“Shocking Customer Service”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

We visited for a family members birthday and left so disappointed by the arrogant, rude, obnoxious attitude of the owner. The food was ok, but the owners approach was much to be desired. He was blunt and unwelcoming on his approach to our table to take our order and then a family member clarified what meat was in the curry and he almost passive aggressively challenged her to say unless you state it “madam” is chicken of course. This wasn’t stipulated anywhere on the menu and he continued to answer back and give attitude just because he was the owner. This all seems a little trivial but the it was quite upsetting for the family as it certainly ruined what was supposed to be a family dinner out. We will NEVER go back and proceed to tell everyone we know about the disgusting service!

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Llanelli2
Write a reviewReviews (297)

Reviewed 9 May 2021

Take away bought and a pubic hair was found. Truly shocking and utterly disgusting!!
When reported to the restaurant I was fobbed off as I had purchased via Just Eat.
You have been warned!
See photo

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank HoboR2
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

Oily, cold, flavourless food. I don’t understand how this restaurant has good reviews.
Btw you owe me a new table

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 1 January 2021

Anticipating a busy New Year's Eve for takeaways this year due to lochdown, we chose the Sheesh Mahal because of their preorder service from the day before. We telephoned to preorder the evening before and were given a 7.30pm pick up slot. Perfect.
I arrived early as am aware of the limited parking available in the area, only to find a queue of people waiting outside the restaurant. I decided to join the queue at 7.10 in order to arrive inside at my designated 7.30 slot (which I did - just). I was asked to take a seat, of which there were not many due to the number of people waiting for their food inside. None of the staff were wearing a face mask and none of the tables were being cleaned between customers sitting at them.
As I sat waiting for my food, the telephone was ringing constantly with people either complaining that their food was late (delivery service available), people ringing to say that items were missing from their order or people ringing with orders. Each person was told that there was an hour and a half wait time (this was said at least twenty times in half an hour - totally unrealistic for the kitchen! As I sat waiting, the queue outside was growing and it was obvious that the preorder system had been completely pointless, No thought was given to staggering pick up times and everybody was getting more and more annoyed (me inlcuded!). I FINALLY received my food at 8.35.
I completely understand that New Year's Eve is always going to be a busy night for takeaways, even more so this year. But what's the point of a preorder service with a designated pick up time if no staggering of times is done? The owner taking orders was placing more and more pressure on the kitchen, who had zero chance of keeping up.
Oh, but at least I was compensated for my wait - I was given ONE free poppadum! For a £30 order which was 1hr35 mins late! After being preordered 24 hours in advance! Gee thanks.
The food was nice enough, but I've had better.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Bethan W
Reviewed 1 January 2021

1 star is too much, phoned at 6 to order takeaway was told it would be 715 EST delivery time, phoned again at 750 to be told it's out for delivery then called again at 830 to be told it's on the way which was clever as they didn't even ask for a name this time, it's now 850 and I'm eating bowl of cereal instead

Date of visit: December 2020