Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Erin Leigh

Beautiful location and lovely stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Apr 2024via mobile
This resort is beautifully maintained and in a picturesque location. Really close to great sights, would recommend car hire (which can be done through the resort) to see the giant clams, to sua trench, coastal walks and waterfalls. Our room was clean and tidy, really spacious for the price (I think it was a garden view room), and close to the pool and amenities. The restaurant is beautifully located and food was mostly good. Staff behind the bar and at the restaurant were friendly and helpful.

I did find some challenges with booking and getting clear info from the reception staff. I only got booking confirmation after reaching out 3 x times. When we arrived it was quite difficult to get info on booking fishing (offered on website but no longer available), if there was wifi or not (we needed to research a few things after having no reception on Savaii), timings for our transfer that had already been confirmed. There was inconsistency between staff info and what’s online / printed in rooms that need updating. This was a bit frustrating and a real shame because otherwise we found everything was else great.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Recommend hiring a car if staying here which is relatively cheap to do!
Get rewarded with One Key
The lovely pool at Amanaki
20.5 km from Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa
34.0 km from Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Maninoa
All reviews fia fia night harry's bar six nights local village stunning location an ocean view villa ocean front paradise culture samoa apia reef deck ernest snorkel pacific singing
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2024

We stayed at Sinalei Reef Resort for a few nights after a horrible experience at the Tanoa Hotel in Apia. Our initial thoughts were to escape the issues we had at the Tanoa Hotel of Dirty Rooms, Rude staff, Poor Food menus and Rude staff. We had looked on line and reviewed Sinalei as a place we could indulge in before flying back to Fiji on our way back to Sydney. How wrong were we to choose Sinalei. Not only was it triple the price per night but fell way below our expectations. Where do I start on the negatives........We arrived, took an hour for them to check us in, lady that checked us in was pleasant but had no idea on time, we were then handed our Key, they had no electronic keys to rooms, we found our way to a beach bungalow, gardens were nicely manicured but the room was DATED, DATED, very old and in need of a refurbishment, for he prices they charge this was not HIGH END, MORE 2 STAR. Ive travelled the world with my wife and this was below par. Im big on fresh crisp linen but am afraid Sinalei had old duvets, old pillows which you could smell the mustiness of the previous guest, pillows were old, mouldy. Sheets old as well as seemed they had Been there for years on end. Open aired tower was full of mosquitos and at night where you had the lights on in the room attached an array of colourful insects including centrerpedes and millipedes. Pool area was lovely and fresh. Bar service at Uncle Harrys bar was poor, had to go up each time and ask the bar staff to serve you a drink, much of the Time they were playing Island music which was fine but if your paying top dollars you would expect decent service. We at all our meals here, not bad but not fresh either. I had the steak and my partner the fish on our first night, both items were not fresh at all. Took nearly two hours for the mains to come and were were one of three couples dining. Next day we had breakfast and I ordered the eggs scrambled, Im pretty sure the eggs were pre powdered eggs as this did not taste like scrambled eggs. On our last day we met the owner as he said he was, my partner food him very sleezy, elderly chap who took more attention to her then our comments and views on how he could better the resort. Overall a nice setting but rooms need a major upgrade, major as it is not 5 start but more 2 star, service needs a major overhaul as does the POOR FOOD. Dated................and NOT WORTH THE MONEY THEY ARE CHARGING.

Room tip: POOR STANDARDS.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 1 March 2024 via mobile

An intimate resort offering a quiet relaxed atmosphere, beautiful gardens and pool, delicious food and warm Samoan hospitality.

Sinalei Reef Resort has a beautiful beach. It is in a great location close to the major tourist attractions. Te Sua trench, Robert Louis Stevenson Museum, Giant Clam Marine reserve and numerous waterfalls are all within a 40mins drive.

One of the many highlights of our stay for me was dining at the overwater restaurant with 4 turtles swimming around us.

We loved our time at the resort and in Samoa

Date of stay: February 2024
Reviewed 1 February 2024 via mobile

Just returned from spending 5 nights at this resort. It was the low season so very quiet which we enjoyed. We stayed in a Beachfront Villa which had spectacular views and was well appointed. The resort and gardens are beautiful and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner Joe who was engaging and friendly. We would recommend this resort to stay at. Its location on the other side of the island was no problem as we had a hire car and all the places we visited were less than an hour away.

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 13 January 2024 via mobile

Beautiful resort! Wonderful staff. Great restaurant staff. The resort gives this eco
Lodge vibe and somewhat luxurious. Taking down one star because the hotel can do better with regard to details. For example no umbrellas are easily accessible, which makes it easy to get wet. And it for sure rains a lot. Also the bug repellent costs some money which I think should be provided for free for a luxury hotel because there is bugs everywhere. Breakfast is OK. It is continental with very limited options. It is not a resort so no buffet is available. Also the blankets are hard to find so I couldn’t find it in the dark which leads to my next point- the light switches are under the bed so you need to look hard to get some light. The first night I just slept in the dark and used towels as blanket.

The hotel beach area is so amazing a with lots of reef and corals and perfect for swimming. I snorkeled every day! And happy hour 5-7 so it’s great to relax with a beef while watching sunset!

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2023

What a genuinely fabulous place. The grounds are beautifully maintained, the service is excellent, the staff friendly but not intrusive and they get to know you by name. The resort feels small and intimate with a lovely pool area and beachfront. The restaurant food is also excellent. I can also highly recommend the quality of the spa treatments, which take place in little huts open to the breeze and the sound of the ocean; how fabulously relaxing. There is no free Wifi but you can pay for mobile WiFi at a reasonable cost which works well. What made the visit for me though was that the owners genuinely care about their guests. I had issues with a broken mobile phone when I was there and they could not have been kinder, recommending someone who could fix it and arranging lifts into town for me to see to it. I genuinely don't know what I'd have done without their kindness. It's a gem of a place and I highly recommend staying there.

Date of stay: December 2023