Review Highlights
Old and beautiful temple

I haven't seen many temples this style in northern Thailand. It has historical significance and is... read more

Reviewed 13 August 2017
ESLteacher7
Chiang Mai, Thailand
via mobile
Unique Chedi

Reviewed 3 December 2015
JoshShoeString
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Wat Kukut is part of the Wat Chamthewi Temple. It's probably the oldest building in the compound. The chedi is unique as there are many statues standing in the many rows of alcoves.

Truly a quiet wat to visit.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Not many tourists venture here- making it a gem of an off the beaten path must-see temple. Our driver-guide Sart drove around 1.30min outside of Chiang Mai. The unique stuppa -built 1235- is surrounded by 60+ Buddas and was a great diversion from the typical ones we visited all week. We really loved Ku Kut.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Lamphun is famous for its unique Mon-style stupas. This temple, actually called Wat Cham Ma Taevee, has the famed Chedi Kukut. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. There is also another smaller chedi that is of interest too.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 21 March 2015 via mobile

A fantastic site with two ancient monuments. It appears that not many tourists venture to Lamphun but if you are into ancient ruins and in Chiang Mai then this should be on your itinerary. I visited around 11 am and I was the only tourist. My stroll around the temples and grounds was serene. I stayed for around 45 minutes relaxing. When you visit you will know why. My highlight of Chiang Mai.

It is located around 10-12 minutes walk from the museum. When you get to the old city gate within a minute of walking the peak is visible in the distance. Also, it has multiple names, Chamthewi being one.

Reviewed 9 February 2015 via mobile

This little gem is a little off the track but I was determined to finally find it on my most recent tour of Lamphun. Beautiful grounds, Antiquities and low tourist volume together with relatively close proximity to town spells happiness for me! It's west on Thanon Chama Devi just a few clicks or to so 9. If your thing is Temples try not to miss this old relic.