All reviews marco polo airport the bus croissants cold meats hard boiled eggs ham visit venice takes about minutes across the road hotel shuttle buy tickets central venice tv cruise transport supermarket
Reviewed 23 October 2018

This is my first review every written online, i believe in karma so i don't even bother wasting my time with reviews but there is not a rating that fits this hotel. when my mom and I first arrived at this hotel the receptionist told us to leave our bags in the waiting area until our room was ready. when we got back to the hotel and our bags, STUFF WAS STOLEN OUT OF MY SUITCASE. the owner refused to talk to me about it, he would not even come out of the back room to confront the situation. they have false advertisement on the walls that say they have surviellance cameras which they admitted they do not. a side note; this place is not clean at all, the bathroom was disgusting. this place is unsafe. hope this helps someone.

Room tip: unsafe, do not stay here
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank srsheehan14
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I've traveled the world and this is one of my worst hotel experiences ever! Granted, I didn't expect a lot from a 3 star hotel and the only reason I chose it was because it was just for the night and it was close to the airport as I was leaving on a morning flight. They do NOT have a shuttle service to the airport - it is a taxi that costs 30 Euro for a 5 km ride. There is nowhere to exchange currency, so I had to go back into Venice to get more Euro for the cab ride and when I asked the guy at the desk to help me figure out public transportation, he really wasn't very helpful and I had to practically beg him for more information. The final straw came when I went to check out. I was on the 3rd floor and the elevator wasn't working. I came down to ask why it's not working, they just said, "it's not working" and didn't offer to help me carry my 2 bags - one which was very heavy. So I had to drag my luggage down 6 flights of stairs. Definitely won't be using this hotel ever again!

Room tip: Don't book a room on the 3rd floor. Elevator is not reliable.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Kerina R
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Just got back from a 6 day trip, overall was a nice holiday, workers on reception and manager were so friendly and absolutely lovely - they made our holiday. Good AC, rooms cleaned daily, wifi, clean bathroom,fresh towels given, tram stop across the road and easy to get into central venice, and takes atleast half an hour. The food places and supermarkets in surrounding area are cheap compared to central, however not a lot to do around the hotel. Although there was a tv in the rooms, was very small. The beds were okay but the blankets were uncomfortable (i have to have a blanket no matter how hot it is) and should be replaced with something softer ie cotton. Breakfast was okay but very repetitive after a few days and quite limited. Airport half an hour away from hotel. The hotel is worth the money you have paid for.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hhussain2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived early. The stored our bags no problem. Check in was smooth. Rooms adequate. Bathrooms slightly out dated. We had balcony overlooking main road. Was nice in morning. Breakfast good for continental. Staff at desk very helpful. Great wee pub just round the corner.
Only stayed 2 nights before cruise. Hotel was value for money.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The Staff at the Ducale are fantastic. So helpful and very friendly. Nice continental breakfast. Great commute into Venice too with it costing €40 for 3 days and that’s using all means of transport (bus, tram & boat taxi’s) Bus every 20mins or the tram every 10mins right outside the hotel into Venice. About 20-30minutes.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple