All reviews steam room large bathroom afternoon tea sirloin steak saturday night wedding venue friendly hotel evening meal couldn't do enough cooked breakfast plenty of parking stayed for one night couldn't fault car park sheldon waitress grumble
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

We booked a spa weekend in this hotel and pre booked treatments and when we got here we were told that the girl who does the treatments had phoned in sick so they would be cancelled. We were disappointed but decided to go to the pool which was advertised at being open until 8pm but when we got down there at 5:45pm we were told that the pool was closed due to there being glass in the pool and that it wouldn't be cleaned until the morning so we couldn't go in. All the staff were very blasé about the fact that we had ultimately had a spa weekend completely ruined by the fact that we couldn't use any of the spa facilities. We were even asked where we had travelled from and when we answered were told, 'ah well, at least you haven't travelled too far.' Well I'm sorry but 54 miles is a long way to travel for a spa when you arrive and can't have what you were expecting!! Very disappointing.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ivesypair
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Saw a weekend deal for this hotel on Groupon and I felt the price was worth it. Service at reception was okay, dinner and breakfast was good with variety of food options. Hotel is not far from Swansea so we had a family trip Swansea beach. Overall, we had fun

1  Thank Akinwole A
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night spa break. Room was modern, very comfortable and stocked with tea/coffee/biscuits. Beds were so comfy too!! Evening meal was of an excellent standard, dining room however lacked some atmosphere. Breakfast was mostly good, but very heavy on oil; deep fried mushrooms, hash browns, sausages and fried bread which didn't do it for me personally. However the pastries, yoghurts and fruit were all excellent quality and delicious. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely visit again. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

We went for a two night valentines stay,food both nights was excellent we have eaten at some lovely places and the food was up there with them and food and drinks very reasonable and Buble night great fun lovely atmosphere and staff were great. The breakfast was good I know that one of the waitresses was ill and the other one did great on her own.
Our room was big and lovely and warm and clean,really enjoyed our stay the hotel is a bit tired in places but I would definitely go again very good value for money.WELL DONE CHEF.
Hope you do some more tribute nights please

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I had heard many things about afternoon teas ! And had decided to try one.
Attending with my parents and my wife we duly requested the afternoon tea for four.
We were initially served tea and coffee within China cups and saucers and China tea and coffee pots. This was rather unique and well ! posh !
The afternoon tea then arrived. I am not going to over state my disappointment but I was disappointed.
Four people =
four scones with jam and cream, four small chocolate cakes, a small selection of cake and fancies and eight quarter sandwiches. I am unsure as to what I expected ? But what was served was not it.
I must admit I did order blindly and maybe a hearty meal would have been more the desired want !
I am unsure if it's my age now ? But upon ordering any food. I now find myself calculating what I could have bought and prepared for the cost that as charged.
So for the cost of £46:00 I could have bought and prepared an awful lot more and enjoyed it much more and still had change for the his bus fare home ! Had that been required.
I won't knock what we ate, as it was very nice. The coffee was exceptionally strong and possibly a larger jug of milk may have come in handy for four people.
If you fancy a one off afternoon tea ? Shop around as its expensive for what you actually receive. I fully appreciate over heads and costings and profits. But it was a tad expensive for what it was.

1  Thank IanW913