“Delicious vegan menu”
Review of The Hawk

The Hawk
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Hawk really is a pub for people with great taste - allowing you to dine and mingle in truly stylish surroundings. Proving that contemporary and traditional décor can work together with effortless ease, step into this premium establishment and discover a whole host of stylish corners, spacious dining areas, inviting seating spaces, and a lively atmosphere. Set in the idyllic setting of location of Battlesbridge, The Hawk is ideal for al fresco dining with its lovely outdoor space, where you can relax and unwind in the sunshine, in optimum style. Plenty of car parking is available and we are also a family friendly establishment, so please feel free to bring your little ones along.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Today was my third time visiting since the vegan menu came out ( just ask for it)
The food has been delicious every single time.
The service has been mixed but never bad.
We really like this pub. My husband ( not a vegan) really likes the whole food salad which is the nicest salad I’ve ever had at a restaurant. It’s full of ingredients and flavour.
I can also recommend the burger and I’ve tried both the vegan chocolate tart and the treacle and pecan tart which are so good.
The decor is lovely too.

General Manager A, Manager at The Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We are so happy that you enjoy our menu choices. See you again very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Good service, lovely food and no smelly dogs.
Nice lots of wine and beers. The girls serving always polite and helpful.

1  Thank essexgirl2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to the hawk! Thank you for your kind feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

A party of four of us Visited at 6.00pm and promptly taken to our table the waitress took our drinks order, we then ordered our meal we skipped Starters and went straight to mains, I had the Sea Bass which beautifully presented, we ordered desserts and continued chatting and the waitress arrived and said she thought we’d waited a while so offered us coffee on the house which was most surprising as we hadn’t noticed quite happy sitting and chatting 10/10 for being attentive unfortunately I cannot remember her name. A brilliant place to eat couldn’t fault definitely will return

General Manager A, Manager at The Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for this wonderful review, we will let the whole team know and try to work out who it was!

Thanks again Alex

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Visited 22/04/18 to try the new vegan menu. Options were good and what we ordered (burger and veg tart) were very tasty. However for £12.50 each for a burger and salad and a vegetable tart, neither of which come with chips or anything else, I would expect more from the service.
We ate in the garden and the sun umbrella we sat under flew out of its holder in the breeze and was literally inches away from seriously hurting another customer. I asked the man behind the bar to come and fix the umbrella back into place and explained that a customer had almost been knocked out because of it. He came out and said he could fix it but it'll take a while or he could take it away. Me being a red head remarked that I will get sunburnt without it or we'll just have to go inside. Now to me, good service would have been for him to fix it or offer to carry our food & drinks inside for us. He also didn't bother to ask who it was that was almost injured by the umbrella to offer them an apology or see if they were ok.
I just feel for the prices of the food you expect more.
Also heard staff members (rightfully so) moaning that they had not had a break for hours.

Dear guest

Thank you for bringing all of this to my attention, you are completely correct and we should have brought your meals inside for you if you were moving inside.

And yes we should have also spoken with the guest who nearly was struck by the umbrella, I would like you to contact me if you can on 01268767263 so I can speak with the team member who dealt with this issue so we can re train where necessary.

With regards the foh team, we have a very large team here and they receive the correct breaks if not more but as you can imagine on a very hot day as it was last week everyone felt tired. We are a very close team here at the Hawk and honestly our team is always top priority for us. We are a big family here who are passionate about giving great service to our guests and having fun whilst doing it. But when we get busy it is always going to be a bit harder than usual.

Please contact me though if you can or email on enquiries@thehawkbattlesbridge.co.uk as any more information is always helpful for us to improve.

Kind regards Alex

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I would rate this restaurant as "Good" if that rating were available, but not as high as "Very Good"

We took my wife's stepfather and his companion here for lunch. We all had the deep fried Brie starter, which was very nice. Our guests then both had Gammon & Eggs. Interestingly, this came not only with eggs but a large wedge of fresh pineapple. They both enjoyed their mains. My wife went for the lamb and I went for Venison. We both asked for them to be cooked medium. I have to say that my Venison was, in my opinion, a bit overcooked for medium, while my wife's lamb was actually perfect. It was disappointing that the Venison was overcooked, otherwise I would have given a Very Good rating.

General Manager A, Manager at The Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, i am sorry to hear that you found the venison over cooked. We are always happy to replace meals that are not cooked to your liking if we have made the mistake, so please let us know if there is ever a problem and we can solve this for you.

Hope so see you again soon