Lowest prices for your stay
Go to your Happy Price
Vio.com
ZenHotels.com
$1,859
nifopu
Australia

Paradise

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Apr 2024via mobile
If you want total relaxation within a stunning setting that provides a unique Island feel and hospitality, then look no further. It was so nice to unplug and recharge the senses the natural way. Sun, sand, surf and great food. We stayed in the 2 Bdrm beach villa which led straight out onto the beach. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The decor and lighting really set the tone.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: With most beaches in Samoa it’s advisable to wear reef shoes.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brian Rose, General Manager at Coconuts Beach Club, responded to this review
Responded 12 Apr 2024
Talofa dear guests, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your relaxing holiday in Samoa. We are delighted to know that you had an excellent experience and that you enjoyed our little slice of paradise. We thank you very much for taking the time to write your thoughtful review. All our staff (your new Coconuts family) send you alofa tele (much love), and we hope to see you again sometime in the future. Fa'afetai lava, and tofa soifua!
Hotels.com
Fully refundable
    $134
18.6 km from Coconuts Beach Club
Pool
Path way to tennis court/basket ball court
$325
    $325
19.1 km from Coconuts Beach Club
Pool
Contact accommodation for availability.
31.5 km from Coconuts Beach Club
Beachfront
Contact accommodation for availability.
27.0 km from Coconuts Beach Club
Beachfront
View more hotels in Maninoa
All reviews meal deal meal plan manoa tours pool bar picnic lunch samoan culture waters edge pacific islands paddle boards fale paradise cocktails resort tala apia surfing gear
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 December 2023

Staying next door at Sinalei we missed their fire show and they recommended next door at Coconuts . The day before the show we walked over and had a few drinks and met I think his name was Tony who seemed to be the manager and welcomed us and booked for the following night . While there enjoying some drinks relaxing overlooking the water one of the guests showed us through his overwater bungalow , very nice . The next night we we were met by Tony , had a few drinks + dinner , a huge menu with plenty of choice and then the fire show . Yes sometimes things can be a bit slow but who cares we are in Pacific and the staff were so friendly and welcoming . It amazes me some peoples comments about service at some of these resorts , remember most are not owned by multimillion dollar companies , and they have been affected by covid and the elements . We are on island time so chill out and enjoy this wonderful island . Many thanks for your hospitality Steve .

Room tip: The beachfront bungalows looked nice .
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brian Rose, General Manager at Coconuts Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2023

Talofa Steve, Thank you for checking out Coconuts, and sampling some of our food, drinks and entertainment. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we also appreciate your understanding of the dynamics of a small family run business in a place like Samoa. We hope to see you again in the future. Fa'afetai lava, and manuia le tausaga fou!

Reviewed 20 November 2023 via mobile

Talofa! After leaving Aga Reef Resort and arriving at Coconuts - it was a culture shock. I felt in the first 24 hours that I had arrived in the USA with lost Samoans walking around enforcing "rules". I want to say right off the bat - the resort "way", does not match the Samoan "way". You can physically see in their eyes that they don't want to do things the way they've been told to do them. I will go in to more detail down below (see 6 'Staff').
After speaking about the following fully with the resort GM, and staff, I am writing this review so that YOU, the guest deciding if this is the right place for you, can make an informed decision before going.

We booked 3 nights in an overwater fale (specifically Fale Lina right at the end - THE BEST ONE hands down - OK (front desk staff) did not disappoint - there were many turtles!!), luckily we did get a discount on this room from Brian, however very thankful we did not pay full price as I would have been even more upset than I am.

I want to keep this easy to read so here are my concerns...

1. The Complimentary Breakfast.
3 measly options - Option 1 - a small bowl of cereal, Option 2 - toast and 1 small muffin (this is the continental which seems to be the most popular, but isn't served as it should be due to lack of training for new hires), or Option 3 - 2 tiny croissants - all accompanied by coffee OR tea, and OJ... you have to pay if you want other juice. Nothing accommodating for guests with dietary requirements. I am dairy free - pretty easy to accommodate - and even with the staff being told at check in, and by me every day, they still organised nothing but an extra banana 1 day. I ended up just ordering food off of the menu - which they still messed up with cheese in my. omelette and butter on my toast. Lack of communication and lack of training, mixed with new staff = a very confusing breakfast hour with no structure, routine or flow. The coffee included is NOT iced coffee unless your order coffee with a glass of ice on the side. Or you pay extra for Iced coffee. Confused? We were. Still are. But we got $30WST back - so a win!!
What is meant to happen is far from what is happening, and the GM is now aware of this and will hopefully add more options for other diets. Just be prepared.
The other thing I struggled with (which was rectified at the end when I voiced my many concerns) was the poor selection of said "complimentary' breakfasts. Especially having just come from a resort where we paid half the price, got five times the selection and quality (iced coffee, a la carte breakfast, fruit, and a Samoan porridge - see my AGA REEF review).

2. Overwater Fale.
First off, this was 1 of the only highlights about this stay, the other being the staff - which I will get to, however even as the highlight of the trip it needs a lot of improvement. One of the biggest disappointments (which we read about but thought had been changed) is there is no ladder or steps down in to the water - so ZERO access from the fale - you have to go to the beach to swim. Fale Lina is the most private of the OW Fale's, however with the full sun in the afternoons the AC needs to run on low for the entire time so I don't follow the recommendation of turning it off while you're not in the room - and to housekeeping... please turn it on a couple hours before people are due to check in. Also, no phone to call for anything you may need - housekeeping, food, clean cups, info. The walk to reception isn't too far but it's far enough so a phone would be helpful. Another thing I noticed first off was there was no mini bar options, including the basics of milk and water in the fridge. Paying $900-$1300/night NZD I expect a cold fresh bottle of water, juice, pop, wine, beer, nuts, and some fruit stocked daily. But, no, you must walk to breakfast to hopefully get your 4-5 cut bits of fruit and OJ. The tap water is safe (yes, it says in the book), but good luck getting a cold glass out of the tap. My suggestion is to bring at a minimum 2 water bottles, boil the water, and pop them in the fridge - alternate.
An example of exemplary in room service (and something to think about incorporating here) was when when we stayed at the Yasawa Island Resort & Spa (Fiji), we were asked on arrival to fill out a preference card stating which drinks and snacks we would like stocked daily - this was complimentary for the villa we were staying in (see my Yasawa review), and would be a nice touch for the OW Fale guests.

3. Extra Charges.
We celebrated my birthday while we were at Coconuts, and we were told it would be $300WST to have room service - which included someone setting our table. We didn't want to pay for a fuss, or for someone to lay a tablecloth down with a flower and candle, we just wanted to eat in our room enjoying our balcony over the water at sunset. We did explain we were happy to pay a tray fee but weren't happy to pay the $300WST ON TOP OF the dinner, drinks, and dessert. We've paid for special dinners in romantic set up spots before, but this wasn't one of them - this was at our table IN our room. AKA Room Service.
For Wifi - if you're with ONENZ (as I am) - roam. It's $8 or $9 per day and it works fine. The resort wifi is very expensive as wifi isn't cheap in Samoa - $20WST for 1G and it is very slow - 8-10 insta posts max. LOL

4. Food.
Some items are great, some are terrible. Mika's dishes seem to be the best pick - his special sauce pasta (without anchovies for me) was delicious and my husband loved the coconut I'a fish. Definitely try the Palusami - YUM! My husband and I are foodies, we love eating local flare when we travel - probably another reason we were so disappointed with our breakfasts here. Stay away from the stuffed eggplant, and the Coconut Cobb salad - both very average. As well, the "lobster" is spiny rock lobster aka crayfish.

5. Pool Bar & Activities.
The pool swim up bar wasn't open the entire time we were there (4 days), and was filthy... empty cups/coconuts, and overflowing rubbish. The water activities hut is hit and miss - and again, because there's no phones you can't call to check if someone can help you. It's frequently left unattended even though it's meant to be manned 830-12, and 1-430. The staff that we did find rectified the situation (again) but it would be nice if someone was there more. Also, specifically the snorkel gear needs to be cleaned properly - this is actually a Health & Safety matter. My suggestion is to bring your own snorkel gear as the "best ones" have parts missing and mine was full of gross makeup (ladies, wash your face - you're going in the ocean... fish aren't judging you).

