share your valuable feedback with us.

Allow me to extend our sincere apologies on behalf of the entire team for the inconveniences you have experienced during your recent stay with us.

Your remarks are appreciated and will be addressed immediately with the involved managers to insure that we take appropriate corrective actions.

Once again thank you very much for giving us the chance to enhance the standards we provide and we do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Vinaka and warm regards ,

Sakiusa Ratuloaloa
Duty Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2020

We recently stayed at the Naviti for the first time. Having travelled to Fiji on many occasions, we were open to somewhere different & the Naviti did NOT disappoint.
This was our first trip as a family with a 4yr old, the resort is spread out, spacious & has lots of open grasses areas for the kids to run around and play.
The room was lovely and had a nice balcony looking out towards the pool area.
The pool is nice and big with a swim up bar, although at the time there was some construction, laying new tiles around the pool, so not all areas were accessible.
The only downfall for us was the food.. there are 3 options at the resort, Bamboo Terrace which is Chinese - highly recommend (although the men must make sure they don’t wear a singlet or they won’t be let in) Tali Restaurant - adults only (we never the got the chance with the little one) and the main restaurant/buffet - this was disappointing, not a huge menu to choose from, no dessert at all & buffet dinner over priced. A bit more variety on the menu would be fantastic!!
There is nightly entertainment which could be updated - not a lot of Fijian culture - seemed to be more Indian which was a let down.
And last the staff.......... as usual with Fiji the staff were amazing and what made the place special.
Minnie - the gentle giant in the dining room, what a pleasure to have met you! Such a genuine, nice guy, always smiling & making sure everyone is attended to. Will never forget his service and smile
Luke & Marika in the bar - knew what we wanted before we could sit down! Always making sure we were well hydrated and looked after.
Male - the loud, yet fun one from activities.. keeping everyone busy throughout the day, will miss the laughs
Ben and the boys - the most beautiful voices you will ever hear, singing all day in the dining room.... bliss
Overall a fantastic time at the Naviti - meals could have been better, great value for money & spacious resort

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your holiday experiences and responses.
Please be assured that your comfort is of outmost importance to us here at the Naviti Resort.

Reviewed 16 February 2020

Came to this resort with my partner, her first time in Fiji, my second.
Driving in the gate the views and welcome from the staff was great!
Our room was tidy with a welcome message on the bed. Most of the staff were amazing and helpful.
Grounds are kept well and clean.

The food and drinks are probably expensive if you don’t get the all inclusive, but not far off Australian prices when you include the exchange rate. Buffets weren’t terrible but choices limited, you are not required to eat the buffet, you can also order a la carte if you wish (also included in all inclusive).

Fine dining restaurant was my favourite by far, great escape from the children staying at the resort.
On valentines, the staff noticeably went out the their way to make the ladies feel special, offering them a flower to put in their hair and pay special attention to make sure their night/dinner was amazing. Throughout our dining experience Poni was so polite, well spoken and made our experience amazing. All of the staff in the fine dining restaurant were great. The live music was also amazing.

Only thing that could have improved the pool area with the amount of children, maybe requiring them to have supervision from their parents when in the pool area as they tend to run amok, as kids do.

They deliver an itinerary the night before listing all the activities for the next day. Which there is always something to do if you are active or willing to partake in activities with people you may not know.

I found the place to be extremely relaxing and pleasant, sure there are areas that could be improved but that’s the same as anywhere.

Many reviewers complain about the travel time from the airport taking a long time, but anyone who was intelligent enough to do some prior research about the country or distance would have had this already in mind.

I have read many reviews about this place bagging it as if it were a 5 star resort in Australia. This is a small island whose people may not be accustomed to the way you expect to be treated. If you want a cheap holiday go to Bali, not all countries are the same.

Be aware, the people run on Fiji time, which means not everything will happen at the snap of your fingers and not everything runs on time. So I’d suggest only booking one activity for the day as they can run over time and allow time for car rides.

Given the opportunity I would absolutely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 February 2020

My partner and I came here for a relaxing holiday, and to enjoy his birthday, and we did exactly that!
I’ve never felt more rested.

Very relaxing, lots of nice seats and hammocks along the beach front to just chill out!
So relaxing, that I wish I could take the Fiji time mentality home with me!

The restaurants were great, my favourite was the Talei. It was phenomenal! Service was wonderful, and the atmosphere was so beautiful with live music the whole time. Poni was such a great waiter! He made us feel so welcome and every time we went there (we went a few times because it was so nice!) he would continue to deliver great, and genuine customer service !

I cannot stress how much I loved this place.
There was a lot of kids, but I can understand that families like to go on holidays too :)
It was great that they had an adults only restaurant to escape the hustle and bustle of kids playing.

Great free activities were included in the resort like snorkelling and extra daily activities!

The staff by the pool were nice, one especially would always make sure our drinks were full!

The all inclusive deal saved us a lot of money, so I would absolutely recommend! By the time you have lunch, dinner, and want to indulge freely with dessert and drinks by the pool, you easily get your money’s worth!

All in all, I will absolutely be back one day for another holiday. The Naviti is a place for relaxation, and they make you feel like a second family.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jess283884838

Reviewed 16 February 2020

We have just had a awesome time at the Naviti Resort.
Phil has never been overseas so for his first trip we came to Fiji and we have a an awesome 8 days.
The service from all staff was amazing and so welcoming and friendly.
A BIG special thanks must go to the following staff members that made our trip so special.
DJ Les