Open today: 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great option for boating and hiking option in Abel Tasman Park

A great company to book a boat and/or hike option. The hikes along the coast require a boat to get... read more

Reviewed 10 May 2024
TonyC_Austin
Austin, TX
Perfect Tasman Experience

Beyond expectations. Sarah our guide was absolutely fabulous! Interesting funny informative and so... read more

Reviewed 10 May 2024
Rachel B

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Abel Tasman National Park
from $375.00
from $170.00
from $110.00
from $230.00
1,125 results
All reviews split apple rock bay lodge medlands beach national park kayak trip walking trip guided walk abel tasman self guided great trip water taxi picnic lunch recommend this trip adele island first night beautiful scenery great walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2023 via mobile

We did the Vista cruise yesterday. That is we stayed on the boat the whole time and just enjoyed the breathtaking scenery.
A huge thanks to the crew, you were extremely considerate and saved our day. Particularly since it was the only chance my family from Italy had to experience the Abel Tasman Park.
I highly recommend this tour company and I will be back with my husband to do one of the walks.
Nadia Ganassin

Date of experience: January 2023
Darryl W, Wilson family member at Wilsons Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2023

Thank you for rating us, and we look forward to hosting you again

Reviewed 8 January 2023 via mobile

We are in our 50s and did the five day hike and kayak. Very easy walking with a few manageable steep hills. Lodge accommodation each night overlooking golden beaches were high quality as were the meals.

Date of experience: January 2023
HLHAbeltas, Wilson Team at Wilsons Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2023

Thank you!

Reviewed 4 January 2023 via mobile

We had such a great time on the three day guided track and kayaking experience. The guides were outstanding, the scenery serene, the lodges were nice, food good. We met great people in the group. Best experience! Highly recommend

1  Thank goinglightly

Reviewed 3 January 2023 via mobile

Fantastic 3 day trip wish we had chosen the 5 day trip, the lodges were very comfortable and food was of a very high standard. Seth and Jackson were great as our guides and worked tirelessly to ensure the trip ran smoothly. Our trip was seamless and couldn't have asked for more

Date of experience: January 2023

Thank you! The 5 Day trip might have been fully booked in January but we're glad you could experience a trip with us.

Reviewed 27 December 2022 via mobile

I purchased the 3-day self guided tour as a treat for myself over Christmas. It provided what I wanted - not having to carry large bags, clean bed and room with a private bathroom, and all meals provided (I’m not a fussy eater so they were all pretty good in my opinion). The track itself was amazing and beautiful, exceeded my expectations.

The main negatives were price and flexibility with times. I understand where the company is coming from and why it needs to be strict when looking after a group, but sometimes it felt like I was at school camp. It also meant a lot of cool spots were missed out by most (e.g. Cleopatras pool).

In terms of price, close to $1,500 isn’t cheap (plus inflated costs of drinks at the lodges) so you’d expect high quality service. I was by myself and often felt ‘forgotten’ - e.g. I didn’t receive a bag when I arrived, was skipped over with lunch on the first day on the ferry, non-alcoholics were given a champagne substitute for the Christmas dinner but again I was looked over. When a guest arrives at the lodge, perhaps a “Hi, welcome!” instead of “oh, there’s another one” is a bit of feedback to take onboard. I know it wasn’t personal, and Sarah and Seth (and other lodge staff) were friendly when approached. However, all little things add up to the overall experience and people do notice things.

I don’t usually leave reviews but after reading the owners response to reviews that are less than 4-stars (or have any bit of constructive criticism), I thought I should. Some responses were definitely personal and below the mark, which was quite second handedly embarrassing and disappointing to read. This is meant to be a place for customers (who have already paid and mostly aren’t asking for refunds - not that you would give any refunds) to share experiences on how we felt on the trip - especially when you request it from us! Customer service and a friendly attitude is free - I know times can be busy and stressful, especially during the holiday season, but this is usually the difference between 5-stars and anything less. Seems like something is a bit off with the company culture. Nothing above and beyond during my experience and I personally won’t be paying for something like this again, really just a genuinely average experience.

Date of experience: December 2022
3  Thank Hanna967
Darryl W, Owner at Wilsons Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2023

Thank you for joining us and also for taking the time to write. Points raised are helpful and will be taken onboard.

We appreciate acknowledgement of the team’s efforts despite our occasional missteps. We do try very hard to make everyone’s precious holiday a special time but Christmas Day brings with it a range of emotions and distractions. I can see how the off-duty team member casually advising the lodge host of your arrival for the formal welcome and introduction would appear offhand. I apologise on their behalf.

We pay serious attention to safety, particularly with solo travellers who choose to walk without a guide. Our recommendation for solo travellers is to join the guided trips as guides really do create a more inclusive experience, have local knowledge and the experience that enables you to see and explore more with on-the-spot communication and support for the tricky river crossing at Cleopatras Pool. Guides also manage the timing of tidal crossings and connecting travel.

Best wishes for future adventures, please don’t let this put you off the outdoors.