6. Staff.
Most of the staff are really nice and seem to love what they do, but some seem to not be enjoying themselves at work, at all. I feel like this is the heavy influence of the owners son, the Resort Manager Brian.
The restaurant staff are a mix of people who are genuinely warm, there to have a good chat, and make you feel welcome, where as others (especially if you have had to complain about something or send something back due to dietary needs) make you feel like you're a bit of an inconvenience to deal with.
The culture show is well worth going to - this was another highlight of our stay. It was a more personal intimate experience and less showy than other resort nights we've attended. Fire knife dancing was a hit.
The front desk staff will help you if you need anything easy, but will also tell you to "get use to it - its Samoa" if you have any actual concerns. At first this didn't sit well with me, as my "concerns" were quite genuine, and I felt unheard - like they were just there to collect the last dollar in your pocket, but after a lengthy discussion explaining what had been happening since our arrival - one said person in particular, corrected his phrase to say he didn't mean it how it came across, and wanted to try to make things better.
Sio has a great sense of humour and is warm and welcoming from the moment you meet him - thanks for the lift!
Brian, to you, thank you for the discount on the Fale - it was appreciated. I know in the US resorts like this work, however having travelled extensively through the pacific islands - this is not the ideal way to have this resort. The staff would be much happier not trying to squeeze every dollar out of every guest. Less change, more routine, flow and freedom to keep guests happy would go a long way. An example being able to offer apple or pineapple juice if someone doesn't like orange, offering 2 complimentary cocktails for the beach huts, and maybe 2 cocktails with an in room dining night for the overwater fales, having a smaller a la carte menu for breakfast catering to everyones needs, and making espresso the standard when serving coffee - not charging extra for it. I felt a very heavy American influence during my stay, and again, as I said above, felt the resort policies do not come off well from the samoan people. The Samoans we met along the way - prior, and during, seemed to be caring, giving, humble people - not greedy, charge charge, charge, Americans. I know you know what I mean. Your Dad Barry is very highly spoken of by the staff as a good man, and I think you should have a chat with him about the direction this resort could go, as well as getting the staffs input. I don't mean any of this to come across harsh, but the reality is in the review. Speaking to other guests, I am not alone with these feelings - I'm just happy to voice them.
If you've made it to the end of this review, thanks, I'm only trying to help make your experience better than ours was. For us it was just one thing after the other that made our first couple days hard to enjoy. If you do go to this resort thinking "she's just complaining" as we did after reading a few concerning reviews

Lastly, to ALL of the staff who did make our stay more warm and welcome, we thank you! You know who you are!

Room tip: You pay for shuttles and wifi. You’re pretty much guaranteed to “sea” turtles.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Malibu_Barbie_JWM
Brian Rose, General Manager at Coconuts Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2023

Talofa, thank you for being our guests and for taking the time to write your quite thorough review. We value your thoughts and feedback as they are very helpful to both us and to other travelers.
We are very sorry that there were many areas where your experience fell short of expectations, and in some cases where we didn't meet our own goals. Every guest is unique, and as they take in what is happening around them, they create individual concepts which help shape and support the overall story.
Please know that your disappointment is shared by us, but we hope to make some improvements based on your remarks and suggestions. Fa'afetai and tofa soifua.

Reviewed 30 October 2023

We have just arrived from the most relaxing holiday at Coconuts Beach Club Resort. My husband and I stayed here 20 years ago. Its still as great as we remember. The beach and pool are fabulous! Brian and the staff are friendly and helpful. We LOVED the Beach front Fale we were upgraded to, and totally recommend staying in one! There is plenty of activities you can do, from snorkling, paddleboarding to trips out to see the turtles and giant clams.
We were so relaxed we didnt leave the resort, which is VERY unusual for us!
A top trip! We will be back

Room tip: If you are wanting a busy, crowded resort then this isn't the place for you. This will suit people that want a chilled, relaxed time
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Brian Rose, General Manager at Coconuts Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2023

Talofa Tracey, thank you for being our guests again! We always love to see our Returning Nuts, no matter how many years have gone by. We are so happy to know you had a great and relaxing holiday in Samoa. We do appreciate your kind words and wonderful review. All of our staff send alofa tele (much love) to both of you, and we would be honored to see you again. Wishing you Manuia le Kerisimasi. Fa'afetai lava, tofa soifua!

Reviewed 6 September 2023

We stayed here in 2018 and couldn't wait to return. This trip we stayed for 2 weeks, 12 nights in a 1 bedroom beach fale, and 2 nights in an overwater fale.

The rooms are lovely, very spacious with comfortable beds, and separate sitting areas with coffee-making/bar area with a fridge. We spent a lot of our time relaxing on the comfortable furniture on our large deck admiring the view of the beautiful beach and ocean. The fales have air-conditioning and fans which were perfect on the hotter nights. And the insect screens on the windows allow you to have them open day & night, so the breeze keeps the room cool - most nights we didn't use the AC. The fales are built with so much character using timber & stone tiles. The bathrooms are just beautiful! The rock waterfall shower in the 1 bedroom fale was a highlight!

The beach is simply stunning with white sand, azure water and coconut palms swaying in the breeze. We snorkelled with turtles every day! The water is lovely and clear with a current that lets you drift from one end of the resort to the other - perfect for swimming and snorkelling. We hired a car and travelled around the island for a few days, and quickly realized that Coconuts is located on one of the nicest beaches on the island.

The staff at the resort are incredible, from our pick-up at the airport by Sio, to check-in with OK, the beautiful band (sorry, I did not get your names) and all the amazing waiters and waitresses who served us at the stunning restaurant. They are so friendly & welcoming, and can't do enough to make sure your stay is perfect.

A visit to the incredible spa is a must!

The menu is extensive and every meal delicious. We were worried that we might tire of the menu when staying for so long, but this wasn't the case. There are so many dishes to choose from, an extensive drinks and cocktail menu, and dinner specials most nights to keep it interesting. Highly recommend the French Toast for breakfast, and Tuna with Traditional Samoan Vegetables at dinner - superb!

If you are looking for a resort where you can truly unwind, slow down, switch off your devices, be immersed in Samoan culture, in an idyllic setting, then Coconuts is the place for you. It is charming, rustic, romantic, peaceful, and so so relaxing.

Thank you Brian and your team for an amazing holiday. We highly recommend Coconuts Beach Club & Resort. We cannot wait to return and will definitely be back! Fa'afetai.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brian Rose, General Manager at Coconuts Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2023

Talofa lava! It was our pleasure and honor to have both of you stay with us again. We are so happy to know you had a great time, and that you enjoyed all the many things that Coconuts has to offer.

We thank you for taking the time to write such an eloquent and comprehensive review. We consider you part of our Coconuts aiga (family) and your home in Samoa. All of our staff send you alofa tele (much love) and we hope to see you again soon. Until then, fa'afetai lava, and tofa soifua!

Reviewed 3 September 2023

We have just returned from 3 nights in a beachfront fale and 6 nights in an overwater fale at Coconuts which was fantastic. We dined a la carte for all our meals in the beautiful beachfront restaurant where all the staff were lovely and the new staff eager to learn. A must is Coconuts Fia Fia night put on by Samoans from the local village. We saw turtles every day out front and also under our overwater fale. The beach to the far side of the overwater fales was our favourite place for walking and swimming and we would snorkel from there to outside the restaurant.There isn't a lot of coral out front but you can be taken out towards the reef to see more fish or enquire about the tours which offer snorkelling with clams etc
The spa is in a beautiful setting and I enjoyed a couple of relaxing treatments there with the lovely ladies
The lighting at night can be dim so do use your phone light or take a small torch, also good to use at the restaurant for the menu when outside. Also ask for an umbrella to keep in the room in case of unexpected heavy showers to get to the restaurant area
A big thank you to Brian and all his amazing staff and we will be back again to enjoy your beautiful place

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brian Rose, General Manager at Coconuts Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2023

Talofa Jane, thank you for being our guests. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your holiday in Samoa. We are so glad that you had a great time and made the most of all that Coconuts has to offer.
We appreciate your thoughtful review and the tips you gave do offer some good advice to other travelers.
All of our staff send you alofa tele (much love), and we would be honored to have your visit your Coconuts aiga (family) again in the future. Fa'afetai lava, tofa soifua!